Warren County @ Seigel

sport_chicka_1415

Warren County caught Siegel on the wrong night. Kristen Siegenthaler lit it up, hitting 7 treys and ending up with 28 points to lead all scorers. She shot about 80 %. Siegel hit a school record ( I think) 11 three pointers and had the starters on the bench by the 4 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

Warren County played a sagging defense, double and triple teaming the posts in the paint. Unfortunately for them, no one was there to guard against the outside shots. In spite of this, Parrott had 13 points in the paint and Spurlock had 10, 6 coming from three point range. Faulkner had 8, played a terrific game defensively and didn't turn the ball over. Waggoner hit 4 of 6 free throws, as well. I know that I am leaving some one out. The final was 71-34 and could have been much, much worse.

Kristen Siegenthaler was on. She was hitting them from the parking lot. I think she passed up a couple of open 3's at the end as her arm was getting tired. I agree Star Pres has got to be a Siegel record. Congrats to Sig!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren County Did have a bright spot in this game as Frazier proved what a number of fans already know, that she was a very good player. As WC improves throughout the season, Frazier will be a big part of the reason on how well they will do. The whole WC team can be commended for the effort they exhibited as it is generally in the style that WC usually exhibits.

One thing that is absolutely evident, WC brought support for their team to Siegel and usually effort and support are good. WC has got many good games ahead in what has become a very competitive, hard fought District 7AAA.

Warren County caught Siegel on the wrong night. Kristen Siegenthaler lit it up, hitting 7 treys and ending up with 28 points to lead all scorers. She shot about 80 %. Siegel hit a school record ( I think) 11 three pointers and had the starters on the bench by the 4 minute mark of the 3rd quarter.

Warren County played a sagging defense, double and triple teaming the posts in the paint. Unfortunately for them, no one was there to guard against the outside shots. In spite of this, Parrott had 13 points in the paint and Spurlock had 10, 6 coming from three point range. Faulkner had 8, played a terrific game defensively and didn't turn the ball over. Waggoner hit 4 of 6 free throws, as well. I know that I am leaving some one out. The final was 71-34 and could have been much, much worse.

Being on a losing end of a contest is usually not a very good position. Coach Eades, very likely, agonizes every time WC loses because a coach cannot put as much into a team and not feel for the players and fans, This coach is a very nice person who has the kids on the team foremost in her mind. No one likes to lose and the team's record seems to be getting better. However, it is going to take a few years to fix this program. There are some good players on this team, in fact, exceptional. i

Pres, that is a good assessment of what happened but a game such as this is a little unusual and good for the team and player who has a hot night but all know that most of the time a well balanced scoring team does better than one that isn't. For Siegel to do well, All eight of their players need to participate in the victory both in scoring and defense. Certainly, there is not a way to have a great night every night out. We look forward to seeing more balanced scoring and play with this team.

PH, I wonder why you are such an apologist for WC's coach? Yeah, she's a nice person, blah, blah. I wonder about the kids' best interest. Wouldn't going to college be the best intereset of the kids? Also, she's had a FEW years and then some, isn't it time to try something new? Try asking the hard questions and maybethe answers will schange.

PH, I wonder why you are such an apologist for WC's coach? Yeah, she's a nice person, blah, blah. I wonder about the kids' best interest. Wouldn't going to college be the best intereset of the kids? Also, she's had a FEW years and then some, isn't it time to try something new? Try asking the hard questions and maybethe answers will schange.

I appreciate VERY MUCH this post. I know it hasn't change in the last 14 years but until everyone in The Community gets their their act together and recognize what and where the true problems are, nothing will get done. You can say it is the coach and someone else will say something else but what is needed most is some leadership to find out what the County needs. This subject will go on and on and its obvious something is wrong and many have been specific as to what it is but it is difficult to blame it all on a coach that has 4 people on staff and just coaches girls basketball. The coach has someone she reports to and so does the athletic direct and so does the principal and so does the schoolboard and so does everyone who is not working together to resolve this but I am sure other things.

So the Coach gets fired, who in their right mind would want the job with all of the diverse directions everything is going. Even she might say that she would have a difficult time in reaching the level of play that is wanted. If you are telling anyone that will resolve everything, I would tell you , "Baloney".

What is interesting to me is that Warren county has a rich tradition of good things and getting things done. You are doers. You are solvers of problems. There is a county full of people that know what to do if it needs to be done. Evidently there is not enough people that are motivated.

As I have posted before, your frustration screams out and the thing that is obvious, there is not a communication outlet. That is what I remember WC doing best. You will have some players that will play at another level but there are other things needed to resolve this perceived problem by some. But to say a lady sitting on a bench working with young players has the clout to resolve all of this......................... My opinion, she will tell you she has made mistakes and its unbelieveable if the Athletic director will not say the same thing. Now who is going to step up and in the WC great tradition, one that has in the past made hard decisions and did things to make WC one of the best. Is it going to be you or someone like you?

It's my opinion the reason Lebanon make their drastic change is that the Business Leaders of the town realized that for the town to do better and the county to do better, the whole infrastructure has to improve. It is the perceptions of what the citizens and County is all about. This did not answer the question you asked me to ask but it is sure a reply to something I have posted. And by the way,.........................Best of luck to the Pioneers.

