Mt. Juliet vs. Lexington Catholic

FieldGoal

Does anyone have a score for the Mt. Juliet - Lexington Catholic game in the Marshall County (KY) Hoop Fest? As of this post, the game should be close to ending. It will be interesting to see how the Lady Bears stack up against the #4 team in the country (USA Today). And for those of you who attended the game, be sure to give us your "take."

BTW, Riverdale is also in the Hoop Fest. They're playing Graves Co. (KY) at 11:00 today.

Does anyone have a score for the Mt. Juliet - Lexington Catholic game in the Marshall County (KY) Hoop Fest? As of this post, the game should be close to ending. It will be interesting to see how the Lady Bears stack up against the #4 team in the country (USA Today). And for those of you who attended the game, be sure to give us your "take."

BTW, Riverdale is also in the Hoop Fest. They're playing Graves Co. (KY) at 11:00 today.

The Marshall County Hoopfest website lists the game as starting at 10:30, not sure if Paducah is CST or EST...

Just got the stats off tennessean.com. Looks like Lexington Catholic took away the inside game of the Bears with Nixon scoring 6, Miller 4 and Gleaves 2. Rebecca Sharp and K.C. Van Atta both contributed 15 each, but it was Taylor Hall's day to shine. She contributed 26!

I'm thrilled the Bears hung in there with one of the most storied basketball programs in Kentucky!

MtJ trailed most of the game. Made a run late, was up with two minutes to play. Turn overs and missed shots didn't help at the end. I'm sure three girls fouled out for MtJ, I think none for LC. It was one of those games where the officials, at the buzzer, sprint for the locker room like they had stolen something. I think they called a pretty good game. When your playing out of state you just don't get the close calls. Hall stepped up with a very good game. The little blond point guard also played well and hit a long three late. The young post player off the bench had a good game. LC is a very good team with more than one D-1 type player.

Edited by wbbwatcher

MtJ trailed most of the game. May a run late, was up with two minutes to play. Turn overs and missed shots didn't help at the end. I'm sure three girls fouled out for MtJ, I think none for LC. It was one of those games where the officials, at the buzzer, sprint for the locker room like they had stolen something. I think they called a pretty good game. When your playing out of state you just don't get the close calls. Hall stepped up with a very good game. The little blond point guard also played well and hit a long three late. The young post player off the bench had a good game. LC is a very good team with more than one D-1 type player.

Out of state and can't get a call? How about in our own gym last year we couldn't get a close call. Last year an official called a blocking foul on one of my girls at half court with 3 seconds on the clock after we had just tied the game to take it to overtime. The funny thing is, nobody was around the girl close enough to foul her. Last night eventhough we were up big, the ball was obviously knocked out by the opposing team and the official gave it to them and I was like hey she knocked that out. EVERY one saw that the girl knocked it out and he said to me, look at the score you will be ok. I said What???? and looked at the official book keeper and she was even shocked that they got the ball. I don't care what the score is, if you will give up that when it's a big lead, you will surely give it up when it's not.

Oops, that was off topic. Great job MtJ. Way to represent TN hoops! I'm sure you will seal the deal next time.