Private schools going to state title games

jacksoncounty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with many others... this comes down to a rural vs. city schools issue (not public vs. private). If you consider the fact that David Lipscomb, Hillsboro, and Montgomery Bell Academy (MBA) are all within about 1 mile of each other, and all three have strong football programs. The kids that are zoned for Hillsboro (public school), who chose privates go to either MBA, Lipscomb, Brentwood Academy, Franklin Road Acadmey, Christ Presbyterian Academy, Father Ryan, etc... (all within a few miles of Hillsboro). The fact that all of these programs are successful, talks to the success of all the talented kids playing athletics in West and South Nashville. David Lipscomb primarily pulls kids from Green Hills (Hillsboro - public), Brentwood (Ravenwood and Brentwood publics), Franklin (Franklin public). and Bellevue (Pearl-Cohn and Hillwood publics). If there were no privates, can you imagine how these public schools would dominate??? I am sure it is the same story in Knoxville and Memphis, along with North Nashville (JPII, Goodpasture, Hendersonville, Gallatin, etc...). As someone who grew-up in a smaller district, I understand the frustration... The fact is... kids go to the privates (discluding scholarship providing schools), for other reasons outside of athletics (like prayer in school, family tradition, college preparation, and lack of violence). I know for a fact that 50% of the kids playing for Lipscomb in the championship game today started at Lipscomb in kindergartern. All the rest came in 5th or 6th grade. Face it.. we are parents that watched Columbine, which scared a lot of us out of schools where we do not know the parents, kids, etc... When you live in a big city, there are choices. The privates should not be penalized because they choose to be small... The main reason for success is strong middle school programs. If these kids play together since 5th or 6th grades, they are going to be better teams. My advice to the rural counties... start strong middle school programs. It can and will work. The talent in the cities is spread (as you can see from the examples above).

How true! It's worked in Sumner Co. schools (strong middle school programs bring strong high school ones).

For those of us that want to see how genuine, and truthful Fieldman really is, and if he has a conscience then please read my post #150 where he is quoted. Then please note that he made a statement in that quote that he had several children, some went to private school, some to public. This indicates he discriminates against his own children. Why do all not attend private schools if he "simply wants the best"? Then please refer back and attempt to locate the original post he made. It has been deleted.

Now that we have established what Fieldman really is, we can ignore his posts as disingenuine and manipulative at best.

Again, no facts, just name calling.

Smarter trolls please. :thumb:

Edited by CYJacket

For those of us that want to see how genuine, and truthful Fieldman really is, and if he as a conscience then please read my post #150 where he is quoted. Then please note that he made a statement in that quote that he had several children, some went to private school, some to public. This indicates he discriminates against his own children. Why do all not attend private schools if he "simply wants the best"? Then please refer back and attempt to locate the original post he made. It has been deleted.

Now that we have established what Fieldman really is, we can ignore his posts as disingenuine and manipulative at best.

Again, no facts, just name calling.

Smarter trolls please. :thumb:

CY,at least he will pray for us Idiots. His name calling sort of stirs me up. I hope he don't treat the people he deals with every day like he does on here, he may have to eat soup.

CY,at least he will pray for us Idiots. His name calling sort of stirs me up. I hope he don't treat the people he deals with every day like he does on here, he may have to eat soup.

Pujo,

This started when he attacked you for no reason by stating you didn't support Hampton. That was a misconception, and he knew it. Just another indication of his being disingenuine.

I have not agreed with you (not on this subject), not agreed with Baldcoach or Coachlogan on this subject but I have never been disingenuine, or fabricated anything to change the outcome of a thread. I agree they have their opinion, I mine and attempt discuss our disagreements with some humor, facts, and defend a position. I don't change my posts to suit an outcome I didn't like.

Fieldman's hands have been caught in the cookie jar. He says the above is his last post to me. I'm giving Vegas odds that it will not be. :thumb:

Gotta respond to one other thing in his post.

" Your statements about the church and other things reveals what you think."

Uh, my statements were not about "the church" but historical facts regarding A church. See fieldman there are more churches than the Catholic Church. The historical fact of what that church did during the period you have repeatedly refrenced is documented. You just sugar coated it to your liking. Poor Joan of Arc.

Pujo,

This started when he attacked you for no reason by stating you didn't support Hampton. That was a misconception, and he knew it. Just another indication of his being disingenuine.

I have not agreed with you (not on this subject), not agreed with Baldcoach or Coachlogan on this subject but I have never been disingenuine, or fabricated anything to change the outcome of a thread. I agree they have their opinion, I mine and attempt discuss our disagreements with some humor, facts, and defend a position. I don't change my posts to suit an outcome I didn't like.

Fieldman's hands have been caught in the cookie jar. He says the above is his last post to me. I'm giving Vegas odds that it will not be. :thumb:

You seem to be intellagent, tell me where we disagree, I might even change my opinion.

We disagreed on the transfer situation at Coalfield right before the game two weeks ago. Other than that we agree that we both suppor two verify public institutions.

Oh ,I thought you were talking about the public and private debate. As far as the kid goes , I knew you're coach was smarter than to play a kid who was not elligable. A very good player. He chose a good school.

Oh ,I thought you were talking about the public and private debate. As far as the kid goes , I knew you're coach was smarter than to play a kid who was not elligable. A very good player. He chose a good school.

No were are about on target in this debate with each other. And yes he is, and yes he did. Still no word from Fieldman though. :thumb: