Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked with Duck's mom at Smith County and she said Duck was doing really well and that he was staying at about the same weight, but getting stronger, and most importantly faster. Duck told me he didnt play this fall because he redshirted so that he would still have three years to play at UT. He will play next fall for Coffeeville and then enroll at UT in January so that he can take part in spring practice and be ready to go for the Vols in the fall of '08.

I had heard, dont know if its true or not, that Duck played in a redshirt game and carried the ball 7 or 8 time for 80 something yards.

Congratulations to Alcoa!

Your team can compete with any school in the state of Tennessee. I was impressed with the QB to WR combination that Alcoa had. Rankin seemed to be passing more than he did at Riverdale. Alcoa definitely had an advantage there and did a good job of exploiting it.

Goodpasture moved the ball well, but couldn't finish the drives. Their line was impressive. Sorry Goodpasture...its unfortunate that only one team in each class ends the season happy.

After watching Fulton play on Saturday, I would like to see Fulton play Alcoa again. Then the winner of that game play the winner of Catholic and Maryville. That would give you the best team in the state (no offense Smyrna).

What type of Offense did Goodpature and Alcoa run?

We are having a debate at work about the pro offense vs the wing that a lot of teams use in TN.

Who knows?