Will Jo Byrns keep up their undefeated regular season streak?

bigfoot14_0

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team - Group of individuals who work together towards a common goal.

Now if I am not mistaken that common goal would be a state championship and it hasn't been accomplished. So I can't understand why everyone seems to be bickering with one another. As a fan our job is to attend games and cheer you guys on. As seniors your job now that the season is over is to pass your knowledge, wisdom, and work ethic over to the juniors and this job is not complete until you graduate. Juniors as next years leaders your job is to soak up as much knowledge and wisdom as you can and become good solid role models and leaders for next years team. All underclassmen it is your place to fill in when needed and perform to the best of your ability all the while working harder at getting bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter so that when it is your turn to lead there is no drop off from one year to the next. I guess what I am saying is if everyone knows their role and works to the common end there is no reason this program can't get stronger with each coming year. However if we continue to look back and agonize over what if and all the close calls we will never get to our goal. Also the season is over there is no need to look back and call people out for this and that just enjoy the rest of your senior year and continue to be a good role model for the underclassmen if there are problems internally handle them there not in public. If you feel someone is not working hard enough invite them to workout with you show them how you think it should be done, heck invite the whole team to hit the weights you will all be better for it, but above all be a team and continue to work towards that common goal. :thumb:

Edited by Raynok

You can definately tell ur related to Blake. You both read into to things way to much. Nobody was jumping on Blake for saying Orlando was better then Colton, or David Nordy was better then me, or all the other players he said was better then us seniors. I didnt see anybody jump on him for that, but when u start calling a fellow player lazy, then thats when i jumped on him. Especially when he does the same thing too. He can say what he wants but i can gurantee u that i can find plays where he takes off. I have seen it, either he was being lazy, or he just got whipped. And according to Blake he didnt get whipped all season long BY ANYBODY. I respect Blake and think he was a VERY good lineman, but i honestly just think he is jealous of the talent Tramont has, and he thinks he has wasted it. I personally dont think he has wasted his talents, but at the same time i dont think he has worked has hard as he could have, but he worked. As for the workout comments, he did work out during the offseason, if i remember correctly Tramont Moody is the STRONGEST person in Robertson county. I dont care who u are, that takes work. And no he didnt work out during the season, but neither did Blake, nor did anybody else who played on the team, besides bench warmers.

is it so obvious that i am related to blake. i always thought we were a lot alike but us thinking alike to amazing. what genetics can accomplish. i am done argueing but i want to point out that both mario of springfield and the dorris guy of greenbrier are stronger than tramont. at least they lifted more than he did in the lift-off. i'm done on this thread.

Team - Group of individuals who work together towards a common goal.

Now if I am not mistaken that common goal would be a state championship and it hasn't been accomplished. So I can't understand why everyone seems to be bickering with one another. As a fan our job is to attend games and cheer you guys on. As seniors your job now that the season is over is to pass your knowledge, wisdom, and work ethic over to the juniors and this job is not complete until you graduate. Juniors as next years leaders your job is to soak up as much knowledge and wisdom as you can and become good solid role models and leaders for next years team. All underclassmen it is your place to fill in when needed and perform to the best of your ability all the while working harder at getting bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter so that when it is your turn to lead there is no drop off from one year tp the next. I guess what I am saying is if everyone knows there role and works to the common end there is no reason this program can't get stronger with each coming year. However if we continue to look back and agonize over what if and all the close calls we will never get to our goal. Also the season is over there is no need to look back and call people out for this and that just enjoy the rest of your senior year and continue to be a good role model for the underclassmen if there are problems internally handle them their not in public. If you feel someone is not working hard enough invite them to workout with you show them how you think it should be done, heck invite the whole team to hit the weights you will all be better for it, but above all be a team and continue to work towards that common goal. :thumb:

I feel the same way! And yes, JBHS will continue their undefeated season streak but as a fan I could care less about the regular season if they never win the championship. However, the past two years have been the most important two seasons in JBHS football history. I know I've said this before but the mentality of both the community and players has changed due to the success that JBHS has had over the past two seasons. I followed JBHS football about as close as anybody had from about '90-'01. I stopped watching/keeping up with JBHS after the '01 season because I felt like there was no hope for JBHS football in terms of a state championship. I felt like the '01 team had a shot (after the Ezell game) but that was squashed very quickly in round 1 of the playoffs. From that point on I quit watching/keeping up with JBHS football. I had no hope; I couldn't see how we could ever compete with the top teams. Last year's team gave me hope and for that I'm very thankful because I really enjoy high school football and they helped me get back into it. It may sound like I'm a fair weather fan but it's hard to follow a team that consistently losses, especially when you have no other ties to the team other than being an alumni.

I consider myself a true fan and as a true I hate to see all this bickering going on between fans and players. If JBHS wants to win a championship it is going to take the collective effort of the community including fans, family, players, coaches, teachers, students, and the athletic club. Everyone has to swallow their pride and just get the/their job done.

I'm MOTO24 and I approve of this message! :thumb:

I have not been on here for a while. I lost interest in posting and I've been able to talk to some of my guys in person over the past couple of weeks. All I know is that the original question was "Will JB keep up their undefeated regular season streak?" Well, you can guess my answer to this after reading all this mess. I don't give a $*** about who DID what...now it's about what you DO!!! Guys, and I'm talking to current JB players, I'm not your coach (but I would like to be one of them) so you do what you want. It's just that this type of posting will set the tone and mindset for a lot of the younger guys that read this crap, and that mindset will not get you a gold ball. Ya'll might as well be arguing over who gets to sit next to who at lunch or who sits on the back seat of Ms. Kitty Bell's bus...both of these things are also things ya'll shoud've gotten over in 3rd grade!!! . I would just hate to see the younger players lose focus, even if you have already.

