Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

I Don't Care If You Wanna Call Us Classless...Look At The First Few Pages It's All Ravenwood And How We Live In Trailer Parks....Well Guess What!? 2006 5A STATE CHAMPS SMYRNA BULLDOGS! Not Only That But It Was Basically A Blowout And If Not For A Late Fumble The Score Would Have Been Even Worse. Call It Cocky Or Whatever Makes You Feel Better But Face It You All Should've Just Shut Up And Waited For The Game Like Most Of Smyrna Other Than Myself. I Know I Talk Trash But I Have Fun Doing It And Right Now I'm On Cloud 9 :P

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of commenting on other teams students or fans you need to get your own students in order. Of all the teams I have witnessed this year, Ravenwood students were by far the worst. Absolutely no problems when we played SHS, Franklin or anyone else. Maybe your arrogance just brings out the worst in people. Just a thought. Oh, and congratulations Smyrna. Great win!

what she said :P

I was on the field last game and afer the game at smyrna ravenwood fans were on the field singling out individual players and taunting them as they did all night last night.

well -------------- its a classic case of you can dish it out but you can't take it

bunch of arrogant cry babies

I usually don't like that kind of stuff but anyone that does not know the history between these 2 wouldn't understand

its the same old crap we hear from the ravenwood folks before the game thinking they have some kind of god given right to single out high school kids and say what ever they want but nobody is ever supposed to say anything back.

so let me once again emphasis

well -------------- its a classic case of you can dish it out but you can't take it

bunch of arrogant cry babies

Edited by 82cat

Even though we lost tonight, at least we were at the game. After years of being a Bruin fan when older kid went there, I'm amazed at the lack of class that has developed among some BHS supporters like you. Must be envy of some sort. Kinda tough, I know, when the spin off school starts achieving more than the "mother" school.. Thankfully all BHS fans aren't like that. I can honestly say that, except for when we play each other, I'll always pull for BHS to win. This is my third championship game in three years...the first with the Bruins and last two with the Raptors. Fun to watch, an honor to be there, and you need to have some humility win or lose

Both you and iamme are missing the point. This has nothing to do with wanting Ravenwood to win or lose. It's a fact that RHS makes excuses when they lose or complains about the other teams so-called classless behavior. When in reality your students scream insults at the other students and players and then get offended when someone retaliates. That is only human nature to respond when pushed like that. With that said, you had a great playoff run and should just be proud of that.

my view of the game and other thoughts

smyrna was clearly better at every position on the field and that is why they won

without the 2 gift wrapped fumbles ( fumbles without contact) I don't even know if ravenwood scores

does ravenwood run more than 3 basic plays? I kept thinking coach rector was settting something up. Or was the being able to move the ball giving him the illusion that his running game was working enough to win. He called a flea flicker early in the game and I though o boy here we go he is going to start running everything at us but ----------------- he never did?

no body kicked the ball to rod wilks all year and ravenwood thought they could cover a division one receiver man on man with a hs db? I mean on the last td they had him covered by a kid a foot shorter man on man. sonny checked out of a run play and threw the fade. ravenwood changed the second half and double him with a safety coming over but then smyrna just ran the ball at will

the state chamionship was really played last week at smyrna ooltewah was a much better team than ravenwood

season in review

smyrna looks terrible in scrimmages

smyrna will lose to lavergne this year

smyrna will not beat lavergne this time

smyrna will never beat riverdale

smyrna won't be able to come down after the riverdale win

josh day is all state period end of story no one is playing better on defense than josh

sonny gray has that something that few players have and if you are around him for a second you know it. He is the most humble kid you will ever be around also.

I have been around him a lot and you will never hear him brag about anything he accomplishes

josh crouch - as I told him last night every since he was a kid he has played on teams against my sons teams in every sport and for some reason the teams he is on always win chamionships in whatever sport he is playing

rod wilks big players make big plays in big games 6 tds the last 2 games

he already has numerous division one offers and next season will be the #1 prospect in tennessee 6ft 1 205 with a combine timed 4.46

coach shad - what a great job pushing all the right buttons and making all the right calls on schemes and personell to get smyrna here you deserve a lot of credit

no for a few folks

just1np

tdntn

fearthespear ( or as he will be called next yr " be mildy uncomfortable around the spear" )

and last but not least a poster we all love but who disappeared

fballismyhero - your favorite post of mine was " smyrna will never win the state chamionship as long as shad is there they let the only coach that could get them a gold ball go in coach wells"

well let me just say -- shut up :P

Both you and iamme are missing the point. This has nothing to do with wanting Ravenwood to win or lose. It's a fact that RHS makes excuses when they lose or complains about the other teams so-called classless behavior. When in reality your students scream insults at the other students and players and then get offended when someone retaliates. That is only human nature to respond when pushed like that. With that said, you had a great playoff run and should just be proud of that.

