Siegel vs. Riverdale

inappropriate81

3 Fouls in the first quarter????? You will NOT win with you center having 3 fouls in the first quarter. This team can win if they learn to play together, this ONE MAN SHOW will keep you in the L column. Cutter has to involve his teammates, easier said than done, but they can not be a one pass and shoot team, I would like see his assist to shot ratio?????? What makes a good point guard is his distribution of the basketball., right now Siegel is playing predictable backetball, the other team know who is going to shoot or at least attempt to score., and everybody else is standing around watching..........

In the Lavergne tourney and Wilson Central game, his assist to shot ratio was ridiculously good. You can ask d2d about this as he was creating for his teammates. I think being on the big stage in district play against a good team affected their play more than normal because the team your describing isnt the one I have seen. Plenty left to play and they have a ton of potential.

tdntn...You should go see their freshman team play, they are scary good.

Also I talked to a Riverdale student after the game and he said officiating was...bad but generalized it by saying they just didnt let them play at all, which I think hurt Montori the most. Said Siegel had 11 first quarter fouls and 17 in first half.

Edited by Harris' hooligans

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it really seemed like when siegel got some momentum in the third the refs would call somethin and we couldnt get i going, i really respect cutter for what he did tonight, but with montori on the bench there is nothing we could do rebound wise. EJ made free throws go figure. i really think after tonight that if montori stays outta foul trouble that siegel is going to be there at the end of games. they can play with any team in the district

i know yall siegel dudes think you got it figured out, but EJ is a good free throw shooter...yea last year he didnt make the shot that would have beat yall in regulation but he made the one that even gave us a shot to take the game into OT. 1/2 aint that bad to tie the game up. tonight he was 100% from the line. i myself have been pretty critical on him lately because of his 3pt shooting but he'll get that back...he was 1/2 tonight but his form still looks off. he played his role though and will be alright with time :thumb:

so i heard pico gets to play in january...eager to see him on the court, but im not so sure i like siegel having another solid contributer. but by then, if all works out as supposed to we will have joey lee back :angry:

we talk about SOLID young players, the district really hasnt been exposed to sophmores joey lee (played alot of varsity at the end of the year last year as a freshman, currently at daniel mckee) and craig nowlin (had a pretty serious broken leg back in summer, out for the year)

i know yall siegel dudes think you got it figured out, but EJ is a good free throw shooter...yea last year he didnt make the shot that would have beat yall in regulation but he made the one that even gave us a shot to take the game into OT. 1/2 aint that bad to tie the game up. tonight he was 100% from the line. i myself have been pretty critical on him lately because of his 3pt shooting but he'll get that back...he was 1/2 tonight but his form still looks off. he played his role though and will be alright with time :thumb:

so i heard pico gets to play in january...eager to see him on the court, but im not so sure i like siegel having another solid contributer. but by then, if all works out as supposed to we will have joey lee back :angry:

we talk about SOLID young players, the district really hasnt been exposed to sophmores joey lee (played alot of varsity at the end of the year last year as a freshman, currently at daniel mckee) and craig nowlin (had a pretty serious broken leg back in summer, out for the year)

ej missed the second of his first set of free throws we were all talking about it

In the Lavergne tourney and Wilson Central game, his assist to shot ratio was ridiculously good. You can ask d2d about this as he was creating for his teammates. I think being on the big stage in district play against a good team affected their play more than normal because the team your describing isnt the one I have seen. Plenty left to play and they have a ton of potential.

tdntn...You should go see their freshman team play, they are scary good.

Also I talked to a Riverdale student after the game and he said officiating was...bad but generalized it by saying they just didnt let them play at all, which I think hurt Montori the most. Said Siegel had 11 first quarter fouls and 17 in first half.

believe me, i was being biased at all. there were 3-4 bogus charges called on siegel. if you complained about no calls, im all for letting the game be physical unless its something blatent. both teams were being physical. and montori would have probably finished the game with 10 fouls if he could, its part of the position. i feel like they were warranted though. and when you have a player who fouls and gets a tech called immediately after, thats going to push the fould total up also.

i really dont want to hear it, cause we both know well it didnt play a factor into this game. and since random kids from opposing schools have so much credibility, it seemed like alot of siegel kids thought if the calls had been different they would have beat us by 10. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

believe me, i was being biased at all. there were 3-4 bogus charges called on siegel. if you complained about no calls, im all for letting the game be physical unless its something blatent. both teams were being physical. and montori would have probably finished the game with 10 fouls if he could, its part of the position. i feel like they were warranted though. and when you have a player who fouls and gets a tech called immediately after, thats going to push the fould total up also.

