Who's next at LaVergne?

purple75gold

hey 2p

While certainly Lavergne is now a competitve program week in and week out their "success" is not what most would think

during the last 6 yrs lavergne has only beaten one team with a winning record and that was cookeville this yr

their playoff record during this time is 1 win (cookeville this year) and 2 losses

from what I hear hester is a good guy and smart coach

I am not posting this to beat on lavergen ( I have given them a pass since they supported smyrna with their school sign) but rather to say maybe it was time to get some new blood in. I mean if beating bad to mediocre teams is your goal so be it but if you want to get to that next level maybe a new direction is needed.

Cat, that is what every team does, they beat the teams they are suppose to beat and play the others tight and hope for good things to happen. Smyrna, does the same they don't beat many winning teams either, they beat the teams they are suppose to beat and play the others close and hope for good things to happen, just like the Riverdale game. Year in, year out you just have to beat who ever is on the other side of the ball, regardless. Don't dog out anybody because Smyrna finally got over the hump. Not making excuses but it is about time for as long as SHS has been open, way longer than LHS.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat, that is what every team does, they beat the teams they are suppose to beat and play the others tight and hope for good things to happen. Smyrna, does the same they don't beat many winning teams either, they beat the teams they are suppose to beat and play the others close and hope for good things to happen, just like the Riverdale game. Year in, year out you just have to beat who ever is on the other side of the ball, regardless. Don't dog out anybody because Smyrna finally got over the hump. Not making excuses but it is about time for as long as SHS has been open, way longer than LHS.

sorry you are way wrong I don't have time to do it now but i put up smyrnas wins against teams with winning records and they have numerous wins over teams with winnig records well before this year, just a few teams thay have beaten that ended the year with winning records

hendersonville x 3

gallatin x 1

brentwood x 2

lebanon x 2

lavergne x xxx

lincoln county x 2

coffee county x 1( not this yr a couple yrs ago)

thats 12 wins against teams with winning records just off the top of my head

ooltewah

riverdale

ravenwood

lavergen ????

cookeville in 2006 thats it end of story not another single win over another team with a winnng regular season record in the past 6 years

there is no comparison even if you leave smyrnas record this yr off