If It walks like a Duck

pujo

Official Press Release: Scott Chastain has been announced today as the new head football coach of the Crusaders of Tennessee Temple Academy. Coach Chastain served as the Defensive Coordinator this past season during their perfect 10-0 season and 12-1 overall record finishing as quarterfinalists in region 3-A. Chip Kell, who was recently inducted into the College Hall of Fame and who served as a special assistant to the team last season, has agreed to return and will be more involved as an assistant coach for the 2007 season. Chastain, who will be the first paid football coach since the program started four years ago is excited about the future of Temple football. “With our winning program since inception (33-13) and with our special season this year and with the growth and exciting things that are going on at the Academy I see a very bright future for Temple football. We have some younger players with good talent and several returning players with experience. I look forward to building a football program at Temple and ultimately preparing our players for varsity play.” Temple has already secured 10 dates for next season. “We are pleased with our decision to hire Scott”, said Rob Eldridge, Dir. of Development for the Academy. “Scott brings experience and knowledge of football and coaching to our program. He earned the respect of the players and our fans this past year. We selected Coach Chastain because we are serious about building a football program and he and Chip are committed to accomplishing that goal.”

Tennessee Temple Academy is a private Christian school located in Chattanooga Tennessee. They are ACSI accredited and are in the approval process for SACS early next year. They are known for their national award winning fine arts programs and their competitive athletic teams. They won the TSSAA state basketball title in 2002, 2003 and are preseason favorites to be finalists this year. They have already had two athletes sign this year with NCAA Division One schools; Danielle Rector with Mississippi State University to play basketball and Amanda Jordan with Samford University to play softball. Seth Skogen, a Mr. Football Finalist for both football and basketball and who was voted Most Valuable Offensive Player in Region 3-A for 2006 has recently signed with the intent to play at Furman University. Josh Smith, the Region 3-A Most Valuable Defensive Player has not committed at this time.

For more information about Tennessee Temple Academy visit them on the web at www.TnTempleAcademy.com or contact them at 423-493-4337.

--------------------

My name is Rob Eldridge and I approve this message.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Press Release: Scott Chastain has been announced today as the new head football coach of the Crusaders of Tennessee Temple Academy. Coach Chastain served as the Defensive Coordinator this past season during their perfect 10-0 season and 12-1 overall record finishing as quarterfinalists in region 3-A. Chip Kell, who was recently inducted into the College Hall of Fame and who served as a special assistant to the team last season, has agreed to return and will be more involved as an assistant coach for the 2007 season. Chastain, who will be the first paid football coach since the program started four years ago is excited about the future of Temple football. “With our winning program since inception (33-13) and with our special season this year and with the growth and exciting things that are going on at the Academy I see a very bright future for Temple football. We have some younger players with good talent and several returning players with experience. I look forward to building a football program at Temple and ultimately preparing our players for varsity play.” Temple has already secured 10 dates for next season. “We are pleased with our decision to hire Scott”, said Rob Eldridge, Dir. of Development for the Academy. “Scott brings experience and knowledge of football and coaching to our program. He earned the respect of the players and our fans this past year. We selected Coach Chastain because we are serious about building a football program and he and Chip are committed to accomplishing that goal.”

Tennessee Temple Academy is a private Christian school located in Chattanooga Tennessee. They are ACSI accredited and are in the approval process for SACS early next year. They are known for their national award winning fine arts programs and their competitive athletic teams. They won the TSSAA state basketball title in 2002, 2003 and are preseason favorites to be finalists this year. They have already had two athletes sign this year with NCAA Division One schools; Danielle Rector with Mississippi State University to play basketball and Amanda Jordan with Samford University to play softball. Seth Skogen, a Mr. Football Finalist for both football and basketball and who was voted Most Valuable Offensive Player in Region 3-A for 2006 has recently signed with the intent to play at Furman University. Josh Smith, the Region 3-A Most Valuable Defensive Player has not committed at this time.

For more information about Tennessee Temple Academy visit them on the web at www.TnTempleAcademy.com or contact them at 423-493-4337.

--------------------

I missed the duck in the above release. Do you conisder the press release to be recruiting? Or does it prove the point that all privates have an advantage over all publics? Or does this prove that private coaches are better than public coaches? It must not look too much like a duck, because I don't know which argument you're addressing with this release, or which side it supports.

And accept my apologies for reading too much into the release if you were just making sure we were aware of the coaching change at Temple. Go Crusaders?

Edited by oknative

I think starting an athletic program from scratch and winning championships 4 years later is quacking pretty loudly. Ravenwood split from Brentwood's state championship team and won their own state championship with the BHS little brothers, but you have to admit that's rare air those guys are breathing! Let's see what Pioneer Christian accomplishes in the next few seasons before passing judgement......

I think starting an athletic program from scratch and winning championships 4 years later is quacking pretty loudly. Ravenwood split from Brentwood's state championship team and won their own state championship with the BHS little brothers, but you have to admit that's rare air those guys are breathing! Let's see what Pioneer Christian accomplishes in the next few seasons before passing judgement......

The basketball team is by no means from scratch--there's a long tradition of hoops power on Highland Park Boulevard. The year before they joined TSSAA, they won a national Christian-schools championship. The college team has been consistently good to, though again in a "minor" division.

--------------------

I missed the duck part? Fill me in.

Liberty won the state basketball championship in their 4th year. They are 7-0 so far this year.

Liberty won it in their third year. This year is their fourth. :thumb:

Thats not the point. The quacking being made, I think, but am not sure, is that a private, with all their unfair advantages of recruiting and unfair advantates of taking students from other zones, can build a very successfull program quickly.

The point was that Liberty, a public, did it the exact same thing, even better as you pointed out, did it in three years. Seems like publics can do the same thing.

Should we also complain that Liberty has brand new facilities that put other public facilities to shame, what an unfair advantage. Oh, wait, the facilities are only 3 years old because the school is only 3 years old. So much for the same arguments that are considered as advantages of privates.

This was posted on the football board by a Temple guy. You can call it whatever you want to ,but its a plan to draw atheletes to their school. I guess Hampton could run some articles in the local papers and fill everyone in on what their success has been for the last two seasons and that they are only one of two Blue Ribbon Schools in the state. Tell everyone they will be loaded next season, just need a few good men to have a great shot at winning the state. The only problem is ,these kids are zoned .Its a jab at recruiting and everyone knows it. Split UM

Other schools may do the same kind of stuff, but I've definately never saw it in this area. Ialso doubt any of the 1a public schools doing this sort of thing. Do you private guys know of any.