Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

But, were you even at the game. From the far side of field, I could hear Alcoa Fans screaming at the referee's all night. And it wasn't polite words of encouragement. What about the chant from the Alcoa fans "bu11$hi#, bu11$hi#, bu11$hi#, bu11$hi# over a call you didn't like when the ground caused the fumble and GP retained possession. Thats real classy. You certainly didn't hear that from our side.

And as long as we're talking class. When our #28 went down with concussion, just every other HS team I've ever seen takes a knee, demonstrating good sportsmanship and respect. But not Alcoa. Not on the field, and not on the sidelines.

:thumb: Maybe you can start a church league.!

Now I see why they call it GOODYPASTURE! :angry:

Edited by MatKat

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im surprisded you know what church is...some things that happen were uncalled for but hey its over..I wish Coacht would close his thread bcuz Im sure no senior who just played their last game would want to see this

Its so easy to get you guys. Write one post and you guys can't help but pile on. Its like taking candy from a baby. I knew you guys couldn't prove to be the bigger man and shut your mouths. The real Alcoa shows itself.

You can play football, but I'll take middle TN good sportsmaship over your "values" in east TN, anyday.

I was at the game. It seemed as if the game was closer than the score. Goodpasture's coach seemed as if he had some aweful play calling. What surprised me the most was Alcoa's defense holding Goodpasture to 3 points. Goodpasture's defense played as good as they good but seemed as if they realized the offense wasn't doing anything and just gave up towards he end. Goodpasture also did a heck of a job with Shiverdecker other than that 42 yrd run. I think he had like 11 carries for 33 yrd in the 1st half. The speed from Alcoa didn't seem to be all that people have been saying. If anyone's speed surprised me it was #9 for Goodpasture who ran down Lanxter on that long pass and had a couple touchdown saving tackles. Other than that Aloca was the better team and the best addition to Alcoa's team is not their offense or their speed but their defense.

Actually I have to agree with you. Good analysis. I just returned from the game so this is my first post. Goodpasture had very good speed on defense. Their kids played very hard and tackle well and with authority. Their secondary is not accustomed to playing 2A teams that can throw down field like Alcoa can. I know as I used to live in Nashville. CPA used to throw well with Coach Pack but I'm not so sure now. Honestly, the biggest thing I saw was coaching. Please get rid of that gimmicky offense. I have seen Maryville, Kingsport DB, William Blount, McCallie, Science Hill, Knoxville Bearden and Alcoa play and your offensive line is outstanding. Coach Rankin has said Alcoa has 5a athletes. If that is the case, Goodpasture has 5a offensive lineman. USE THEM WISELY! I was with a couple of coaches last night and they just shook their hid with some of the schemes and playing calling on the Cougar's behalf. Alcoa was flawless executing. Goodpasture should know the jet sweep is not effective inside the red zone against Alcoa's team speed. Why they didn't try the inside traps more I don't know. If Alcoa has a weakness it is in the middle of their defense. Good effort for the Goodpasture kids but I think they just ran out of steam at the end as they play too many players both ways to overtake Alcoa's deep lineup.

You need to learn how to spell. I know Alcoa isn't known for a great education. The post I posted before this one applies to you too. Be classy...for once.

Watch it!!! What are you talking about? Maryville and Alcoa City Schools pay their teachers more than any other school systems for a reason. Where did you go to school? Just curious. You have NO idea what you are talking about. Just jealous I guess.

Actually I have to agree with you. Good analysis. I just returned from the game so this is my first post. Goodpasture had very good speed on defense. Their kids played very hard and tackle well and with authority. Their secondary is not accustomed to playing 2A teams that can throw down field like Alcoa can. I know as I used to live in Nashville. CPA used to throw well with Coach Pack but I'm not so sure now. Honestly, the biggest thing I saw was coaching. Please get rid of that gimmicky offense. I have seen Maryville, Kingsport DB, William Blount, McCallie, Science Hill, Knoxville Bearden and Alcoa play and your offensive line is outstanding. Coach Rankin has said Alcoa has 5a athletes. If that is the case, Goodpasture has 5a offensive lineman. USE THEM WISELY! I was with a couple of coaches last night and they just shook their hid with some of the schemes and playing calling on the Cougar's behalf. Alcoa was flawless executing. Goodpasture should know the jet sweep is not effective inside the red zone against Alcoa's team speed. Why they didn't try the inside traps more I don't know. If Alcoa has a weakness it is in the middle of their defense. Good effort for the Goodpasture kids but I think they just ran out of steam at the end as they play too many players both ways to overtake Alcoa's deep lineup.

