Bledsoe Football

bchswar

bledsoe football topic was closed because people don't really want to know what is going on? Whoever closed this thread must be on the inside and trying to keep it from getting out just how miserable it is for someone to be hired without even having a chance for others to apply. I am not against Mr Robertson but believe that doing things right is never a problem. I hope that more concerned Pikeville people will at least let me know what they are thinking. Otherwise we are as guilty as the ones who have done this.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking that if the attitudes around bledsoe are being indicated by how many people get on this board then I am going to have to take my boy somewhere else to school. he is a few years away from high school but don't want him starting the middle school program if he isn't going to be there. Are any others of the same opinion or are we going to try and do something. This is not an attack on a coach so getright don't get too bent out of shape

bchswar, we may know each other. Do not get discouraged. It takes time to build a program. remember, it took Coach Brown 4 years to get to the playoffs and 5 years before his first winning season at Bledsoe. I was there so I know how hard it was to get things going. Remember, he went 10-2 and lost to Alcoa in the playoffs and people were grumbling. Small towns are like that. I am having growing pains where I am at. We went through a tough year with injuries and youth. Good news is all those kids will be back with a year under their belts. Don't get discouraged and continue to support the program and Coach Roberson. I hope all goes well except for week 9 when you guys come back over here. Good Luck and always work for the good of the kids.

I am so discouraged by what Pikeville keeps doing. I was not one of the lucky ones that got into coaching but am one person who really enjoys watching good football. Maryville we may never be but I am sure that when they got their program heading in the right direction they didn't just say well let's hire whoever we want and not even look at anyone else.

Wow I am so impressed with you guys. you have nothing to do with who gets hired so you are mad bchswar. I am sure that you realize that George Quarrels was at maryville when he was hired. Some times the best come from inside. Also, your former coach was in the school system and he got you back to the play-offs. Why do you complain?

don't think too much, I wouldn't classify the coach at Maryville and Mr Robertson in the same class but only time will tell. My question is where are all the people who were on here during the season; Volhead, pikevol, bledsoeb, any parents whose kids are being cheated. Well let's just let the powers that be do whatever they want. Maybe next time

getright, are you implying that I am griping. I have not griped at all. I supported Coach Boynton during his tough times and I will support Coach Roberson. I think only time will tell about the program. Remember, we all should worry about what is best for the kids and support the decision. There are some good players coming back at Bledsoe and the negativity hinders their development as players.

don't think too much, I wouldn't classify the coach at Maryville and Mr Robertson in the same class but only time will tell. My question is where are all the people who were on here during the season; Volhead, pikevol, bledsoeb, any parents whose kids are being cheated. Well let's just let the powers that be do whatever they want. Maybe next time

Well, I have no say-so whatsoever as to what goes on in Bledsoe County.....Like I said before I graduated in 2004, therefore I'm 21 and don't have kids that are being cheated, but however I am mad that they didn't search for a coach.....But there's nothing I can do about it...

Ihave read all the posts on this thread and the one that got shut down.

First of all i see that some folks posted on the other one that knows nothing about our program, and the struggles that we have endured over the years!

Yes there have been bright spots over the years and some that we would love to forget. So when someone post their feelings on here. Someone who is not a B.C.H.S. fan or supporter gets on here and says stop whineing and not being negative and all that! I am reffering to (getright & lookoutvalleyboy) you guys just dont have a clue!

As for the new hire i didnt like the way that it was done but politics here are the death of alot of things! I am not saying it was a bad hire time will tell! With the tallent we got coming back second place in the region and at least a 6-4 7-3 regular season should happen, If it was a good hire! Anything less and they system let the kids the parents and the supporters of this program down.

My opinion and the person i wanted to see lead this program didnt get a chance (again) so i will leave it at that!

To quote Lee Corso; "not so fast my friends" Pikeville is not done yet. Heard there was a closed door meeting and things may not be as they seem. Also, when are workouts getting under way and who is running them. Did he hire a new assistant coach to fill in for Jim Warden. That is a very interesting position to be hired. Never give up until it is over. And then still don't give up. What is the schedule for next year? Coach Robertson let us know or at least one of the other coaches who might have an idea.