WB freshman team

Da_Governator

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone care to tell me how they will be and who the good players are.

In two words ... they are "real good." 3 & 0 going into tonight's game vs Lenoir City. Impressive come from behind wins versus Maryville (down by 20 in third quarter) and Clinton (down by 8 at halftime) and a strong win over South Doyle.

Led by Micah Ballard. He's also playing varsity. Best freshman in Blount County and one of the best in state.

other starters:

Dylan Keith - post -- not real big but plays strong. Second leading scorer behind Ballard.

Tyler McGraw -- post - very athletic ... great defender.

Zach Seivers --wing-- incredibly improved since 8th grade year -- hit two big 3's versus Maryville in second half ... very smart player.

Tyler Stinnett--point--great ball handler...great floor vision ... hit 3 at buzzer against Clinton for the WB win.

Ty McBrayer--Chad Walker--Jeremy Snyder will all see the floor alot and could start at times as well. Lots of depth. Ty is quick as a cat and hard to defend one on one; Chad is still learning but has great potential as post ... incredible athletic ability; Jeremy--when he's on is as good of shooter as anyone on the team, his two 3's in first half against Clinton kept the game close.

Team has great chemistry and great coach. The only weakness is lack of size. Maryville and Clinton both hurt them inside. We need us a tall guy or two !!!

I don't doubt that Micah Ballard is good. I will say that based on what I saw, Lenoir City had at least 3 players that were as good if not better than him. Lenoir City, playing short handed beat William Blount tonight 76-52. They beat them in every aspect of the game. Tyler Hood, Tyler Thomas, and Caleb Mabry didn't even play. All of which are capable of starting. At times Lenoir City had three guards on the floor that are all smaller than 5'3 and they ran circles around the Govs. Coach Baumann really should be careful what he says about his opposition. I heard him make reference to how small the Panthers were on more than one occasion. Calling them "runts"...I'm glad Lenoir City has a coaching staff that treats their players and the opposition with respect.

William Blount shouldn't feel bad though. That is the closest game Lenoir City has had this year. They have beaten Oak Ridge, Loudon, Catholic, Karns and Farragut by an average margin of 30 points per game. They are averaging around 80.

I don't doubt that Micah Ballard is good. I will say that based on what I saw, Lenoir City had at least 3 players that were as good if not better than him. Lenoir City, playing short handed beat William Blount tonight 76-52. They beat them in every aspect of the game. Tyler Hood, Tyler Thomas, and Caleb Mabry didn't even play. All of which are capable of starting. At times Lenoir City had three guards on the floor that are all smaller than 5'3 and they ran circles around the Govs. Coach Baumann really should be careful what he says about his opposition. I heard him make reference to how small the Panthers were on more than one occasion. Calling them "runts"...I'm glad Lenoir City has a coaching staff that treats their players and the opposition with respect.

William Blount shouldn't feel bad though. That is the closest game Lenoir City has had this year. They have beaten Oak Ridge, Loudon, Catholic, Karns and Farragut by an average margin of 30 points per game. They are averaging around 80.

#1-Great game by Lenoir City, they were tough.

#2-Micah played about 5-8 minutes ... he was running a 101 temperature and he was throwing up most of the second half. When he's healthy, he's as good as anyone you mentioned including Hood.

#3-Coach Baumann was not even at the game. Not sure when you heard him refer to your players as runts.

#4-The future really looks bright for Lenoir City basketball. Great players ... play well together ... work hard.

Sorry about the Baumann comment. I was under the impression that the freshmen coach was also named Baumann. I thought they were brothers. As for Ballard only playing 5-8 minutes that is not true. He played 5-8 minutes in the first quarter. No, he is not as good as Hood. Not even close really. Hood is averaging 7 pts, 7bds, and 3 blocks while shooting 55% from the floor in varsity games this year. The Powers kid took the ball away from him 3 times in the first half alone. I know Micah is a great player, but in my opinion, Powers is better, Hood is better, Moore is better and Park is as good or better. That's not even including the post named Titlow that scored 22 last night or the other post that is serving a 2 game suspension for getting into a scuffle with Catholic. Lenoir City freshmen basketball is for real this year and hopefully it will be the foundation for the future.

I'm not saying that this group of freshmen will dominate this league because they are small, but they could be something really special if they continue working as hard as the coaches say they do.

Sorry about the Baumann comment. I was under the impression that the freshmen coach was also named Baumann. I thought they were brothers. As for Ballard only playing 5-8 minutes that is not true. He played 5-8 minutes in the first quarter. No, he is not as good as Hood. Not even close really. Hood is averaging 7 pts, 7bds, and 3 blocks while shooting 55% from the floor in varsity games this year. The Powers kid took the ball away from him 3 times in the first half alone. I know Micah is a great player, but in my opinion, Powers is better, Hood is better, Moore is better and Park is as good or better. That's not even including the post named Titlow that scored 22 last night or the other post that is serving a 2 game suspension for getting into a scuffle with Catholic. Lenoir City freshmen basketball is for real this year and hopefully it will be the foundation for the future.

I'm not saying that this group of freshmen will dominate this league because they are small, but they could be something really special if they continue working as hard as the coaches say they do.

Great LC freshman team and you're certainly entitled to your opinions as we all are. I'm glad you're such a strong supporter of your team. Micah was sick last night and was not near 100%. You'all will get to see him and the WB freshmen team again on January 22. I'll reserve my judgement until then. If you all do have 4 or 5 people better than Micah, then we don't have a chance. He's definitely our best player. If Micah is able to play, you might even get to see a little of him tonight at the varsity game ... he's no where near as good as the majority of your freshman team, but he plays a little varsity for WB as well.

By the way, I'm printing out your post's to take to Coach Balcomb and to Micah. Thanks, good luck to a great group of players.

When you print them and hand them to him, ask him about calling the LC boys runts and during one of his many tantrums in a time out how he can make a statement such as "they are this fn tall" as he held his hand up to his waist.

I also would like to say that I think Micah Ballard is a great player and from what I have heard an even better person. If he was sick, he was sick and that would explain why last night LC had 3-4 players that to this observer were better. As you stated I am entitled to my own opinion.

As for the varsity game tonight. Best of luck to both teams. It should be a solid matchup with either team being able to get the win.

When you print them and hand them to him, ask him about calling the LC boys runts and during one of his many tantrums in a time out how he can make a statement such as "they are this fn tall" as he held his hand up to his waist.

I also would like to say that I think Micah Ballard is a great player and from what I have heard an even better person. If he was sick, he was sick and that would explain why last night LC had 3-4 players that to this observer were better. As you stated I am entitled to my own opinion.

As for the varsity game tonight. Best of luck to both teams. It should be a solid matchup with either team being able to get the win.

Coach Baucomb is a strong Christian young man who works with the youth in his church. He is zealous on the b-ball court, but would never use the "f" word in the huddle. My son plays and has never heard Coach Baucomb use a curse word in practice or in a game. I'd be sure I had really, really good information before I spread that on this board.

My son also never heard him refer to the Lenoir City players as runts and he was on the floor or on the bench all night. Did YOU hear him say "fn" or hear him call the LC players "runts"? Or are you repeating something you heard from someone else? I WILL ask him about it tonight.

I'll be at the varsity game tonight. Tall, dark headed, goatee, blue long-sleeved t-shirt. Come talk to me if you wish. I'll introduce you to Coach Balcomb, so you can meet the person you're "throwing stones at" here on the board.