2007 marion county warriors

mchs51

It will very interesting to see what happens to Marion next season. Yes, they only lost 5 seniors, and hopefully we will add some talent, especially to the line, as that's where most of the seniors were. They are setting themself up for a brutal schedule, especially if Gordonsville is scheduled, I was definitely there for that beating they showed at South Pittsburg, and I'm pretty sure that quarterback was just a junior. He is definitely a great talent. Marion will be improved, one reason they were in a mix last season, was because the coach didn't have the full summer to work with them, and tried to change the offense. Very quickly, they went back to the spread offense that Coach Pruitt put in. Just give them time, next year should be promising, but with a tough schedule, it's just gonna be up to the conditioning, and the heart of the boys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion will not play Gordonsville.

Marion's coach called G-ville's coach and said that they didn't want to play.

G-ville will be playing Cheatham County.

Just to straighten things out some. It is true Marion will not be traveling to Gordonsville in the upcoming season. However, things happened quite a bit differently than what was explained by croz. I am not going to get into what happened because it does no good to carry on about it. The players and parents in our program will know the basics of the situation soon enough. I sincerely apologize to all those in Gordonsville as well as all those in Marion County.

Just to straighten things out some. It is true Marion will not be traveling to Gordonsville in the upcoming season. However, things happened quite a bit differently than what was explained by croz. I am not going to get into what happened because it does no good to carry on about it. The players and parents in our program will know the basics of the situation soon enough. I sincerely apologize to all those in Gordonsville as well as all those in Marion County.

I just posted how I heard it.

I heard ya'll called and cancelled.

I could've heard wrong, it won't be the first time.

Any more details would be appreciated, like, who actually cancelled.

I just posted how I heard it.

I heard ya'll called and cancelled.

I could've heard wrong, it won't be the first time.

Any more details would be appreciated, like, who actually cancelled.

It became a messy situation but it was completely done by Marion. Thats truly all that I can say about the situation. I wish the best of luck to Gordonsville through the off-season and into next year.

skeeredsticker.gif

JSC%200105%20Chicken%2001.JPG

Old Pirate says that-a-boy. :) It is not good for a young coach with a struggling team to get beat by too many teams in a lower classification. Jasper does NOT want NONE__________ of GV next year,they will be tough and easily a top 5 selection to win it all in 1A.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate and ZonePirate, and any other SP fans who may want to chime in, you really don't want to start a "Who's afraid" war of words with any team. Remember the infamous "We're not coming" message the SP Coach sent to North Jackson a few years back. What ever the reason MC decided not to schedule Gordonsville, the coach didn't wait until game time, after tickets and advertising money had been spent, and concessions bought, before calling and cancelling. Gordonsville won't be filing any lawsuits over lost funds against MC. The memory is still fresh down this way; I hear it every time SP football is mentioned in Jackson County. Now THAT was a situation truly worthy of your picture, ZP.

Old Pirate says being afraid had NOTHING to do with that SCRIMMAGE GAME. Advertizing? WHO in their right mind sells tickets for SPRING scrimmages and advertises these games. No. Jackson is not desperate for funding. FACTS: No law suit and NOT game time when conciled. NJ folks think all the boys north are afraid of them. Jasper quit playing them under coach Colquette due to their ethics,NEVER to play again. Hick, being careful not making your schedule is not dump. EVERY team should attempt not to make the schedule unrealistic.

Old Pirate says nohope should NOT leasen to much to the folks down their. Old Pirate would quess in a overall total, the boys from Tn (sp & jasper) would hold an advantage with win percentage. Sometimes best efforts fail,Old Pirate has not heard of the warriors attempting to resume any games with NJ. Most informed people know why and it is NOT about being afraid!

Old Pirate and ZonePirate, and any other SP fans who may want to chime in, you really don't want to start a "Who's afraid" war of words with any team. Remember the infamous "We're not coming" message the SP Coach sent to North Jackson a few years back. What ever the reason MC decided not to schedule Gordonsville, the coach didn't wait until game time, after tickets and advertising money had been spent, and concessions bought, before calling and cancelling. Gordonsville won't be filing any lawsuits over lost funds against MC. The memory is still fresh down this way; I hear it every time SP football is mentioned in Jackson County. Now THAT was a situation truly worthy of your picture, ZP.

