Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Van Buren getting close to your top 25?

I know we are not top 10 material, but you stated earlier this year that us & Cascade were not close to the top 25.

After a 4-1 start (the one loss to AAA cumberland co.) are we better, worse, or about as you expected?

I do not know anything about Van Buren, but I do not care much for Cascade, although I like their coach. They have one guard, who I will not name, that has ZERO sportsmanship. She cannot handle pressure at all. When you get in her face with pressure, she starts throwing elbows at your head. The coach has pulled her out a couple of times I have seen for it, however, at some point she needs to be told that if she keeps playing that way that she will not get off the bench.

Good luck to Van Buren. :blink:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanging by a chad in your poll.........but that is fair we have to show a little better, no doubt. I will predict we get the ship straightened out this week when undefeated Oakdale and Wartburg come to the Tepee for some hoops games. I think #10 is a good place for us right now, but the girls have a lot of incentative to climb in the pt12 poll, cause its the most accurate one out there! You have hit a lot of nails on the head this week, C'range has been up to the task of their early season match ups and Summertown continues to impress a great many observers. I hope Oneida starts a win streak that has them climbing the ladder! I expect them to this year.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

p.s. Great Poll!

I think you were tough on us (Forrest) this week, but that is okay, lots of quality above us. I look at some of these teams however beating other teams by 30-50 points and I have to wonder about not only the caliber of their opponent but the sportsmanship of keeping starters in when you are demolishing a team. Now I know teams can get demolished by reserves also, but you know as well as I do, some coaches seem to thrive on these huge margins, I saw that this weekend with Loretto and Mt Pleasant, he pulled his starters out with 2 minutes to go and Mt Pleasant actually seemed demoralized, and Summertown beating Columbia Academy by 62?....... We have played a very tough early schedule as you stated and truthfully have been very inconsistant, starting out very strong with some teams, Harpeth and Lawrence for instance, and then seeming to lose our rhythm. Truthfully had Coach Reasonover left the starters in, I feel we would have trounced FRA, Lavergne and Wayne County and if our margin of victory been greater would you have felt we were a better ball club? We certainly do need to have it together this week with both Moore and Summertown.....As always I wait with anticipation for your Top10 and appreciate the work you put into it...and as always GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!

I respect the fact that coach Reasonover plays a lot of his girls when he is up big on teams because that is what will make his program successful in the long run. Margin of victory rarely has anything to do with my polls unless there is a common opponent among teams. As for the Summertown/Columbia Academy game, I highly doubt Coach Williard would feel the need to run the score up against a very bad Lady Bulldog team. I believe the box score had over ten Lady Eagles scoring in the game, so I do not think it was intentional by any means.

Forrest will be fine, but like I said, they did not look that good to me against Wayne County. Had the Lady Rockets not played such a tough schedule I would have moved them out of the Top 10 (right along side Wayne County) after I saw them play. I will say this, the only thing that impressed me in that game was the play of Summer Waggonner. She far exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately, the team as a whole, did not.

Van Buren getting close to your top 25?

I know we are not top 10 material, but you stated earlier this year that us & Cascade were not close to the top 25.

After a 4-1 start (the one loss to AAA cumberland co.) are we better, worse, or about as you expected?

The wins against Clay County and Monterey were good quality wins. However, it has to be said that both of those teams have a really good chance of not even getting past the District 7A Tournament (it is a very tough district though).

Van Buren's game against Forrest on the 8th should shed some light on where Van Buren fis into the larger scheme of things.

I think the ranking is pretty close. I would question whether or not RBS deserves to be #2 given that they have yet to play a quality team. It is easy to be undefeated when you play the games they have played so far. Before I get all of the RBS fans fired up, let me say I think RBS has all the makings for a very good team. I am only pointing out that they have not been tested, yet.

I think the ranking is pretty close. I would question whether or not RBS deserves to be #2 given that they have yet to play a quality team. It is easy to be undefeated when you play the games they have played so far. Before I get all of the RBS fans fired up, let me say I think RBS has all the makings for a very good team. I am only pointing out that they have not been tested, yet.

I agree with you 100%, and that is why i'm kind of worried about tonight, but then again it is hard to place them lower when they return 6 of the 7 players that saw most of the playing time last year, and they return there 3 top scorers from last years team, so I would say they return there main core of girls back this year...but it can go either way, they can play like state champs or like state chumps...like you said they haven't been tested to see what they can do THIS YEAR...Last year is over, and lets focus on this year...and see if these girls can repeat, or do better than they did last year...

All the teams pt12 has included in this poll, including those just outside of the top ten, are solid basketball teams. I could see the Single A Title going to a team with 4 to six losses :) , and thats gonna be a great trick with some of these teams schedules! Shoot the defending Champs are already saddled with 3! Of course we are somewhat limited to a few teams, but pt12 do you see any team out there that can run the table AND win the Gold Ball? If not, how many losses with this years Champion have when the dust clears? :) Good insight on the teams thus far, keep up the good work since you are several peoples, especially ME, best and most reliable source. Oh yeah, will Oneida have trouble dispatching undefeated Oakdale tonight?

Kazatoro

I agree with you 100%, and that is why i'm kind of worried about tonight, but then again it is hard to place them lower when they return 6 of the 7 players that saw most of the playing time last year, and they return there 3 top scorers from last years team, so I would say they return there main core of girls back this year...but it can go either way, they can play like state champs or like state chumps...like you said they haven't been tested to see what they can do THIS YEAR...Last year is over, and lets focus on this year...and see if these girls can repeat, or do better than they did last year...

Good points. One question: Do you think that RBS has a very weak schedule this year as compared to last year? It appears to me that the only tough games will be against ClarkRange, and possibly Jackson County. In the past, they played allot of bigger schools during the regular season. Maybe I am just missing something. Take care. :)

Good points. One question: Do you think that RBS has a very weak schedule this year as compared to last year? It appears to me that the only tough games will be against ClarkRange, and possibly Jackson County. In the past, they played allot of bigger schools during the regular season. Maybe I am just missing something. Take care. :)

I think RBS' schedule could definitely hurt them when they have to play Clarkrange and JCS.

I certainly respect your opinion ptguard12, because you are usually right... :), and I am certainly closer to being a rabid fan, than knowledgeble about basketball. It is very early as everyone points out, so I will continue to enjoy every minute of the season and cheer my girls on. If we continue to improve, if we have that bit of luck and if we stay healthy.....all big ifs not just for us, but all the teams, than who knows.... :)

when do the first AP rankings come out??

No disrespect meant, and I have wondered the same thing about when the AP poll comes out, but who really cares? We have our own State poll in pt12. And we can even ask him questions about his poll. The AP will probably just copy his anyway. At least if they are smart. :)

That all being said, I too will look at the AP poll when it comes out. However, polls do not mean allot to me considering we have to find a way to get out of the best region in Tennessee. Can you picture this, if it occurred this way? Say if we were the #1 team from D11, we would play the #4 from D12. That will probably be Wayne County or Perry County. Both are always very good, if not great. If we got by them, we would have to play the #2 from D12, either Summertown or Collinwood. If we got by that, we would have to play the other one. Depending on how that comes out, we could end up going to Forrest or them coming to us, just to get past subs. Either way, that is a tough match up. It is kind of like fighting Ali, Frazer, Holmes, and Tyson on consecutive nights. And that is if we come out #1 in our district. Moore County, Santa Fe, and Cornersville all have the same idea. Take care. :)