Balor School for Boys and Girls loses one to The McCallie school for b

bear cat brown

After all this discussion, no one's come up with an explanation for how an 8th grader, who attended more than three practices at Baylor this season and has an "athletic record" from last season, can be eilgible to wrestle for McCallie this season. If someone knows the answer, please enlighten me, because I don't get it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you suggesting McCallie should have turned down TJ's application? Or, are you just angling the discussion? Are threads archived from a year ago? I'd like to read over that topic. I'm interested in positions that contrast academic recruitment and athletic recruitment, and how they feel one is different than another.

Loosierdad - That's right, I chose to make it public. If Mr Duncan chooses to make his thoughts public, then so be it. These folks speculating on their parenting capabilities based on switching school is inappropriate.

Do you feel better hiding behind that screen name taking repeated shots at me? You've shown that anything coming from you would definately be in the back.

I get a real kick out of Wrestle90's pitch where the benevolent blue only what to help the young lad pursue his "dream", but no mention of their existing 112 lber's dream who was a tornado youth wrestler and a paying blue wrestler for 4 years now. That family has been loyal blue for years. Where's AllSaints on this angle of the topic as I recall his strongly worded post from last season concerning these fine prep schools funding athletes to replace the paying customers in the starting lineup?

You know, I'm not in this to make McCallie sound like a wonderful accepting enviornment as your accusation expresses. I actually complimented Baylor for not persuing the issue because they are hopefully thinking of what is best for the boy. So enough of this finger pointing of yours. Also you get on here and talk about things you have no clue about. Do you know anything about what is now happening with McCallie's prior 112? No I don't think you do. McCallie is rebuilding this year after losing alot last year. They have holes to fill and places where wrestlers are needed. The 112lber is not getting the short end of the deal here. He will simply move up a weight where he is needed. McCallie has several injured in those lower weights right now. Know what you speak of before you throw out accusations and presumptions.

Let me ask a question. If the kid just transferred, a week or two before exams, how is McCallie going to grade his academic performance? If a kid and his parents really want what is best for the kid, isn't it better to finish the academic semester (school is kinda important most people think) before transferring. What am I missing?

Edited by Chattcity

Let me ask a question. If the kid just transferred, a week or two before exams, how is McCallie going to grade his academic performance? If a kid and his parents really want what is best for the kid, isn't it better to finish the academic semester (school is kinda important most people think) before transferring. What am I missing?

What do academics have to do with wrestling?