If It walks like a Duck

pujo

pujo...that was a press release. That would be known as free advertising. I don`t think it put any "undue influence" on anyone so I doubt we could term it as recruiting.

The press release was also posted on the football board, what was the use, just another means of spreading the message.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press release was also posted on the football board, what was the use, just another means of spreading the message.

So posting items on a message board is now considered recruiting???? What about the local sports writer of a paper who writes an article that has a positive slant about a team . Is that also recruiting?

But if you want to take that position, be sure to hold the same standard to any public that does the same thing. Isn't that recruitng, as well. You want to split the publics and privates based soely on the fact that they are private, not on the base of your arguments.

Quit saying lets split the publics and privates, and instead say lets split ANY team (public or private) that recruits/advertises, from any team that doesn't recruit/advertises. Say lets split any team that gets athletes from outside their specific zone, from the schools that don't.

You're applying a standard against the privates that you don't want equally applied to the publics.

Edited by oknative

Hey pujo....in case you didn`t know schools call the paper all the time to inform them of news. I think you are just complaining to just be complaining now. It was a press release and that all it was.

There was an article about Liberty`s basketball team getting invited to play at the Fed Ex Forum later this season.

Now someone contacted the Jackson Sun about that. Either Liberty called them or the Fed Ex Forum put out an initial press release. Either way this is a huge feather in Liberty`s hat and don`t think for a moment that it might not be influencing some middle schooler to forego their zoned high school and enroll in Liberty.

This was posted on the football board by a Temple guy. You can call it whatever you want to ,but its a plan to draw atheletes to their school. I guess Hampton could run some articles in the local papers and fill everyone in on what their success has been for the last two seasons and that they are only one of two Blue Ribbon Schools in the state. Tell everyone they will be loaded next season, just need a few good men to have a great shot at winning the state. The only problem is ,these kids are zoned .Its a jab at recruiting and everyone knows it. Split UM

Other schools may do the same kind of stuff, but I've definately never saw it in this area. Ialso doubt any of the 1a public schools doing this sort of thing. Do you private guys know of any.

No one in their right mind would go to Hampton. Not even if they had an add on every page of the news paper....

And just wondering, what is the blue ribbon award? I thought the only thing that got awarded a blue ribbon was the prize pig at the county fair LOL :lol:

Its a jab at recruiting and everyone knows it. Split UM

So Pujo, are you prepared to split all the publics that advertise to be included with the privates that advertise.

Other schools may do the same kind of stuff, but I've definately never saw it in this area. I also doubt any of the 1a public schools doing this sort of thing. Do you private guys know of any.

Most definitely, Madison Academic - a 1A public, that advertised during the state championships last spring.

Edited by oknative

No one in their right mind would go to Hampton. Not even if they had an add on every page of the news paper....

And just wondering, what is the blue ribbon award? I thought the only thing that got awarded a blue ribbon was the prize pig at the county fair LOL :thumb:

Blue ribbon award is for academics ,and I guess a good football player might want to join in on the success. Shoot, they might even hire a preacher.

Hey pujo, you still haven't answered the question: "are you prepared to split all the publics that advertise to be included with the privates that advertise."

or is your position not really against the "advertising" - just the privates.

Oknative, you don't know me very well, I've been on this debate for several years. I'm not against Private Schools by any strecth of the imagionation. Ilove what they do, they do have advantages over rural 1a schools. As far as these open zoned and magnet schools,Ireally don't have a clue what you should do with them. They also have some advantages.Recruiting is not my gripe, its the amount of dedicated kids and parents at these two very different types of schools.