community 2-0

refuge

this is exactly what I was saying the other day about him. Coach Ed tends to play favorites with certain people and doesn't always put the best players on the court. When he gets in trouble though, he will go to those better players, they pull them out of the hole and then back to the bench they go. I lived there 4 years and saw this happen consistently. All he worries about is running a 7 minute mile. That's his big thing. It didn't matter to me, but I did notice that and hear it from a lot of people who was there for years.

Most coaches have some standard for conditioning and any serious male high school athlete ought to be able to meet that standard, a 7 minute mile, without much trouble at all. As for playing favorites, every coach that has ever lived has been accused of that whether there is any real evidence of it or not. Of course fans and parents aren't ever guilty of having favorites.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most coaches have some standard for conditioning and any serious male high school athlete ought to be able to meet that standard, a 7 minute mile, without much trouble at all. As for playing favorites, every coach that has ever lived has been accused of that whether there is any real evidence of it or not. Of course fans and parents aren't ever guilty of having favorites.

Fans and parents aren't getting paid. Every Coach has not been accused of it. When coaching one's child you have to be aware this is a possibility and Coach accordingly. The worse thing you can do is alienate the child from his teammates by putting him in a position he isn't ready for.

I believe its a six min. mile. I was also told you weren't allowed to start until you make it. If you haven't seen this team they are in great shape and the wave of players coach sends in seems to wear down the other team. Lets don't hang the coach just yet for goodness sakes, he has two Jrs. nine Soph. three Fresh. and an eighth grader. Youth will eventually prevail. I'm sure he will get the combinations right. Go get'em VIKINGS !

Could be dustin or maybe Norris, they were both prolific scorers. Norris is gone.

Coach is doing some funny things but the boys played through it. He sat Hull (19pts 1st game) and effectively sat white (who is a 20 pt per game scorer and solid defender) and sat Muldar, a Jr., who had a great 1st game, much of the time. He played an 8th grader and two 9th graders alot of the time, and sat the rest of his bench all game.

I know he is trying to develop a bench and keep fresh legs for an up tempo game, but starting these boys and sitting great players to do it is a funny way to go about it. Especially after the effort the boys gave him last year as undeclassmen playing a tough varsity schedule. They have earned the court time twice.

The best, or maybe worst, part of it is that the four boys who should be starting and playing most of the minutes are awsome together! With the easy schedule we have this year they, with the right fifth man for the situation, would win 16 to 18 games this year.

I trust Coach Ed knows what he is doing and will do the right thing come the season. These boys have earned it.

is this guy the brother of that edmonson character that wanted to be girls coach at lebanon.....and lost out to dillegard? i'm just checking out the bloodlines boys.....lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this guy the brother of that edmonson character that wanted to be girls coach at lebanon.....and lost out to dillegard? i'm just checking out the bloodlines boys.....lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike does have a brother, but I'm not sure of his back ground. I used to see him when Mike and his wife Sheila dated, but that was years ago. I think he is in the coaching profession also, but I couldn't swear to that. I know they look alot alike.