If It walks like a Duck

pujo

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

". . . Next thing you know, you might actually become a soccer fan! (Yeah, I know... that is truly asking for a miracle!)

Try convincing Lazarus."

i have been trying to be more fair to soccer,

especially since they have come up with their new slogan:

"at least it's not hockey"

Hey... it's a start.

I agree. Publics with open zones is as bad as privates recruiting or advertising to several different counties.

Now all you have to do is approach the situation open minded instead of thinking in terms of only 1A.

Why just argue about privates? Don`t you think there should be a level playing field throughout?

In other words if you think the ability for teams to get players from outside a normal zone (whether public or private) makes for an unlevel playing field, then why can`t you be more consistent in your solution of a split?

". . . Next thing you know, you might actually become a soccer fan! (Yeah, I know... that is truly asking for a miracle!)

Try convincing Lazarus."

i have been trying to be more fair to soccer,

especially since they have come up with their new slogan:

"at least it's not hockey"

I thought soccer folded when the USSR fell apart...isn't it a Communist sport?

Seriously, I did enjoy watching the world cup...all the play acting about being hurt and knocked down was very interesting. And I have to admit that those guys are amazing athletes...all those recievers and db's wasting their lives in shorts with a round ball...makes me sad.

:>)

Edited by Baldcoach

Seriously, I did enjoy watching the world cup...all the play acting about being hurt and knocked down was very interesting. And I have to admit that those guys are amazing athletes...all those recievers and db's wasting their lives in shorts with a round ball...makes me sad.

That is one of the few statements you have made that I agree with 100% :thumb:

Actually there is a lot of money to be had in soccer... just ask Beckham. Diego Maradona (Argentinian star) actually had more money in his bank account than his COUNTRY!

Soccer is an aquired taste. I, for myself, don't mind being in the minority here. My goal is to get MPHS to one of our games and make him a fan! Hey, go big, or go home, right?!

Actually there is a lot of money to be had in soccer... just ask Beckham. Diego Maradona (Argentinian star) actually had more money in his bank account than his COUNTRY!

Soccer is an aquired taste. I, for myself, don't mind being in the minority here. My goal is to get MPHS to one of our games and make him a fan! Hey, go big, or go home, right?!

I am not trashing soccer , i have actually watched and enjoyed it some I just see kids who would make good football players out there and wonder why their not playing that too.