cherokee vs. greeneville.

MObuck_021

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that there are at least 100 teams in Tennessee that would be 6-0 with the teams you guys have played.

Its funny cause if i do recall correctly we beat alot of top ranked teams in north east tennessee hmmm, its funny how being stereotyped cherokee that we automatically are a bunch of sucky hillbillies who will never be good enough to claim any respect in any conferences hopefully this year we can change the way that cherokee is looked upon by everyone else in tennessee and demand the respect that i think we deserve :thumb:

Its funny cause if i do recall correctly we beat alot of top ranked teams in north east tennessee hmmm, its funny how being stereotyped cherokee that we automatically are a bunch of sucky hillbillies who will never be good enough to claim any respect in any conferences hopefully this year we can change the way that cherokee is looked upon by everyone else in tennessee and demand the respect that i think we deserve :thumb:

Are you talking about teams that you have beaten this year? If so, who do you consider "top ranked"

Well let's define tpo ranked shal we? The highest rated team by a poll of coaches or media outlets right? Well Cherokee has beaten the number 1,2,3 teams in the watagua so... Yeah we AS A TEAM know were not ready to take on the Mavericks of Dallas but we are proud of the best start of a Cherokee team in its history. IS THAT WRONG?

Wautauga? Kinda AA isn't it? I will allow Sullivan East since it is currently ranked #3 in the Big 9...at least that is in the region. C'mon Snowbaby, you seem like a bright young man, don't go south on me now.Beating Betsy, West Greene, and Unicoi isn't exactly setting the world on fire. MoWest wasn't even by your own admission, a good win. I think maybe your grip on reality is a tad bit better than Cruel, who thinks you can CLAIM or DEMAND respect. At least you know that it will take some big games against big teams to EARN respect. The rest of your schedule is tough. However, I think if you all played a tougher Thanksgiving tourney you would be better prepared.

Unicoi isn't a bad team so that is a good win and what about Madison NC thay are single A. Land Air had some pretty weak squads that where A and AA teams as well. I give you Bradley Central, Bearden but who else. Greeneville has a good but not great squad, take away Wiggins and it it mediocre. but then again nobody in this end of the state is world beaters.

Unicoi isn't a bad team so that is a good win and what about Madison NC thay are single A. Land Air had some pretty weak squads that where A and AA teams as well. I give you Bradley Central, Bearden but who else. Greeneville has a good but not great squad, take away Wiggins and it it mediocre. but then again nobody in this end of the state is world beaters.

I hope you post wasn't comparing a win against Unicoi to a win against Bearden... or Bradley Central.

And, fortunately, Wiggins is part of the equation and he makes everybody play better...lucky us

Edited by barb

What are your predictions for this game? So far cherokee has won the hardees, and haven't lost a game. I think cherokees tenacious defense will pose a problem, but I don't know if it'll win the game for them. If Brian David Snow can come out and continue to play as he has offensively, and brian milan has a good game all around, I could see an upset. It's too bad I won't be able to make it, I'll be gone for a few weeks on a business trip.

I'm Pulling for the upset:

Cherokee: 60

Greeneville: 58

Greenville will not lose a district game. They are too talented and well coached.

Greenville will not lose a district game. They are too talented and well coached.

Thanks for pointing out that whole coaching thing. Duncan seems to get a basket of what everybody assumes to be lemons every year (except Wiggins of course) and always manages to make lemonade. (nice grandmotherly analogy just for you Snowbaby)