community 2-0

refuge

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be dustin or maybe Norris, they were both prolific scorers. Norris is gone.

Coach is doing some funny things but the boys played through it. He sat Hull (19pts 1st game) and effectively sat white (who is a 20 pt per game scorer and solid defender) and sat Muldar, a Jr., who had a great 1st game, much of the time. He played an 8th grader and two 9th graders alot of the time, and sat the rest of his bench all game.

I know he is trying to develop a bench and keep fresh legs for an up tempo game, but starting these boys and sitting great players to do it is a funny way to go about it. Especially after the effort the boys gave him last year as undeclassmen playing a tough varsity schedule. They have earned the court time twice.

The best, or maybe worst, part of it is that the four boys who should be starting and playing most of the minutes are awsome together! With the easy schedule we have this year they, with the right fifth man for the situation, would win 16 to 18 games this year.

I trust Coach Ed knows what he is doing and will do the right thing come the season. These boys have earned it.

Edited by refuge

Could be dustin or maybe Norris, they were both prolific scorers. Norris is gone.

Coach is doing some funny things but the boys played through it. He sat Hull (19pts 1st game) and effectively sat white (who is a 20 pt per game scorer and solid defender) and sat Muldar, a Jr., who had a great 1st game, much of the time. He played an 8th grader and two 9th graders alot of the time, and sat the rest of his bench all game.

I know he is trying to develop a bench and keep fresh legs for an up tempo game, but starting these boys and sitting great players to do it is a funny way to go about it. Especially after the effort the boys gave him last year as undeclassmen playing a tough varsity schedule. They have earned the court time twice.

The best, or maybe worst, part of it is that the four boys who should be starting and playing most of the minutes are awsome together! With the easy schedule we have this year they, with the right fifth man for the situation, would win 16 to 18 games this year.

I trust Coach Ed knows what he is doing and will do the right thing come the season. These boys have earned it.

Can you put numbers with names???

And yes Community looked good over santa fe, but santa fe is definitely down this year from previous years....but good luck to community in there district :lol:

Can you put numbers with names???

And yes Community looked good over santa fe, but santa fe is definitely down this year from previous years....but good luck to community in there district :rolleyes:

Been awhile so I really can't remember a number, maybe #51? Norris rings a bell though. If it is Norris he will be a big loss for you guys. But the show must go on and others will have to step it up. Good luck to you guys in the District.

You're obviously not a fan of the coach. Do you have a son on the team?

Edited by cascade11

no, but a friend who does. And really I am not trying to "bash" the coach, just relaying facts. He thought his son and a friend who he is close to were better than they are, understandable, but now that reality has come he seems a little slow adjusting to it. It is a tough situation I am sure.

With this one exception, he doing a great job with this team.

It is a tough situation for him and I feel his pain: As long as natale and white are on the team (they are sophmores), edmonson and pierce are going to be the third and fourth best guards in unionville. So moving his son up hurts the kid, who would be starring on his middle team, but helps the varsity by having a pretty good backup and effectively sits pierce for this year. White could slide to the 3 with edmonson at 2, but that keeps haynes on the bench. Haynes is a tall (6'3 sophmore), fast, athletic, good shooting boy on a basketball team where the only hole is at the 3. Not developing him in that position would be tragic. Muldar has proven many times he has something to contribute that the edmonson and pierce will never bring. So coach Ed is stuck between his heart and putting the best team on the court, not just this year but for two years after that. No, I am not down on him, but he owes it to the kids to make this gut wrenching call. :ph34r:

no, but a friend who does. And really I am not trying to "bash" the coach, just relaying facts. He thought his son and a friend who he is close to were better than they are, understandable, but now that reality has come he seems a little slow adjusting to it. It is a tough situation I am sure.

With this one exception, he doing a great job with this team.

It is a tough situation for him and I feel his pain: As long as natale and white are on the team (they are sophmores), edmonson and pierce are going to be the third and fourth best guards in unionville. So moving his son up hurts the kid, who would be starring on his middle team, but helps the varsity by having a pretty good backup and effectively sits pierce for this year. White could slide to the 3 with edmonson at 2, but that keeps haynes on the bench. Haynes is a tall (6'3 sophmore), fast, athletic, good shooting boy on a basketball team where the only hole is at the 3. Not developing him in that position would be tragic. Muldar has proven many times he has something to contribute that the edmonson and pierce will never bring. So coach Ed is stuck between his heart and putting the best team on the court, not just this year but for two years after that. No, I am not down on him, but he owes it to the kids to make this gut wrenching call. :thumb:

The key to all of this is putting the best team on the floor, which does not necessarily mean putting the 5 best athletes on the floor. My guess is that the coach probably has a pretty good feel for what combinations play well together since he is at practice with them every day and went through camps with them this summer. You may not agree with his assessment, but I feel confident that your coach is doing what he believes to be in the best interest of the team. You are 3-0 with two blowout wins so enjoy the ride.

Edited by 4mercoach

this is exactly what I was saying the other day about him. Coach Ed tends to play favorites with certain people and doesn't always put the best players on the court. When he gets in trouble though, he will go to those better players, they pull them out of the hole and then back to the bench they go. I lived there 4 years and saw this happen consistently. All he worries about is running a 7 minute mile. That's his big thing. It didn't matter to me, but I did notice that and hear it from a lot of people who was there for years.

Edited by papatiger