Grace@Arts

heb12:2

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there but don't remember the final. Do you have it Heb?

Grace by 8 to 10 pts. McMasters is on a much higher level than last year and Brandon Herman will be a very special player. I was also pleased with the bench players even if Blake Jordan was out sick. This will be a very enjoyable year.

I'll ditto what you said. This will be a good year, I'm expecting big things. Going into the game, I thought CSAS was the favorite. Good team with a tough home court advantage. Then when CSAS took the lead, I thought they were going to keep it, nothing against Grace but that's a tough place to play. Grace proved that they were a strong team by coming back and putting a "W" up there.

Inital thoughts: Big man Patrick, Granger Hughes, and Brandon Herman, welcome to the family. All three of these kids are great ballplayers. I was also glad to see how deep Grace was. Alot of people thought that Grace was going to be trash since they had alot of guys on the team w/o alot of varisty experience. Anyone who watched Grace tonight saw that there wasn't anyone that played who could be classified a "liability", noobody that would ruin the game for Grace. This Grace team has as much talent as ever.

Tonight I was most impressed with #10 Granger Hughes. (Am I right on that? I was told he's #10.) That kid is a stud. When he walked on the court I thought he looked like a liability. Definitely not the case. He is a straight-up ballhander and definitely won some cool points for trying the alley-oop to Carter early in the game. Way to keep your cool @ the CSAS gym w/o turning it over. That place rattles the best of them.

Oh yeah, C-Mac was decent. His 3's and dunk were ok and 15 boards is alright I guess. He might be the go-to guy, I dunno.

Did I mention, it's great to be a Grace Golden Eagle?

Edited by Grace Golden Eagles

I was impressed with Grace's performance, but in all honesty CSAS played a very sloppy game. They turned the ball over at least 15+ times. McMasters has improved a lot over this past year. He was able to take over the game and that is why they won.

Good teams make you play sloppy. Its called "tight D"

Only if you count wild throws off the backboard as shots and not turnovers. CSAS wanted to attack C-MAC and paid.

They did try to attack Carter and it didn't work. Last year they drove to the lane for all their points and got alot. Carter has improved his low post D. It also doesn't hurt having another big man to swat shots.