rutherford county duals? at smyrna....

the-one

who do yall think will do good or who might have a chance to win the county dual

i know smyrna won wat the last 4 or 5 county duals..... but since i heard that they got a new coach and other stuff...........they still might have a good chance.....

but riverdale i heard they are coming out strong........but i dont no i guess when i wrestle i'll find out................

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who do yall think will do good or who might have a chance to win the county dual

i know smyrna won wat the last 4 or 5 county duals..... but since i heard that they got a new coach and other stuff...........they still might have a good chance.....

but riverdale i heard they are coming out strong........but i dont no i guess when i wrestle i'll find out................

After five years in a roll, defending champs Smyrna will be watching Riverdale, Oakland and Blackman dominate this one. It is possible Smyrna struggles with all teams in attendance on this day, but at the same time some of the wrestlers not in the lineup Saturday may help bring home Smyrna's first state championship since bowling. B)

After five years in a roll, defending champs Smyrna will be watching Riverdale, Oakland and Blackman dominate this one. It is possible Smyrna struggles with all teams in attendance on this day, but at the same time some of the wrestlers not in the lineup Saturday may help bring home Smyrna's first state championship since bowling. :P

I dont have a dog in this fight but if Blackman fills a full team then they should win the tournament

I dont have a dog in this fight but if Blackman fills a full team then they should win the tournament

I do have a dawg in this fight and I predict Riverdale over Blackman in a squeaker. But I hope BLACKMAN pulls out the win!! Oakland not far behind followed by lavergne, siegel, and Smyrna last. :thumb:

I would like to point out that it is going to be a special day for Smyrna in spite of the small line up. One post mentioned the fact that Smyrna had a new coach. That is of no concern to anyone of the parents or the kids who have been associated with him at all. He knows what he is doing. He is doing a great job, and it will certainly show when he gets a full line up and the kids also get some more experience. Keep in mind that the Dawgs graduated a lot of Srs. and the bulk of experience comes from Jrs. and under. A bright day is ahead for the program and the kids involved.

I would like to point out that it is going to be a special day for Smyrna in spite of the small line up. One post mentioned the fact that Smyrna had a new coach. That is of no concern to anyone of the parents or the kids who have been associated with him at all. He knows what he is doing. He is doing a great job, and it will certainly show when he gets a full line up and the kids also get some more experience. Keep in mind that the Dawgs graduated a lot of Srs. and the bulk of experience comes from Jrs. and under. A bright day is ahead for the program and the kids involved.

You are right, Coach Garner is doing a really good job so far. Everyone needs to give him some time as any time you have change, things need to get adjusted. Good luck Bulldogs...fight hard.

You will see some hard hitters still in Matt Martin, Jarod Cashion, Jordan Selph, Josh Taylor, Urnaus Savatvong and Kyle Saunders. Just because they don't fill a full line-up doesn't mean you can overlook them. (Sorry I left a really hard Hitter KYLE FRAZIER, I forgot him because he is still playing football...Blue Cross Bowl...State all the way....Looks like Kyle will compete in two State events this year....GO KYLE...GO BULLDOGS)

Gonyea

Edited by CoachGonyeaTemp

Congrats to Coach Richie and his big wins over Blackman and Riverdale. Oakland may be the team to beat arond these parts!! Miller and crew further down south may have a team or two here in Rutherford Co. to gear up for.

Coach Garner should be posting results later today. Nicely ran tournament!! :lol:

WELL... NOW SMYRNA HAS A FEW GUYS COMING TO HELP SHORE SOME THINGS UP!! CONGRATS BULLDOGS!!!

What a long road there over Ooltewah and Riverdale :thumb:

I know this ain't the site,,, but I must add National High School Football Rankings which Smyrna was not included:

39. Maryville High School Maryville TN 14-0

59. Ooltewah High School Ooltewah TN 13-0

64. Dobyns-Bennett High School Kingsport TN 10-0

65. Riverdale High School Murfreesboro TN 9-1

92 Red Bank High School Chattanooga TN 12-0

So much for rankings for those of you so worried about it.

Edited by soms