GlenChervin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't think Huntingdon is going to be the class of anything next year. They weren't very good last year, and that was with an All-American.

Huntingdon should do ok winning 6-8 ballgames. Huntingdon is in a cupcake region with them and Camden at the top. Is it true Huntingdon has Bruceton back on the schedule? Is Westview still on it? I assume you dropped Liberty. Somebody post the schedule so all of us "experts" can tell you how the seaon will unfold.

I don't think Huntingdon is going to be the class of anything next year. They weren't very good last year, and that was with an All-American.

They were pretty good for several years prior to last season WITHOUT ANY ALL-AMERICANS. The 2003 David Lipscomb Mustangs were a stout football team with Elrod at QB, Rogers at WR, & Robertson at RB. Huntingdon beat them as bad as they wanted to in the state title game. In 1997 & 1999 Harpeth had an All-American RB who went on to star in the SEC named Matthew Tant. Huntingdon drilled them both of those years in the playoffs. In 2004 Alcoa had an All-Star team and Huntingdon blew a 15 point second half lead in losing to them in the state title game. Since that night no team in 2A has even came close to challenging Alcoa.

I'm here to tell you now that last year is just that.....LAST YEAR!!! Huntingdon will play with a purpose this season. BET ON IT!!

I sure wouldn't bet against it. Huntington is too good of a team with too much tradition to just stop winning. Yeah they had a bad year and that was probably because they lost a little focus but last year should have focused them right back. They like winning too much over there to stop doing it. I'm looking forward to a not so great start week one for the mustangs but a great season after that...maybe untill November.