Edited by PHargis

I appreciate VERY MUCH this post. I know it hasn't change in the last 14 years but until everyone in The Community gets their their act together and recognize what and where the true problems are, nothing will get done. You can say it is the coach and someone else will say something else but what is needed most is some leadership to find out what the County needs. This subject will go on and on and its obvious something is wrong and many have been specific as to what it is but it is difficult to blame it all on a coach that has 4 people on staff and just coaches girls basketball. The coach has someone she reports to and so does the athletic direct and so does the principal and so does the schoolboard and so does everyone who is not working together to resolve this but I am sure other things.

So the Coach gets fired, who in their right mind would want the job with all of the diverse directions everything is going. Even she might say that she would have a difficult time in reaching the level of play that is wanted. If you are telling anyone that will resolve everything, I would tell you , "Baloney".

What is interesting to me is that Warren county has a rich tradition of good things and getting things done. You are doers. You are solvers of problems. There is a county full of people that know what to do if it needs to be done. Evidently there is not enough people that are motivated.

As I have posted before, your frustration screams out and the thing that is obvious, there is not a communication outlet. That is what I remember WC doing best. You will have some players that will play at another level but there are other things needed to resolve this perceived problem by some. But to say a lady sitting on a bench working with young players has the clout to resolve all of this......................... My opinion, she will tell you she has made mistakes and its unbelieveable if the Athletic director will not say the same thing. Now who is going to step up and in the WC great tradition, one that has in the past made hard decisions and did things to make WC one of the best. Is it going to be you or someone like you?

It's my opinion the reason Lebanon make their drastic change is that the Business Leaders of the town realized that for the town to do better and the county to do better, the whole infrastructure has to improve. It is the perceptions of what the citizens and County is all about. This did not answer the question you asked me to ask but it is sure a reply to something I have posted. And by the way,.........................Best of luck to the Pioneers.

there you go again... i totally respect your knowledge of the boro schools... no matter how much family you have in wc, you are totally out of touch with the problems here... you don't think a change in the coaching staff would make a difference? just hypothetically speaking of course, and hoop20 has the better list on this than i do, how many players would we still have under a different coach? you say we have kids that can play at another level? we have better that have quit or been run off... you understand that the coach and ad are twins don't you? you expect him to admit he made a mistake hiring her? give me a break... business leaders here are struggling with their own problems... factories shutting down, lost jobs... the community has bigger problems than girls basketball... starting to wonder if the family you claim to have in wc doesn't include the twins... as for who would want the job? anyone who truly cares about kids would be happy to take these wonderful girls who have endured so much...

What drastic change did Lebanon make other than firing a coach for having an uncompetitive team? Would firing the WC coach not also qualify as a drastic change? BTW I think you go a bit overboard on this whole thing with the business leaders in Lebanon and elsewhere. As much as I like girls basketball I don't think it has any great impact on the business community and I don't think the heads of Cracker Barrel, Toshiba or Dell went to the school board to have them make a change in the girls basketball program at Lebanon.

there you go again... i totally respect your knowledge of the boro schools... no matter how much family you have in wc, you are totally out of touch with the problems here... you don't think a change in the coaching staff would make a difference? just hypothetically speaking of course, and hoop20 has the better list on this than i do, how many players would we still have under a different coach? you say we have kids that can play at another level? we have better that have quit or been run off... you understand that the coach and ad are twins don't you? you expect him to admit he made a mistake hiring her? give me a break... business leaders here are struggling with their own problems... factories shutting down, lost jobs... the community has bigger problems than girls basketball... starting to wonder if the family you claim to have in wc doesn't include the twins... as for who would want the job? anyone who truly cares about kids would be happy to take these wonderful girls who have endured so much...

This is a very good post but my post considered all of what you have described and I am aware of. Yes, I know of the situation you have described. Someone has posted it on this site. All of the situations you are mentioning are correct. No, I don't even know the individuals involved and you missed my point entirely. If I were to start a business in Warren County and needed employees, some of which I had to attract from out of the County, I guarantee I would look at the Educational System and the opportunities totally it would provide. I would look at the Community and its leaders and they would be major reasons I would want to bring my business there and your business leaders know this. It along with an attractive system of roads in and out, made your County a very attractive place. Yes, you now have gotten in something I do know something about. Lost jobs, factories shutting down etc doesn't mean you stop making an attempt to keep the infrastructure up and the things that have allowed you to do a great job of competing in the past. A GREAT PART of that is to keep a high level of an Educational System and all parts of it. Does that mean providing your young people opportunities to excell in whatever they can. Yes, it absolutely means that and if it is not being done, if I were you, I would be doing the same as you. Does that mean firing your girls coach? I would ask you, what is YOUR plan? How could you get the things moving? Is it more than just a coach? If you have such a plan that would not only effect the girls basketball program but a Total Schools Program, I am sure there are people that will talk to you. Warren County has the wiil and the ability to do anything it wants? I'm not sure it has the motivation.