Balor School for Boys and Girls loses one to The McCallie school for b

bear cat brown

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave me and mine out of this thread as we have nothing to do with it.

I will certainly leave you & yours alone on this thread, but may I suggest that it was probably a VERY good choice to go D2 instead of D1 in order to go after such an all-time record possibility, i.e., 5x's. Unfortunately, you may have another one of those less than average Left side wrestlers to contend with, again... Could it be a ...Baucke?

If your boy gets by that litt'l obstacle, my goodness... it appears he'll be going into highschool with the 1st of 5 golds next year, and loads of confidence for sure. Wow!!!! Now, that's braggin' rights, my friend. Something no one has done yet, if they even had the option to entertain such a dream; considering most 8th graders are not elligible anyway - based on TSSAA rules.

All I can say is seize the moment!! Seriously!! This is America :lol:

NOW... (regarding some of your digs on who's the best coach- which still eats at me),,, Steve Henry is everything and all about that big victory last week - not a volunteer or an assistant that you throw out there ahead of him on some of these threads, although Steve has a great support cast and great talent following his lead, they will respect and not undermine him,,, just like GC and what he did last year, only one week after the butt kicking they got from the very best dual team in the state - in front of their own home crowd. Now these are the things that shows top quailty COACHING - IMHO. Why do you think Newman chose not to bite, or at least cut ties, on those offers over your way. He wants the best package and chemistry for him and his own. That's the American way,,, as Pat Murphy demonstrated. Not an easy decision considering his ol' college coach; but like you, he chose what he thought was the best overall pkg for his own. Now you my want to throw ME for saying this,,, but I assure you, there will never be anything thrown by this guy - EVER!!

All the best!! :lol:

TJ is eligible and will be wrestling for McCallie this weekend. Let's hope he can fulfill his dream of being the first five timer. He is certainly capable!

If this is true then the previously posted rule about practicing with Baylor is either not correct, or Baylor chose not to pursue it because I have seen him at practice more than 3 times.

If this is true then the previously posted rule about practicing with Baylor is either not correct, or Baylor chose not to pursue it because I have seen him at practice more than 3 times.

Word on the street is, Baylor chose not to persue it. Which is good I think. I mean you want what's best for the kid don't you? Not what will be better for your program later on down the road. Hopefully Baylor had the kid and his dream in mind, which if that is the case kudos to the decision makers.

And to answer your question Soms, yes, 112.

TJ is eligible and will be wrestling for McCallie this weekend. Let's hope he can fulfill his dream of being the first five timer. He is certainly capable!

TJ's a fine wrestler. He'll be missed at Baylor and I'm sure warmly welcomed into the 8th grade at McCallie where he may be able to pursue his parents' goal of being a 5-time state champion, or at least join the ranks of the all time greats like David Vance. Whether he's eligible to wrestle for the Big Blue depends on how you interpret the TSSAA's bylaws.

TJ is a "transfer student" under the bylaws, because he transferred to McCallie without having completed the highest, or terminal, grade at Baylor. He therefore is ineligible for some period of time to participate in wrestling at McCallie unless he had no "athletic record" in the previous 12 months in any sport "sponsored by the TSSAA" or unless one of the many other exceptions to transfer student inelligibility apply to him.

TJ does have an "athletic record" if he played in an interscholastic contest at the varsity, junior varsity, ninth grade, or any other level at Baylor since Baylor is a TSSAA member school. Is wrestling on a middle school team participation "on any other level"? If McCallie lets TJ wrestle this weekend, then it thinks (i) wrestling in lower school doesn't amount to wrestling at a "level"; (ii) lower school wrestling is not a sport "sponsored by the TSSAA"; or (iii) some other exception in the bylaws applies to this boy. I don't think McCallie will let him wrestle because "Baylor chose not to pursue it."

Word on the street is, Baylor chose not to persue it. Which is good I think. I mean you want what's best for the kid don't you? Not what will be better for your program later on down the road. Hopefully Baylor had the kid and his dream in mind, which if that is the case kudos to the decision makers.

And to answer your question Soms, yes, 112.

Well said, I had the privilage of actually coaching this kid a couple years back at Baylor wrestling camp. I saw the potential he had and really think he will make some noise at the high school level, and possibly beyond. Would have loved to see him in red and grey, but McCallie is a great program. Good decision to let a kid keep his dream. I wish him luck.

TJ's a fine wrestler. He'll be missed at Baylor and I'm sure warmly welcomed into the 8th grade at McCallie where he may be able to pursue his parents' goal of being a 5-time state champion, or at least join the ranks of the all time greats like David Vance. Whether he's eligible to wrestle for the Big Blue depends on how you interpret the TSSAA's bylaws.

TJ is a "transfer student" under the bylaws, because he transferred to McCallie without having completed the highest, or terminal, grade at Baylor. He therefore is ineligible for some period of time to participate in wrestling at McCallie unless he had no "athletic record" in the previous 12 months in any sport "sponsored by the TSSAA" or unless one of the many other exceptions to transfer student inelligibility apply to him.

TJ does have an "athletic record" if he played in an interscholastic contest at the varsity, junior varsity, ninth grade, or any other level at Baylor since Baylor is a TSSAA member school. Is wrestling on a middle school team participation "on any other level"? If McCallie lets TJ wrestle this weekend, then it thinks (i) wrestling in lower school doesn't amount to wrestling at a "level"; (ii) lower school wrestling is not a sport "sponsored by the TSSAA"; or (iii) some other exception in the bylaws applies to this boy. I don't think McCallie will let him wrestle because "Baylor chose not to pursue it."

I understand what you're saying but despite all that, TJ has been cleared by TSSAA and is eligible to wrestle for McCallie starting now. I'm not sure if middle school and high school mix when it comes to eligibilty but I could be completely wrong.

could anybody please inform those who are a little behind on this subject matter. who is tj and please a little background? also what exactly happened?

TJ is in 8th grader who attended Baylor throughout middle school. He is an outstanding wrestler who has a dream of becoming the first five time state champion. He weighs 112 and was hoping to wrestle varsity for Baylor this year (his 8th grade year) but Bailey Whitaker, a two time state champion, is starting at that weight already therefore TJ would be unable to fulfill his dream. So he transferred to McCallie in order to persue that dream. He was deemed eligible to wrestle for McCallie yesterday. Now you are all up to speed! If I left anything out unintentionally please add on!

I will certainly leave you & yours alone on this thread, but may I suggest that it was probably a VERY good choice to go D2 instead of D1 in order to go after such an all-time record possibility, i.e., 5x's. Unfortunately, you may have another one of those less than average Left side wrestlers to contend with, again... Could it be a ...Baucke?

Soms,

It won't be a Baucke this year at least. The little one is at 103.