And. Co, Crockett Co, Loudon, A-E, PHS

swamp

Kingston has always and will continue to be a top program in 3A in East Tennessee. If they make it to the play-offs, they will always be a contender. Largely in part of their tough region and the scrimmages they have pre-season. They may lose a game they shouldn't but they always play against tough competition which help prepare them for the pace of a championship game. One thing I learned this year as a fan is how important it is to schedule tough teams and scrimmages early. I.E. Austin East. I thought they were crazy to schedule Independence after I seen the score. But Stevens knew what the purpose of that game was about. "To be a champion you must see a champion". Also before that I thought he was crazy for scrimaging the teams they scrimmaged in the pre-season. Once again he proved me wrong.(4 way vs. Clinton, Cleveland and Soddy Daisy and 1 week later scrimmaged 3 way with Seymour and Morristown West). This year I heard they scrimmage in a 4 way with Maryville, Murfreesboro Riverdale, and Soddy Daisy. He tells fans that ask him why such tough pre-season and first game? It prepares us for the pace of a championship game. Against good teams you have to learn the 3 P's Preparation, Patience and Perserverance. Coach King also does the same with his pre-season. I heard AE coaching staff say that Kingston scrimmages Oak Ridge this week. Just an example of the point I'm trying to make.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for being so complementary, B. Kingston's scrimmage schedule has suffered. It had been a while since RCHS scrimmaged Oak Ridge. I guess the AE scrimmage is a thing of the past with it being a region game. Kingston generally scrimmages Bearden in the fall and spring, but I'm not sure how much that helps. I think Kingston scrimmaged Tyner last year. Kingston needs to see team speed on the other side of the ball before the season starts. That was RCHS' biggest weakness in 01. That, and having an undersized O line and running backs. You can never count them out, though.

I feel as though, Fulton might give everyone a run for their money. Fulton's Freshmen squad last year, only lost 1 game. Therefore, most of them players will make that impact on the varsity squad. I know most of you might be saying, "But they're just sophomores!" But still, you have to realize that they can still make a difference.

We get Fulton early and I feel as though, the winner of that game might be the district champs.

GO AE!!!!

Most Kingsotn people are very proud. They would never criticize their program. I see where you have openly criticized them as well as give them support. I can remember some pretty good Kingston teams. Which team was the best?

Mazy, 89 was best, followed by 98. 88 comes in a close 3rd.

I am very proud, too, but I think we should be realistic. 5 of the last 6 years we haven't done so well. Kingston won the region in 99 and 00, but showed in the playoffs that those weren't great teams by Kingston standards. The 01 squad's 4-6 record speaks for itself. But, Kingston will bounce back, they always have.

It sounds to me that you all are a bunch of east Tennessee fans. Come west a little ways and thats where you will find some real football. AE it sounds as if yall think yall blew out Crockett County in the championship game last year. You only beat us by six points and we were a whole lot smaller than yall. Look to see Crockett County again in week 15!