Lewis County tops Summertown in the last seconds; 40-39

wisdom to the world

Lewis County came in to this game with confidence after receiving their 1st victory of the year against Lawerence County last night. It was the 1st time in eight years that the Lewis County boys have beaten Lawerence.

Lewis led most of the 1st half but went in to halftime with a 30-28 deficit. Summertown then came out in the second half and completly out hustled the Panthers. They ended up with a 5 point lead with about 1 1/2 minutes left. Braden Brewer caught a pass off of a screen set by Chance Helton and put up a 3, missed and got his own rebound and layed the ball in to cut it to a 3 point deficit. Immediately following this play the Panters went into a full court press and Ethan Dye stole the ball and was fouled and went to the line to add 2 points now bringing the deficit to 1 point. The panthers were forced to foul. Summertown missed the 1 and 1 and Kyle Tennison came down with the board. He kicked it upcourt to Chance Helton and he was fouled. Chance left his free throw short but he put amazing pressure on Summertown's Brandon Keeton to force another turnover. This time Braden got the steal and with about 17 seconds left and dished it to Helton. Helton then gave it right back to Braden and he drove in and made a game-winning layup. The amazing part about this play was the fact that Braden held on to the ball because he was fouled at least 10 times from the 3 point line in.

This game gave the Panthers back to back wins already this season. They only achieved this one time all of last season. They are 2-2 but they lost the 1st game in overtime without their leader (Braden) and the 2nd game they had a 17 point lead at one time but lost the game late in the 4th. This looks like it could be an interesting season for the boys in black and gold.

This is your report by "The" Dylan Atkins and I approve this message!

Edited by wisdom to the world

Union City usually has 79 points by the third quarter......Just sayin.. :lol:

well i dont really know why you posted on here but the may score that much but we play defense in middle tennessee i dont think you guys know what that is. and you guys keep forgeting another leader who helps keep everyone off kyle because he is getting double teamed. darren always is double teamed no matter who we play.

well i dont really know why you posted on here but the may score that much but we play defense in middle tennessee i dont think you guys know what that is. and you guys keep forgeting another leader who helps keep everyone off kyle because he is getting double teamed. darren always is double teamed no matter who we play.

Yeah you guys play defense....L ;) L..BTW....I have NO IDEA who Kyle or Darren is,nor do I care...I was posting on here because of the low score...Union City would show both of these teams what defense was...Believe me... :thumb:

well im gonna reply to everything in this message. first off, hurricane...we will come to summertown and beat yall and also make ya like it.

secondly, union city...y dont you keep tellin yalls selves that yall can win cause it wouldnt happen. us and summertown are great teams and would beat yall. yall may score 79 points in the first half but against either of our teams you wouldnt come close.

lastly, about the leaders argument. they all are leaders. talent aint everthing about bein a leader either. last night the boys traveled to culleoka. yes they still lost but played an excellent game spite all the turnovers. but, culleoka's demario williams, a division 1 prospect was shutout in a sence. he ended up with 18 points but only 10 or 12 of those were from the field. the rest were from the line where he was sent from some outrageous calls. our lchs defense shut him up. and he is by far the most talented ball player they have faced this year and may face all season. Kyle, Darren and Braden lead in different aspects of the game. also, so far this season we have had 4 different scorin leaders in 5 games. so we cant go out and say he is the leader or he is. they all lead as well as many others on the team. i know one of the boys wont win a game alone. they play team ball and everyone knows it. normally posts dont score unless a guard gives the ball to them either. so there is no "leader" of the team this season.

well im gonna reply to everything in this message. first off, hurricane...we will come to summertown and beat yall and also make ya like it.

secondly, union city...y dont you keep tellin yalls selves that yall can win cause it wouldnt happen. us and summertown are great teams and would beat yall. yall may score 79 points in the first half but against either of our teams you wouldnt come close.

lastly, about the leaders argument. they all are leaders. talent aint everthing about bein a leader either. last night the boys traveled to culleoka. yes they still lost but played an excellent game spite all the turnovers. but, culleoka's demario williams, a division 1 prospect was shutout in a sence. he ended up with 18 points but only 10 or 12 of those were from the field. the rest were from the line where he was sent from some outrageous calls. our lchs defense shut him up. and he is by far the most talented ball player they have faced this year and may face all season. Kyle, Darren and Braden lead in different aspects of the game. also, so far this season we have had 4 different scorin leaders in 5 games. so we cant go out and say he is the leader or he is. they all lead as well as many others on the team. i know one of the boys wont win a game alone. they play team ball and everyone knows it. normally posts dont score unless a guard gives the ball to them either. so there is no "leader" of the team this season.

First off i'll admit when i'm wrong. dave you were right on the last play and i was influenced to think otherwise but thats what i thought happened. Please, coach, next time you think i've posted something wrong tell me about it instead of my girlfriend, we are grownups here. btw both of us were wrong....i was wrong about the last play but you were wrong about ethan having the last 2 steals (braden had the last one there bud). the Union City idiot...you can just stay over there in union city and think that yall know how to play defense and better yet basketball. Whatever it takes for you to sleep at night darlin. finally mr uknowme...i agree about the leadership. I only meant to say that brewer was one of the leaders, not the only one. Braden, Darren, Chance, and Kyle are the people I would consider leaders of this team bc so far their performances have determined whether the game was a win or a loss. That was the talent leaders and of course the emotional leaders are gonna be Braden, Darren, and Chase because they are seniors. Just thought that everything should be cleared up.

this is the artist formerly known as nation

Oh yeah! hurricane you must be high if you think that yall are gonna beat us!

The only reason the game was close is bc the refs screw lc in every sport.

Yall are a good team just not as good as Lewis County this year which is not that big a deal since yall are single a and we're double a. still good luck in the game on the 15th

Edited by wisdom to the world

If you don't leaders you have problems. Who are you gonna look to in pressure situations with no leader? Who's gonna calm the team down or pump the team up as needed? Leaders can change on a night-to-night basis but you're gonna have the same core people all season. Whether this team this year has one or not, you always need somebody to set the tempo.