Good Post! I've heard good things about their line.

My whole point is GPHS was rated over Alcoa all year. However, Alcoa was taking on the D-II finalist, 3A State Champs, 4A state Champs and prorams that were former State champs but GPHS played an average schedule.

Who did GPHS play besides Libscomb?(I guess they were polite) To be the best U have to play the best!

BTW-GPHS fans read the Libscomb postings. You might have brought this on yourself.

You were beat by Alcoa last year. Why was the fans such a shock?

Private School vs Public, $$ vs blue colar, The1 and OKnative get a grip!

Edited by rigger101

My whole point is GPHS was rated over Alcoa all year. However, Alcoa was taking on the D-II finalist, 3A State Champs, 4A state Champs and prorams that were former State champs but GPHS played an average schedule.

Who did GPHS play besides Libscomb?(I guess they were polite) To be the best U have to play the best!

BTW-GPHS fans read the Libscomb postings. You might have brought this on yourself.

I tried to be congratulatory.

I tried to say good game.

I tried to show concession.

But you didn't want any part of it.

No, you wanted to get your digs in despite our congratulations from numerous GP fans, and doing so show yourselves as poor winners to the rest of the state. Can't even take a "good job" from the losers and call it quits.

Sure you won the game, but you've showed yourselves as fools, poor winners, arrogant and poor sports.

And for what. This is just a message board for football gamesmanship. Thats it. This isn't serious stuff. Certainly not important in the big scheme of things. Yet there should always be good sportsmanship, even on these boards.

But Whining?? Not at all. I call it having fun making yourselves look like you've successfully done. Like taking candy from a baby!

See ya next year.

Edited by oknative

Its so easy to get you guys. Write one post and you guys can't help but pile on. Its like taking candy from a baby. I knew you guys couldn't prove to be the bigger man and shut your mouths. The real Alcoa shows itself.

You can play football, but I'll take middle TN good sportsmaship over your "values" in east TN, anyday.

Actually, and I hate to chime in on this kind of thing, if you wanted to be congratulatory you would have said congratulations on the win and we hope to see you next year. In your first post after the game it was congratulations, excuse, and a little whine. While I will agree there are some Alcoa fans who are not gracious winners, you do not know how to lose.

“Congrats to Alcoa. You played the a good game and your defense came through when it had to.” (check the grammer from your post) This was how your post started and it was the right place to stop. When you lose you go up to the winner and say good game and we look forward to the next chance we meet, not try to minimize your loss as being just a couple of stops and an interception or two. After all that is always the difference in winning and losing a football game. The conciliatory winner is the one who gets to say that if it were not for those things you guys would have won.

As for your comment about taking candy from a baby; stick with doing that instead of trying to taking a win on the football field from Alcoa, you will have better luck at it.

Edited by k12koop

I tried to be congratulatory.

I tried to say good game.

I tried to show concession.

But you didn't want any part of it.

No, you wanted to get your digs in despite our congratulations from numerous GP fans, and doing so show yourselves as poor winners to the rest of the state. Can't even take a "good job" from the losers and call it quits.

Sure you won the game, but you've showed yourselves as fools, poor winners, arrogant and poor sports.

And for what. This is just a message board for football gamesmanship. Thats it. This isn't serious stuff. Certainly not important in the big scheme of things. Yet there should always be good sportsmanship, even on these boards.

But Whining?? Not at all. I call it having fun making yourselves look like you've successfully done. Like taking candy from a baby!

See ya next year.

And a closing thought, which came to me as I re-read all your post on this thread, your holding Shivy’s in check to just two touchdowns would have still be more than Gp's 3 points. And if you had not been so pompous in your other posts I would have kept that one to myself.