3. Oak Ridge

4. Powell

5. Science Hill

6. Bearden

7. Farragut

8. Maryville

9. Austin-East

10. Knoxville Halls

I think Pigeon Forge deserves a little credit and how could you put AE before Fulton?

Heres mine

1.Greenville

2.Bradley Central

3.Fulton

4.Pigeon Forge

5.Alcoa

6.Bearden

7.Farragut

8. Gatlinburg Pittman

9.Halls

10.Gibbs

As soon as Maryville gets Douglas, Maples, and Hunt rounded back into basketball shape, they move up into the top 3 or 4, in my opinion.

New Coach Eldridge inherited a gold mine. He has all the pieces in place for a team that could make a bid for Murfreesboro.

Oak Ridge is the best I've seen yet this season, but that is a very limited perspective ... haven't got to see a lot of this top 10 list play.

I'm not sure if they are top 10 material yet, but Lenoir City has a nice team this year. Great point guard, good shooters, great defensive team. They'll surprise some people I think.

How can anyone not have Oak Ridge in their Top 10??? They probably are the second best team in East Tennessee behind Greeneville. Here's my list.

1. Greeneville

2. Oak Ridge

3. Maryville(with Douglas and Maples)

4. Bradley Cental

5. Pigeon Forge

6. Science Hill

7. Farragut

8. Bearden

9. Powell

10. Austin East

Photoguy, Gibbs should not be in the Top 25 teams in East Tennessee. They got beat 103-67 by Fulton last night.

Also, can't put Knoxville Halls in there either. They had to beat a somewhat weak Karns team on a buzzer-beater last night.

It is difficult still to rank teams that don't have a lot of common opponents. But here is a shot:

1. Oak Ridge - Athletic and play great defense

2. Greenville - Performed well over Thanksgiving

3. Bradley Central - Team has good size and probable the best scorer in ET.

4. Farragut - Still unbeated and very deep - Firday game with Bearden

5. Fulton - Playing great ball and they have beaten Maryville.

6. Science Hill - Concerned with a close game against Lenior City

7. Powell

8. Bearden

9. Austin East

10. Maryville - Should improve once FB players are in BBall shape.

How can anyone not have Oak Ridge in their Top 10??? They probably are the second best team in East Tennessee behind Greeneville. Here's my list.

1. Greeneville

2. Oak Ridge

4. Bradley Cental

5. Pigeon Forge

6. Science Hill

7. Farragut

8. Bearden

9. Powell

10. Austin East

Photoguy, Gibbs should not be in the Top 25 teams in East Tennessee. They got beat 103-67 by Fulton last night.

Also, can't put Knoxville Halls in there either. They had to beat a somewhat weak Karns team on a buzzer-beater last night.

It is difficult still to rank teams that don't have a lot of common opponents. But here is a shot:

1. Oak Ridge - Athletic and play great defense

2. Greenville - Performed well over Thanksgiving

3. Bradley Central - Team has good size and probable the best scorer in ET.

4. Farragut - Still unbeated and very deep - Firday game with Bearden

5. Fulton - Playing great ball and they have beaten Maryville.

6. Science Hill - Concerned with a close game against Lenior City

7. Powell

8. Bearden

9. Austin East

10. Maryville - Should improve once FB players are in BBall shape.

If this is impacted by teams with common opponents then I would have to put Greeneville over Oak Ridge based on the win over Bradley Central

the win over Bradley Central.

QUOTE(BBallFan31 @ Dec 6 2006 - 11:44 AM)

1. Greeneville

2. Oak Ridge

4. Bradley Cental

5. Pigeon Forge

6. Science Hill

7. Farragut

8. Bearden

9. Powell

10. Austin East

I agree with you about gibbs they really arent in the top 25. To be honest I dont think Austin East is in the top ten after watching them play. And halls might of had a close game but it was against their rival and everyone plays bad. I really believe the rest of the top ten you have.

I'll agree with you about AE. But they always seem to get it together when tournament time rolls around, and in the region they play in, they should be able to get to the Sub-state, because the other district in their region is weak this year.

doesnt the other district have catholic, loudon, and anderson county? loudon is returning the same group of kids from last year that knocked fulton out of the post season, anderson county is returning all but 1 and just knocked of alcoa, and catholic and their system are always tough to beat. im not saying that any of the above mentioned teams are worthy of a top 10 ranking, but i do not think that AE has the cake walk that you suggest.

Edited by jimmy dolan