I didn't see anything like this last year at about this time on here. I just wonder if that is the true measure of the difference between '05 and '06. Only time will tell. I wish nothing but the best for the players in preparation for '07.

number one i didn't set a foot on that field because i am 47 years old and have already graduated high school. another thing is this thread was started to discuss the possibility for another undefeated regular season not for seniors, that is another thread and i haven't set foot on that. i brought up colton to respond to a player who said that orlando isn't even in colton's league and i used that as an example to explain why i thought that orlando is just as good if not better than colton. i believe that even you can admit that orlando is faster than colton. no one man can loose a game only a team can loose a game, it is a team effort. as far as me disking players i have only pointed out the obvious and when a player from jbhs agreed with me about 3 people jumped all over him when what he said was honest and innocent. if you want to jump on someone jump on me at least i can defend my self. i think that you all should be a little more honest with yourselves and look at things as they are, the fact is that everything that i have said is true and rather obvious and you don't attack me. but when a kid says it you jump on him, come on just because he said it doesn't make it any less true.

Sorry- I jumped from the Senior post to this one, so lets discuss keeping their undefeated seasons. First off, I would NEVER jump on or attack any kid. When I stated "Did Colton lose the game for you and that you guys went on that field as a team" I meant everyone of us. As a fan I feel we are just as much part of the JBHS team as anyone---we have our job to cheer on and support the other half of the team. So, please don't read into it what you want it to say to benefit you! Me like so many others on here don't want to argue with anyone, but I'm not going to sit back and let some of these players be talked about like this. Tell me what are Blake's weakness? You've pointed out everyone else's. All I'm saying is that if you wanted to give advise to the team or these players you should have done it before the season was over---when it would have counted! As for Orlando, yes he is a good player and will get better with time. Is he faster than Colton, yes! To say he is better that Colton at this time is crazy! Can he be better than Colton, I hope so because that would make for a better team next year. Do I hope he breaks the records Colton has broke at JBHS, yes because hopefully that means we are still winning games. Yes, Colton is my son and I'm VERY proud of him. He has done what alot of folks, including myself, didn't think he could do and that was make big plays with his size. He and Parker have both done this and I'm very proud of them and very sorry that I let it cross my mind that they were to small to get the job done. It doesn't matter your size--big, little, skinny or fat--if you have it in your heart thats what counts. I'm very proud of what all these guys have done for themselves, the coaches, the school, the fans and the community. I hope all the younger guys step up and play better than the guys this year and keep winning games! As far as the Tramont issue---for you to get on here and call any kid lazy is out of line! If you feel Tramont should push himself to do better, pull him to the side and tell him so. Encourage him ---- don't call him out on a site where hundreds of people are reading it. You made the comment that I jumped a kid, what do you call what you did to Tramont? All these guys have played hard and worked hard or they wouldn't have gotten as far as they did, including Blake!

we just have different ways to inspire. yours is positive reinforcement and mine is ridicule. that was instilled in me during my days at Carson-Newman where i played football. i saw what wonders it worked on talented kids. my coaches would bring in a good player and turn him into a great player in a span of a year because the coaches wouldn't give them a moments peace. they did the same thing to me and although i didn't like it at the time after i graduated i saw how quickly i progressed just because i wanted the coaches to get off of my case. ridicule can be a very powerful thing and it can force usually stoic players to get fired up or usually docile players to become aggressive. i guess it is just my style. sorry. i guess i owe everyone an assessement of blake's faults so i will give you one. he doesn't follow through with blocks. he is afraid of missing blocks so he comes in too slow. he doesn't drive or move his feet very well. he is arrogant, overconfident, and thinks things through too much, just like me. those are his faults and they are obvious if you know what to look for just like everyone elses faults are obvious. i said i was done with this thread but i thought that i owed it to everyone to explain my mentalities. mine is rare but i promise you that anyone that is associated with big time college football all the way up into the 90's has the same mentality as me. i might post a little more but i refuse to talk about prior player or last year any more. i have exhibited my info and you may make you decisions. and oh yeah before anyone tells me that i shouldn't have said that about blake, i asked him if i could write this about him and he said that it is all the truth and nothing is wrong with the truth. in other words i got his permission so that yall wouldn't get angry yet again.

Edited by CPR4u

RedDevil88, thanks for thinking of me. :D

Well, since the thread was already hijacked by some negative remarks about a player that should've never been posted on a public message board,I figured I'd give a positive shout-out to you for being my personal all time favorite running back to come out of JBS.....although I must admit you had first place to yourself (in my mind) for like 27+ years, BUT now have to share it with Colton. :thumb:

Edit: Can somebody post the JB football schedule for next year please? Oh yeah,I would also like to see the Jr High schedule if anybody happens to have it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by RedDevil88

Well, since the thread was already hijacked by some negative remarks about a player that should've never been posted on a public message board,I figured I'd give a positive shout-out to you for being my personal all time favorite running back to come out of JBS.....although I must admit you had first place to yourself (in my mind) for like 27+ years, BUT now have to share it with Colton. :thumb:

Edit: Can somebody post the JB football schedule for next year please? Oh yeah,I would also like to see the Jr High schedule if anybody happens to have it. Thanks in advance.

Later,

Randy B in Timberlake

To be mentioned with Colton is an honor for me. I wish I had had have the heart he does.