Point Guards in Middle Tennessee

iluvbball

I know this may have been talked about before but who are the top point guards in middle tennessee? The most important position on the floor! I would love to go watch a good game where two of the top guards are playing against each other so please give match ups to watch if you know any!

I've said it before, many good players run point but aren't true point guards. As far as leadership, defense, low turnovers, heart, capable of scoring when needed, being a coach on the floor, not too many better than JPII's Jen Sneed. Other kids maybe better in certain aspects but no one i've seen has all the above qualities. Did I mention leadership?

Dawn Evans of Clarksville-Northeast. Handles the ball better than most boys, Can penetrate and dish and get to the free throw line (43 - 55 free throws 78% in 9 games), shoots from the outside (21) 3pointers in 9 games, finds the open man-(7) assist per game and can score - 231 pts in 9 games 26.7 points per game average. Already had a 51 pt game and (8)3's in one game. On top of that she is a great leader and plays tough defense, (2.5 steals per game). Any one can talk about how good someone is but the proof is in the numbers and how much a of a winner the player is, (81 wins in 3 years and already 7 wins so far this year). Not taking anything from anyone else because there are some great ballplayers out there but if there is a better point guard in the state please tell me who she is and back it up with the facts.

Dawn Evans of Clarksville-Northeast. Handles the ball better than most boys, Can penetrate and dish and get to the free throw line (43 - 55 free throws 78% in 9 games), shoots from the outside (21) 3pointers in 9 games, finds the open man-(7) assist per game and can score - 231 pts in 9 games 26.7 points per game average. Already had a 51 pt game and (8)3's in one game. On top of that she is a great leader and plays tough defense, (2.5 steals per game). Any one can talk about how good someone is but the proof is in the numbers and how much a of a winner the player is, (81 wins in 3 years and already 7 wins so far this year). Not taking anything from anyone else because there are some great ballplayers out there but if there is a better point guard in the state please tell me who she is and back it up with the facts.

Wow!

Dawn has my vote as being one of the best. How are the girls doing that had the ankle injuries?

Dawn has my vote as being one of the best. How are the girls doing that had the ankle injuries?

Hey Coach,

They think Miko Williams is about 85%. She played tentatively on Friday scoring 8 pts. She is averaging 24 per game. They think she should be fully back in another week. Raquel Barlow, the post still has a ways to go, although she did play sparingly on Friday. Dawn scored 33 pts and was 13 - 15 from the free throw line.

Hey Coach,

They think Miko Williams is about 85%. She played tentatively on Friday scoring 8 pts. She is averaging 24 per game. They think she should be fully back in another week. Raquel Barlow, the post still has a ways to go, although she did play sparingly on Friday. Dawn scored 33 pts and was 13 - 15 from the free throw line.

Good thing that the team is holding it together. I'll pray for them to have a speedy recovery. I am missing 2 starters. My combo guard, # 11 injured her knee on Thursday night when a player from ECS fell into her knee on a loose ball. (not intentional) My senior forward has been playing in spots #24. She played more last night but is still about 80 percent herself. One of my starters has a cast on her foot for another 3 weeks. So last night was huge for the other girls. We absolutely didn't press in the second half. We basically had to play with 8 people since 2 starters and leading scorers were out. I pulled out my main scorers early in the third. One of my shooting guards had 27 by the end of the 3rd and my sophomore post had 22 early in the 3rd. So sitting them down left us with 6 and they kept the same intensity in our zone. According to the book keeper, we forced 50 turnovers. Eventhough we scored 102 we only scored 16 in the 4th. We had a huge 3rd quarter, 37.