SMHS @ Knox Catholic

stonebball0607

It's a little early in the season for Harrison to start dominating. He's only been at 1 practice and there's a big difference in football shape vs. basketball shape! Most of the Catholic football players took several days off after a tough playoff loss to Fulton. It will be interesting seeing how the football players blend into the mix. In addition to that, we have 2 huge losses to replace in All-state four year starter Matt Parton and Tremane Brown. Should be a typical Catholic low scoring defensive battle. Catholic hasn't played yet since so many of the guys played football and ther head coach is also a football assistant. First game jitters may hurt the Irish in this one!

Edited by IrishBBall

the slower place will fit into stones style. coach buck hangs his hat on defense and good shot selection. it will be interesting for me to find out what kind of talent this region has. dont be surprised if this game is close late and if stone can play to their potential maybe even squeek one out, but it dont think it will happen at catholic, maybe at smhs but not there

Catholic 59

SMHS 50

Edited by blueangel51

We will find out if coach Buck hangs his hat on defense and shot selection. Catholic will not try to trap Stone the whole game like Oliver Springs did. I was at the Stone vs OS game and they won 62-60, If they give up 60 points to Catholic, they will get beat atleast 10 points! After this game, we will know alot more about Stone and how they will fair in this district and region. I am going to pick Catholic just because of the defense that they play.

Good luck to both teams!

Edited by HappyHour22

It's a little early in the season for Harrison to start dominating. He's only been at 1 practice and there's a big difference in football shape vs. basketball shape! Most of the Catholic football players took several days off after a tough playoff loss to Fulton. It will be interesting seeing how the football players blend into the mix. In addition to that, we have 2 huge losses to replace in All-state four year starter Matt Parton and Tremane Brown. Should be a typical Catholic low scoring defensive battle. Catholic hasn't played yet since so many of the guys played football and ther head coach is also a football assistant. First game jitters may hurt the Irish in this one!

You always hear the football vs. basketball shape delima mentioned this time of year and I thought the same thing for a long time and it still applies to me when it comes to the average high school athlete but in recent years I've witnessed football players coming in and making immediate impact on the team and thier performances... make no mistake about it Harrison Smith is NO AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL athlete he is a STUD that will dominate early and often. The team on the other hand is a different story they may struggle because of chemistry but it won't be because of a lack of basketball shape from H. Smith.

You always hear the football vs. basketball shape delima mentioned this time of year and I thought the same thing for a long time and it still applies to me when it comes to the average high school athlete but in recent years I've witnessed football players coming in and making immediate impact on the team and thier performances... make no mistake about it Harrison Smith is NO AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL athlete he is a STUD that will dominate early and often. The team on the other hand is a different story they may struggle because of chemistry but it won't be because of a lack of basketball shape from H. Smith.

No question Harrison is in a class by himself with regard to athleticism. But after 2-3 times up the floor he was out of gas and didn't feel comfortable with the ball. I don't think Harry would disagree that he's no where close to "his" basketball shape but even given where he's at, he's still a better athlete than 80% of the players. He's not really a polished basketball player but is so much more athletic than most everyone else that he can dominate with physical skills not basketball skills.