BJ Marshall-3pts

B.Easley-0pts

A.Coby-DNP

Peabody Scoring....

Whitby-18pts

Myers-17pts

Vaughn-13pts

Union City now leads the series 70-26 and have won 12 in a row vs Peabody

As the first half of the season winds down,in particular the district portion,I think we have found out there is a huge difference in first and fourth place in this district..Union City has played three teams with a shot at that coveted fourth place spot..UC has beaten the preseason favorite to place third,the Halls Tigers 89-49...Then Dresden was being mentioned as a possibility and they were dispatched by the Tornadoes 119-79..Union City beat a 6-3 Trenton Peabody team tonite 103-69..Two of those games,Halls & Peabody,on the road.....Union City heads on to Nashville to play in The Battle for the State Tournament with a game against Ensworth on Thursday......The only blemish really so far is the injury to Andre Coby...He went to the doctor today and the swelling was still too bad to perform a MRI...He is in a brace and I believe will visit the doctor again next Tuesday..Hopefully it is just a sprain and not an ACL injury.....Prayers go out to Andre and hope for a quick return.....

I just finished listening to Ensworth play Springfield...Ensworth had beaten Springfield earlier in the year(their only win of the year)...Springfield beat them tonite by 12 points...Springfield led the entire game and had as much as a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter...Ensworth cut that lead to 6 on some nice shooting...Springfield tried to sit on the lead somewhat and run clock,but it almost backfired(why I constantly keep harping on UC keeping the pedal to the metal on teams..you just never know)...Ensworth was VERY uncomfortable with Springfield's press...Ensworth has some athletic kids,but they are young...I hate playing teams that are supposed to be very talented and haven't lived up to their billing..You never know when a team will come together and play their game....UC sometimes has trouble shooting in these arenas with a big backdrop and struggle with their shooting early..If they get a number of steals and easy lay-ups early,they will settle down and settle in.....I foresee a long nite ahead for Ensworth on Thursday....

From what I hear from the people who watched the game , our 7th & 8th grade team could have beaten Gleason and they wouldn't have allowed that. So why even dress out the freshman.

I agree the score was hard to beleive and I also feel sorry for the Gleason boys BUT, do you tell kids which doesn't play as much as others to lay down and play pass ? If you look @ the box score the 3 kids who normally do not play as much scored in double figures. These kids work hard in practice as much as the Gleason players so why cut them short ?

Like backinthaoc said, Union City did what they could to cut the score down. If they had wanted to, Gleason may not have even scored 10 points and UNion City 150 points or more.

Even @ my place or work we could have put up a good effort and playedthem tough from what I hear. Maybe, Gleason needs to change direction in their boys program looking for a major change. I know if I was @ that school I would look into that.

Another point, Everyone Gleason has played that Union City had played so far ( Lake Co. Only ), Gleason played the others much closer.

Lake Co. 56

Gleason 31

Union City beat Lake Co. by 9 but the game was much funther than that @ one point. Wait Until they play Humboldt, they might beat Gleason as bad or worse.

I looked @ all of the Gleason scores from this year and they were in many of the games they have played loosing some by 3 or 4 points.

Look, UNION CITY is that good and when your good your good.

What are you trying to say..Lake Co didn't hardly even play any of their starters against Gleason..And the comment about Union City was ahead by much further against Lake Co..What does that mean?Lake Co outplayed U.C. in the 2nd half with two starters having 4 fouls on them in the first half..so don't act like U.C. pulled their starters..If you want to make the comment about U.C. being much further ahead..I will also remind you that U.C. won on the scoreboard by 9 points..but it was a 4 point game with 40 seconds left..And Lake Co had to start fouling and M.J. Brown made 4 or 5 free throws at the end to make it a 9 point game..As far as I'm concerned Lake Co was about 4 points away from winning..Not 9..So don't come on here and act like U.C. was blowing Lake co out by 17 points and Lake Co closed the gap to 9..U.C. was hanging on just to win and with Lake Co having two starters out and on U.C.'s home floor wasn't too bad.. Yes..Union City is good..but Lake Co is the only team to play them in Single digits and the game was closer than 9. So..you can come on here and make everyone think that Union City blew Lake Co out ..but it was actually closer than the 9 points U.C. won by..and it would take an idiot to think otherwise..So..I'm wondering about you!

Edited by mrbigster

What are you trying to say..Lake Co didn't hardly even play any of their starters against Gleason..And the comment about Union City was ahead by much further against Lake Co..What does that mean?Lake Co outplayed U.C. in the 2nd half with two starters having 4 fouls on them in the first half..so don't act like U.C. pulled their starters..If you want to make the comment about U.C. being much further ahead..I will also remind you that U.C. won on the scoreboard by 9 points..but it was a 4 point game with 40 seconds left..And Lake Co had to start fouling and M.J. Brown made 4 or 5 free throws at the end to make it a 9 point game..As far as I'm concerned Lake Co was about 4 points away from winning..Not 9..So don't come on here and act like U.C. was blowing Lake co out by 17 points and Lake Co closed the gap to 9..U.C. was hanging on just to win and with Lake Co having two starters out and on U.C.'s home floor wasn't too bad.. Yes..Union City is good..but Lake Co is the only team to play them in Single digits and the game was closer than 9. So..you can come on here and make everyone think that Union City blew Lake Co out ..but it was actually closer than the 9 points U.C. won by..and it would take an idiot to think otherwise..So..I'm wondering about you!

Hey now don't be hatin' on my boy. No UC didnt blow out Lake County...but they beat them by nine. The score with forty seconds left doesnt matter. The final score does! The score goes down in history as a 9 point win...not 4!!

Hey now don't be hatin' on my boy. No UC didnt blow out Lake County...but they beat them by nine. The score with forty seconds left doesnt matter. The final score does! The score goes down in history as a 9 point win...not 4!!

you're right..It was 9..But i didn't like what he was hinting at..that U.C. was up a lot further than that ..So what did that mean..Lake Co outplayed U.C. in the second half to close the gap..I said the final score was 9 but if he was trying to twist something around I would do the same thing...And just because Lake Co didn't beat Gleason by 60 points..So..they probably won't beat South Fulton by that margin either..even if they could..because Whitby will probably play a lot of freshmen or subs..So..I don't know what he was getting at there either...It just seemed like by his comment..U.C. was further ahead ..as if U.C. has beaten everyone so bad..that they let Lake Co back in the game..So..we got beat by 9..Yes we did...And it doesn't matter how bad we was further behind..as did it again worded it..there's 4 quarters to play..U.C. owned the first half..Lake Co owned the 2nd half..But U.C. did what counted..As for hatin,he was starting to sound a little like Johnny Utah..A little off the wall!