• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red So have signed J.D Drew and are close to signing Julio Lugo...with all these new signings can they win the AL East????

Good luck getting 120 games out of Drew. I don't get him, I really don't. I guess someone described it best in an article I read last week that said he just didnt' care. But he is responsible for Adam Wainwright being a Cardinal, so I guess I should thank him. :thumb:

But to answer your question, nope. Too many abrasive personalities in the clubhouse.

I agree the Red Sox won't win the AL east but take heart at least they will be better than my SF Giants who won't win the worst division in baseball.

They lose their manager, Moises Alou and Jason Schmidt (to the DODGERS!!). They might re-sign Barry Bonds. :thumb: They sign Rich Aurilia! They re-sign Pedro Feliz! They sign Dave Roberts! They get even older and slower and they still don't have any pitching which would be OK in their division but they can't hit either.

I have seen over 40 slow-pitch softball teams with better players - and younger players. JEEZ!

I agree the Red Sox won't win the AL east but take heart at least they will be better than my SF Giants who won't win the worst division in baseball.

They lose their manager, Moises Alou and Jason Schmidt (to the DODGERS!!). They might re-sign Barry Bonds. :angry: They sign Rich Aurilia! They re-sign Pedro Feliz! They sign Dave Roberts! They get even older and slower and they still don't have any pitching which would be OK in their division but they can't hit either.

I have seen over 40 slow-pitch softball teams with better players - and younger players. JEEZ!

I read this morning that the Cards are going to make a push for Bonds. My eyebrows raised, and I'm not sure at all if I want him in a Cardinals uniform ever, especially with a steroid frenzied home run chase following him.

Dave Roberts? Is there another player in MLB history whose career was revived because of ONE stolen base? If he gets gunned in game 4 of the 04 ALCS, he's absolutely nothing now.

I read this morning that the Cards are going to make a push for Bonds. My eyebrows raised, and I'm not sure at all if I want him in a Cardinals uniform ever, especially with a steroid frenzied home run chase following him.

Dave Roberts? Is there another player in MLB history whose career was revived because of ONE stolen base? If he gets gunned in game 4 of the 04 ALCS, he's absolutely nothing now.

I would absolutely shocked if the Cardinals signed Barry Bonds. The Cardinals have traditionally stayed away from players with the sort of baggage that Bonds carries around.

The Giants did sign Bengie Molina yesterday which is not bad.

Back on topic. I don't know why J.D. Drew attracts so much interest. Has he ever been a major factor in the success of a team? I think Lugo is a great signing for Boston.

I would absolutely shocked if the Cardinals signed Barry Bonds. The Cardinals have traditionally stayed away from players with the sort of baggage that Bonds carries around.

The Giants did sign Bengie Molina yesterday which is not bad.

Back on topic. I don't know why J.D. Drew attracts so much interest. Has he ever been a major factor in the success of a team? I think Lugo is a great signing for Boston.

LaRussa wants him. Granted, if he could play 100-110 games in left and then DH during interleague, it would be nice. I mean, come on, Pujols batting third and Bonds 4th? I could just sit there and laugh every time Pujols walked to the plate with a runner on and less than 2 outs.

Yes, as for Drew, I can't figure it out either. No one can.

LaRussa wants him. Granted, if he could play 100-110 games in left and then DH during interleague, it would be nice. I mean, come on, Pujols batting third and Bonds 4th? I could just sit there and laugh every time Pujols walked to the plate with a runner on and less than 2 outs.

Yes, as for Drew, I can't figure it out either. No one can.

I agree that it would be great for Albert. He would put up HUGE numbers with somebody like Bonds batting behind him - IF Bonds can stay on the field.

Barry would need to lose the 'tude if he played in St. Louis. I don't know if he can do that. If he really wants a shot at winning the World Series, this is probably his best option in the NL.

Good luck getting 120 games out of Drew. I don't get him, I really don't. I guess someone described it best in an article I read last week that said he just didnt' care. But he is responsible for Adam Wainwright being a Cardinal, so I guess I should thank him. :lol:

But to answer your question, nope. Too many abrasive personalities in the clubhouse.

Solomon you are way to critical of people. Do you believe everything you read? If you do then go to bostonglobe.com and read J.D.'s response to this issue of not caring. Was he overpaid? Yes but so is every free agent in the market this year. His injuries have been do to beanings not because his body gave out. You are also quick to write off the Red Sox. Because of abrasive personalities? What are you kidding me? Big Papi is the type of guy you want in the family and if you are talking about Manny then may I say there nothing abrasive about him. He is the polar opposite of abrasive he just needs a kick in the pants. Curt Schilling is the vocal one but nobody is more of a team guy than him. (note 04 World Series) It is easy to set in the catbird seat and make potshots at a guy who has played injured but until you walk a mile... Also I am not jumping on the J.D. Drew bandwagon because I am Redsox fan. I get the extra innings package and I caught alot of Dodger games last year and let me tell you this guy is very disiplined at the plate. He has a high obp and can hit the ball to any field. The last 3 years he has 5th best ops of any Major League outfielder. You mean to tell me you would not take Papi, Manny, and Drew in your lineup? If you say no then I say "Wow".

Bonds has resigned with the Giants at 16 million for 1 year.

Yeah. Another year of putting up with Barry. He obviously only cares about breaking the record not about winning a World Series. I think someone could use a Ouija board and pick better players than the Giants have this off-season. I would guess on another season with between 70 and 80 wins even though the teams in their division pretty much stink.

Yeah. Another year of putting up with Barry. He obviously only cares about breaking the record not about winning a World Series. I think someone could use a Ouija board and pick better players than the Giants have this off-season. I would guess on another season with between 70 and 80 wins even though the teams in their division pretty much stink.

But just think you get to celebrate Barry's home run record with all those wonderful fans in San Fran. Believe when I say they are the only ones who would care. No disrespect intended.

Solomon you are way to critical of people. Do you believe everything you read? If you do then go to bostonglobe.com and read J.D.'s response to this issue of not caring. Was he overpaid? Yes but so is every free agent in the market this year. His injuries have been do to beanings not because his body gave out. You are also quick to write off the Red Sox. Because of abrasive personalities? What are you kidding me? Big Papi is the type of guy you want in the family and if you are talking about Manny then may I say there nothing abrasive about him. He is the polar opposite of abrasive he just needs a kick in the pants. Curt Schilling is the vocal one but nobody is more of a team guy than him. (note 04 World Series) It is easy to set in the catbird seat and make potshots at a guy who has played injured but until you walk a mile... Also I am not jumping on the J.D. Drew bandwagon because I am Redsox fan. I get the extra innings package and I caught alot of Dodger games last year and let me tell you this guy is very disiplined at the plate. He has a high obp and can hit the ball to any field. The last 3 years he has 5th best ops of any Major League outfielder. You mean to tell me you would not take Papi, Manny, and Drew in your lineup? If you say no then I say "Wow".

I think the big question with Drew is can he stay healthy? He played in 146 games last year (his most ever) but 72 in 2005, 145 in 2004 , 100 in 2003. Never in more than 135 games (twice) before that. So, he seems to be up and down. Plus, he isn't a sping chicken at 31 years old. He is a decent player but not someone to build your team around. IMHO