TSSAA outlawing summer 7 on 7 camps

Charger1456

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA is discussing major rule changes, most of which negativly affect football. This is one of them, they will not allow teams to do any practicing ie 7 on 7 passing, but move pract up to July 15th. Sometimes those TSSAA guys make no sense. Go to their web site for a complete listing of the new rules

The TSSAA is discussing major rule changes, most of which negativly affect football. This is one of them, they will not allow teams to do any practicing ie 7 on 7 passing, but move pract up to July 15th. Sometimes those TSSAA guys make no sense. Go to their web site for a complete listing of the new rules

Every state I know of allows 7-on-7 football and for skill players it has become essential! It is great conditioning! This is stupid if it is true.

Where on the TSSAA web site ?

I don't think it is on TSSAA's web-site. Baseball is going to be far more affected than football. Radical changes being considered. No Open Facility. Limited participation in summer ball (50/50 type of rule).

In baseball, it is almost like the folks who don't have indoor practice facilities are trying to pull the folks who do back to them instead of working as hard to get one...

They are meeting today, Sports calendar debate just warming up

Item #5...

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Every state I know of allows 7-on-7 football and for skill players it has become essential! It is great conditioning! This is stupid if it is true.

Agreed. These camps are great ways to keep guys involved in football, keep some conditioning, and improve the skills. Makes no sense for them to even mess with it.

Basketball will also be affected by not open facilities and the 50% participation rule for AAU or summer ball.

These new rules changes were posted on every thread on CoachT several months ago but not too many people were interested at the time. Now it's too late. The meetings are in progress and these rules will most likely be ratified.

Some of us have been following this closely since we first got wind of it....

But not enough of us I am afraid...