Who in AA has the best chance to challenge Liberty for the title this

Icy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Liberty easily when the title in AA? Which team will knock off the champions this year?

Well me being a Bolivar Central Tigers fan, we lost alot last year and we're rebuilding. But word has it that Booker T Washington is da team that can knock off Liberty. If this does happen, mayne this will be a good game to see if it happens.

• 1 month later...

What is this guy smoking? :lol:

I saw Liberty tonight and was really not overly impressed. They won, but this was more due to Haywood's inability to hit their shots than really anything Liberty was doing. They gave the Tomcats plenty of open looks, let them drive in on them the whole game, and didn't rebound particularly well. If Haywood had hit half the shots that bounced off the rim, they probably would have won.

It could have been a down night for Liberty though. Thoughts?

Liberty will be hard to beat. Mitchell has played the toughest AA schedule Memphis ( Hamilton and Fairley 3 times each, Ridgeway twice, Haywood Co twice, 3 tough teams from 4 teams from Ill, Bolivar and Liberty. By far Liberty is the best team we have played. Liberty has all the components for a state title. Good coaching, disclipine, defense, experience and rebounding. I do not see another team in AA that has all of these components.

I saw Liberty tonight and was really not overly impressed. They won, but this was more due to Haywood's inability to hit their shots than really anything Liberty was doing. They gave the Tomcats plenty of open looks, let them drive in on them the whole game, and didn't rebound particularly well. If Haywood had hit half the shots that bounced off the rim, they probably would have won.

They played a Oak Hill last night, and then they rode 8+ hours on a bus just to take a nap and play Haywood tonight. I think they were tired. No excuses, I'm not even a Liberty fan, but I think fatigue had to factor in.

I imagine you could substitute anybodies team name when you said had Haywood hit half the shots that bounced off the rim,they probably would have won....

No disrespect to Haywood because they had been playing well of late,but I figure that long trip back from Virginia had something to do with Liberty's performance...

As far as who can beat Liberty??...It would be someone from the west if it happened...Nobody in middle or east Tennessee will beat them....