Sequatchie County Vs. Van Buren December 11th

BallPark3434

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they shot 18, we shot 4, pretty lopsided

I was reading the girls info about tonights game and someone from Sequatchie said that they couldn't wait to get back to using Chattanooga area refs so the rules can applied the correct way??? It has always been called differently with the Chatt. refs.....physical games. Are you surprised that SC had so many called fouls? Thats the way you played and thats the way the game was called. Don't understand your point.

I was reading the girls info about tonights game and someone from Sequatchie said that they couldn't wait to get back to using Chattanooga area refs so the rules can applied the correct way??? It has always been called differently with the Chatt. refs.....physical games. Are you surprised that SC had so many called fouls? Thats the way you played and thats the way the game was called. Don't understand your point.

Usually, Chattanooga ref's, allow the teams to play a physical and Middle Tennessee ref's call a much more strict game, with lots of fouls....

I would say that the refs were a little one sided. This is not the reason why seq. lost though. This was one of the worst games that I have seen seq. play. They were not play like they could of. I have to give credit to VB boys they played well nice passes played good team ball. Any time you get calls 18 to 4 shots in a whole game the refs are not calling something. There was not one over the back call made.

I think the vandenburg boy had 12 or 14

There were no over the back calls because our players either had inside position or they were going straight up. This is generally what happens in our games. I sit in the stands and get a kick out of the other teams fans or the coaches because they beg and beg for over the backs because they are frustrated with all of the offensive boards our boys get. The frustration should be toward boxing out though.

As for the fouls being 18-4. Well, about the last 8 or 10 of those were off of dunlap's fouling to get the ball back which would actually make it about 8 or 10 to 4 in favor of us. Then when you take into account that dunlap pressed and played tight man defense while our boys played zone all night then that explains the difference. I promise that the indian players got away with a lot more fouls than we did.

I would say that the refs were a little one sided. This is not the reason why seq. lost though. This was one of the worst games that I have seen seq. play. They were not play like they could of. I have to give credit to VB boys they played well nice passes played good team ball. Any time you get calls 18 to 4 shots in a whole game the refs are not calling something. There was not one over the back call made.

I think the vandenburg boy had 12 or 14

Some of those 18 shots resulted from putting Van Buren on the line toward the end of the game. How many lane violations were called? One- on Van Buren County.

Usually, Chattanooga ref's, allow the teams to play a physical and Middle Tennessee ref's call a much more strict game, with lots of fouls....

Bledsoebtheboys with you being a innocent by stander in this game I have a question. Do the fans in your District yell at the Chatt. refs when they are playing each other for hacks, slaps, and pushes? Just wondering about it because when we played your guys in the valley your fans were yelling at the refs just like we were. Seq. fans were yelling at the refs. last night just like VB fans were. They knocked us down last night with alot of no calls. I really enjoyed the football game.

Bledsoebtheboys with you being a innocent by stander in this game I have a question. Do the fans in your District yell at the Chatt. refs when they are playing each other for hacks, slaps, and pushes? Just wondering about it because when we played your guys in the valley your fans were yelling at the refs just like we were. Seq. fans were yelling at the refs. last night just like VB fans were. They knocked us down last night with alot of no calls. I really enjoyed the football game.

Of course we yell at the ref's....We hate Chattanooga ref's as bad as they hate coming to the valley to ref a game.....Just like tonight at East Ridge there alot of fouls not called on ER and the little touch by a Bledsoe player drawed a whistle....