nobody is making excuses. smyrna played a good game and the better team won. and we cant control what our student section does. however, for an entire football team to show the classless behavior that they did was unnecessary. i guess you dont see that, but i know i wasnt the only one who did.

nobody is making excuses. smyrna played a good game and the better team won. and we cant control what our student section does. however, for an entire football team to show the classless behavior that they did was unnecessary. i guess you dont see that, but i know i wasnt the only one who did.

I'm sorry, Cat was right...Your student section can dish it out, but they can't take it. I was watching from the endzone, and all I saw was mild taunting. I didn't see anyone flipping anybody off.

The real problem was whoever administrated the game decided to hand out the championship hats right in front of their student section. That is the only reason the Smyrna players were over there in the first place (not to go purposefully taunt the Ravenwood students). Once they were there, they started pointing at the "S" on their helmets and holding their new hats up. Grow up and if you want to let the Ravenwood kids be kids, then let the Smyrna kids be kids too.

Great job by both teams on a terrific season!

Edited by innocent bystander

I'm sorry, Cat was right...Your student section can dish it out, but they can't take it. I was watching from the endzone, and all I saw was mild taunting. I didn't see anyone flipping anybody off.

The real problem was whoever administrated the game decided to hand out the championship hats right in front of their student section. That is the only reason the Smyrna players were over there in the first place (not to go purposefully taunt the Ravenwood students). Once they were there, they started pointing at the "S" on their helmets and holding their new hats up. Grow up and if you want to let the Ravenwood kids be kids, then let the Smyrna kids be kids too.

that is exactly what happened and at first I was like they probably shouldn't do that and I am pretty much old school on all that but-----------------

starting with the 1st ravenwood game smyrnas kids had been personally taunted and callled everything in the book so I can understand it better

We did let the smyrna kids be kids...but this time it was the football team. And when they are in uniform they represent the whole school and most importantly the type of coach they have. It was completely tasteless to taunt it in our faces. Our football team played two games with Smyrna, and they never taunted them. I don't understand why the smyrna football team would want to come on our side and taunt us while our football team was obviously upset. Atleast have enough respect for our players, or have enough respect for yourselves to act decent on TV.

Congratulations to Symrna for an excellent game plan and execution. No question who the winner was last night. To bad they had to tarnish their win with a classless display afterward by coming over to the Ravenwood sideline leaving Smyrna fans to wait for a justified celebration on their side of the stadium. The team had an opportunity to change a sterotype but managed to solidify one instead. I guess they practiced what they had been taught. True champions do not behave that way.

Raptors: Contratulations on an incredible run to the "ship"! We are proud of you and what you accomplished this "rebuilding year". Good luck to the seniors as they move on.

Congratulations to Symrna for an excellent game plan and execution. No question who the winner was last night. To bad they had to tarnish their win with a classless display afterward by coming over to the Ravenwood sideline leaving Smyrna fans to wait for a justified celebration on their side of the stadium. The team had an opportunity to change a sterotype but managed to solidify one instead. I guess they practiced what they had been taught. True champions do not behave that way.

Raptors: Contratulations on an incredible run to the "ship"! We are proud of you and what you accomplished this "rebuilding year". Good luck to the seniors as they move on.

Just curious, how did your team/fans justify singling out and taunting a Smyrna football player even after he came on here and publicly apologized and wished you luck. Still want to talk about class and lack of class? How bout a little crow with them sour grapes.

Just curious, how did your team/fans justify singling out and taunting a Smyrna football player even after he came on here and publicly apologized and wished you luck. Still want to talk about class and lack of class? How bout a little crow with them sour grapes.

The crap we put on these message boards has absolutely nothing to do with the way players handle themselves on the field. I really don't blame the Smyrna players for their Miami thug dances as much as I do their coach for not teaching them honor, pride and a little humility along the way.