Old Pirate is wondering about the quote: The memory is still fresh down this way: I hear it every time SP football is mentioned in Jackson County.

WHAT"S UP WITH THIS? Is nohope a Ala resident? and does he have a son playing for jasper? Just curious, your post appears somewhat bias as regards to SP vs NJ ? MAYBE nohope should send his (if) son to NJ. Old Pirate suggests be carefull about what you listen to down there it has obviously corrupted your thinking.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

ZonePirate, you really need to delete that post. Why don't you wait until you have some facts before you post inflamatory junk like that? Delete yours, and I'll delete mine before too much more gets said.

Easy man. Sorry you took it so hard but it was just a joke <_< (I did add some :lol: ). Now you can get a "chicken" tee shirt for this year since you took the "Fence Jumper" and ran with that. MarionCoach's explanation was pretty vague and it left the whole thing wide open for speculation. I'm sure he has a good explanation even though he is not saying what it is. He should have posted the facts or said nothing at all. Do you know what really happened???? Maybe he is SKEERD after all hysterical.gif

Edited by zonepirate

Difference is I know what happen at NJ and in this case MarionCoach ain't saying for whatever reason. I'm sure he has a good reason. I actually am pretty proud of my joke pics and if they apply to us too then that's cool too. A 1A school being SKEERD of a 4A school is understandable (even you guys won't play them any more)....a 2A school being SKEERD of a 1A school...well ...folks may look at that a little differently. :lol:

At NJ it was only a pre-season scrimmage and NJ was treating it like a playoff game. Pretty crazy if you ask me. Our coaches only wanted to be on the field to make corrections like they do in all pre-season scrimmages and NJ would have nothing to do with it. All they had to say was it's cool to teach during the scrimmage and there would have been a scrimmage as planned. <_< I'm not aware of any lawsuits over that cancelled scrimmage. NJ would have looked pretty silly if they did that. Anyway who sells tickets and advertises a preseason scrimmage? B)

Edited by zonepirate

Really. That "scrimmage" game you minimize was being viewed by both programs with the same anticipation as next years Tyner/SP, BB/SP matchups. The NJ coach was intending to put a well deserved thrashing on the Pirates, and Vic knew it; more importantly, he knew there was nothing he could do to stop it. No Wait, yes there was. He could call and refuse to come, which he did, at the last minute. The excuse of not being able to coach on field during the scrimmage is hogwash, and you know it. The NJ coaches preferred a real, game type scrimmage (I suppose they wanted the thrashing to be legit). Vic's Orange and Black colors turned bright yellow that day, you know, like this :unsure:

Having said all that, let me add this. Both Boyd Buc and Tyner will beat the Pirates next year, and the year after. The Boyd games MAY be close; if so, Vic might renew the series. Tyner will kill the Pirates; it won't resemble a contest. Vic WILL NOT renew this series.

I'll just leave the NJ deal at this...we see things differently and don't agree :lol:

So back to the point. I'm sure you know by now, why did Jasper cancel Gordonsville???

Boyd and Tyner may beat us and again they may not. But the Jasper will probably get beat by both also and unfortunately Jasper can't cancel them. Vic might cancel Tyner and Boyd after 2 years but I don't think he does and here's why-

1 $$$$$$$ ...both are big money games...win or lose you need cash to improve your program and since Boyd and Tyner will be big $$$$ games I see them being around awhile. Who else would we pick up that could generate the money those 2 games will????

2 The soft region we are in has hurt us in the playoffs. Since we have only 3 non-region games and we all know SP needs to play as many good non-region teams as possible to get better. That's why we have kept Boyd and dropped Bledsoe for Tyner on the schedule. Since we intend on competing in the playoffs every year I expect we will be playing Boyd and Tyner quality teams every year unless our region greatly improves.

BTW, we are hoping Jasper gets better too since we don't need another muffin.GIF on our schedule hysterical.gif

Edited by zonepirate