i really dont want to hear it, cause we both know well it didnt play a factor into this game. and since random kids from opposing schools have so much credibility, it seemed like alot of siegel kids thought if the calls had been different they would have beat us by 10. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

? Your not "hearing" anything. I had heard officiating was bad so I asked a riverdale students perspective and got the same thing. Not really using it as an excuse because I wasn't there and don't really know if it would or not. But I think we all agree that with Montori in the game, Siegel is alot better off. Just saying his foul trouble hurt Siegel. I'm 8 hours away and I can figure that out

Also saying fouls didnt affect the outcome. Just read in the dnj that Riverdale had 23 free throws in the first half. But call me crazy but that KINDA affects the outcome of the game ya know with that whole "total points" thing.

Another thing: Surprised people aren't talking about Nick Nicholas' play. He did have 17 points?

Edited by Harris' hooligans

When are the next district games and who plays who

Wingman, the next district games for both teams are.

Riverdale @ Warren County and Cookeville @ Siegel

TDNTN, will you stop with all the smilies. lol

Oh and BTW, there is absolutely no room to critize Cutter's play on this boards. You will just appear ignorant. It's hard not to take the shot when, A. you are on fire and trying to come back from a 20 point margain and B. your players seem to feed you the rock back to you after passing, or even C. When you are shooting around and over Smith (#22) you are feeming for more lol.

? Your not "hearing" anything. I had heard officiating was bad so I asked a riverdale students perspective and got the same thing. Not really using it as an excuse because I wasn't there and don't really know if it would or not. But I think we all agree that with Montori in the game, Siegel is alot better off. Just saying his foul trouble hurt Siegel. I'm 8 hours away and I can figure that out

Also saying fouls didnt affect the outcome. Just read in the dnj that Riverdale had 23 free throws in the first half. But call me crazy but that KINDA affects the outcome of the game ya know with that whole "total points" thing.

Another thing: Surprised people aren't talking about Nick Nicholas' play. He did have 17 points?

gosh dang...after 4 years of seeing your ignorant self on here i dont know why i even bothered. cant win an argument with someone like you...talkin about ME not "hearing" anything. fouling WAS part of siegels strategy, BELIEVE. coach harris knows us better than ANYBODY and he knows that free throw shooting has defined the outcome of some of our seasons recently. we were on target last night so it bit him in the but. obviously he didnt want any of his fellas to foul out, but thats how it works. riverdale was superior in every aspect besides 3pt shooting last night, THATS why we beat siegel, so sit down. drive yourself 8 hours down here and see it happen again to siegel at your place in january :lol:

i wonder how many shots Nick took this game? 28 maybe? i donno

More then you seeing how he tried out and MADE the team, something you know NOTHING about. Dont get on here and try bad mouthing players because they made the team and you didn't. I told you last year people know who you are and recognized your ignorance on coacht, you never gave yourself a shot of making siegels team with your bashing of your own schools team. Why you would transfer schools and not cheer for YOUR team and YOUR fellow classmates is beyond me, O and Tyler Cutter, the guy you tried bashing last year, dropped 28 last night and played on fire. Your REAL good at recognizing talent, Ha you prolly think your good.

Siegel[/url]Nation07' post='826291362' date='Dec 6 2006 - 09:11 AM']

More then you seeing how he tried out and MADE the team, something you know NOTHING about. Dont get on here and try bad mouthing players because they made the team and you didn't. I told you last year people know who you are and recognized your ignorance on coacht, you never gave yourself a shot of making siegels team with your bashing of your own schools team. Why you would transfer schools and not cheer for YOUR team and YOUR fellow classmates is beyond me, O and Tyler Cutter, the guy you tried bashing last year, dropped 28 last night and played on fire. Your REAL good at recognizing talent, Ha you prolly think your good.

cutter had the game of his life, im crackin up in brendas class right now

Edited by inappropriate81

Siegel[/url]Nation07' post='826291362' date='Dec 6 2006 - 09:11 AM']

Wow, what a post!

I didn't know ole TJ tried out and FAILED in making th team.. that must really hurt his heart.

Oh well, Nick hit some great floaters last night night and even recorded a blocked shot I think.

Anyone up for a Ban TJ from CoachT thread? :lol: