TSSAA officals & Bruce Pearl

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: Pearl has yet to be kicked out of a gym while recruiting.

1st incident he was watching his son, not recruiting.

2nd incident he was told to keep his mouth shut or he would be tossed.

Fact: Headline said he was " yanked", silly me mistaking that for being kicked out.

Fact: He was able to come back in behaved himself. I just seem to think of a head coach going to watch a player as being on the recruiting trail.

Fact: It's not a big deal. Pearl will be fine. UT will be fine.

:thumb:

Bruce is one of the nicest guys you can meet or talk to. I have seasons tickets and am in the front row behind the bench now. He comes out and and shakes my hand every game and asks how everything is going. Every single game rain or shine, He is outside talking with the fans and trying to provide a positive attitude. Dont dawg the man for making a simple mistake. Hes a great guy and a very passonite man about what he does and has comes off as a cocky guy but he really is not.

If your at a game an hour or two early go outside the stadium he will be out there talking and shaking hands with people. And come SEC time, he will be spending money out of HIS pocket to buy pizza for the students.

So you actually think Pearl was out of line by yelling "Let them Play" at a basketball game. Do you actually think this Ref's name will not be broadcast all over the state the next few days?

Pearl was singled out because of who he is and not because of what he said. If your going to throw people out for what he said then your not going to have many fans left to watch the games. Nor will you have many coaches left on the bench. Been to a High School basketball game lately?

Do really think that quote is the extent of Pearl's vocalization? It's been several days since the overplayed incident; do you know the ref's name? Have you seen it anyplace? Do you think Pearl should have been sitting in the stands, with the other spectators, or down in the high-visibility area along the wall and baseline? The coaches on the bench are irrelevant to this, since Pearl was a spectator at East Ridge, not a coach. Basketball coaches are showboats enough without spectator encouragement. The high school coaches see the college "legends" on TV and imitate them. One person actually posted on this board that it was the coaches' job to show up the officials so the players wouldn't have to do this.

I am surprised there are any officials left for high school games. Most who are still doing so are poorly-trained and poorly-supported by their associations. They are the bottom portion of a barrel that no one wants to fill.

As for having been to a basketball game lately, I went to a couple of games Saturday night, which were my 5th and 6th games this year. I go to watch the players--not the officials, the coaches, occasionally the cheerleaders.

As for Pearl, remember this: he is an accident looking for a place to happen. And it will happen. Enjoy him while you can.

Simple equation for pearl on why UT will not be letting him go.

Fans=Money

Money=Better College

Better College=Students

Students=Scholorship Need

Scholorship Need=Donors

Donors=The love of Bruce Pearl

Okay that was extreamly stupid. But I know from the meetings my uncle goes to the boosters love Bruce, Thats why they are investing a ton of money into the stadium next year for him.

Do really think that quote is the extent of Pearl's vocalization? It's been several days since the overplayed incident; do you know the ref's name? Have you seen it anyplace? Do you think Pearl should have been sitting in the stands, with the other spectators, or down in the high-visibility area along the wall and baseline? The coaches on the bench are irrelevant to this, since Pearl was a spectator at East Ridge, not a coach. Basketball coaches are showboats enough without spectator encouragement. The high school coaches see the college "legends" on TV and imitate them. One person actually posted on this board that it was the coaches' job to show up the officials so the players wouldn't have to do this.

I am surprised there are any officials left for high school games. Most who are still doing so are poorly-trained and poorly-supported by their associations. They are the bottom portion of a barrel that no one wants to fill.

As for having been to a basketball game lately, I went to a couple of games Saturday night, which were my 5th and 6th games this year. I go to watch the players--not the officials, the coaches, occasionally the cheerleaders.

As for Pearl, remember this: he is an accident looking for a place to happen. And it will happen. Enjoy him while you can.

Just to be blatantly honest with you, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think your way off base. I'm not sure what your problem with Coach Pearl is, but he definitely is not "an accident looking for a place to happen". I don't know why passion is often mistaken as a character flaw. He didn't yell anything that could be taken as derogatory. He only yelled what probably half the gym was yelling, but given his status (and apparent location) he was singled out. I have no doubt Coach was not yelling with the intent of drawing attention to himself. That even sounds stupid to say, but again, that's YOUR opinion.

I think the sports world would be 100 times better if every Coach was as down-to-earth and as willing to work at getting the fans involved with his team. I'd be honored to have one of my kids someday play for Coach Pearl!

Edited by cascade11

I dont hear or see any other college coaches or recruiters gettn thrown out of games.Pearl is crazy.Y he cant sit their like any other coaches and watch the player(s) that he is recruitn and quit tryn to draw attention to himself? Everybody know who he is.I was at the Hoopfest and Tubby Smith was there.He never said anything and all he did was watch the game and sign autograghs in between games.Carried himself in a professional manner.

Yea, and thats why UK is losing the recruiting battle to NC, Duke, and even TN now.

I've got a Ideal. Lets start throwing the Refs. out for not knowing how to call a game. The TSSAA has some of the worst Refs. in the country. There are some good ones, but far to many bad ones are on the payroll.

pearl isa loud mouth that just wants to been seen and heard.what would have happen if that was a high school coach?You know the answer. All he wants to do is tobeen seen and heard.

Have you ever heard of a college coach getting ejected while scouting a high school game?

We only heard about it because we live in TN and it was local news. Its not like it was on ESPN's top 10 plays of the week or CNN with Anderson Cooper. Im sure that there have been other college coaches who have been tossed from HS games, but its not covered by national tv.