Who is the best Coach in Tennessee?

Icy

Must excel in all areas:

Qualifications: Coaches with 5 or more years of experience

1. Good basketball Team

2. Good student athletes

3. Players are good students on and off the court.

4. Players graduate near the top of their class.

5. Great Sportmanship

6. Excellent role model for their team

Edited by Icy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must excel in all areas:

Qualifications: Coaches with 5 or more years of experience

1. Good basketball Team

2. Good student athletes

3. Players are good students on and off the court.

4. Players graduate near the top of their class.

5. Great Sportmanship

6. Excellent role model for their team

Bill Hall at Scott High School

Bill Hall at Scott High School

Jerry Peters,the coach at MUS,is the best coach in tennessee.He won his 900th game last friday vs. Houston high.

In his 40+ years of coaching he has won 16 district and 6 regional championships,won 20 or more games 25 times and has had ONLY 1 sub-.500 record[AMAZING] And is also an excellent teacher and teaches his boys how to carry themselves as young men.[something most coaches cant compare to]

Jerry Peters,the coach at MUS,is the best coach in tennessee.He won his 900th game last friday vs. Houston high.

In his 40+ years of coaching he has won 16 district and 6 regional championships,won 20 or more games 25 times and has had ONLY 1 sub-.500 record[AMAZING] And is also an excellent teacher and teaches his boys how to carry themselves as young men.[something most coaches cant compare to]

Don't know him, but based on these stats, he gets my vote.

Well I have to give Region 6AA coaches some love. :D Such as Dexter at Liberty Tech, Bolivars coach, Bramlett at Stewart Co., Wilson at Harpeth, Sycamore new coach, and Cheatham Co. coach. I haven't seen a lot of games with Sycamores new coach but hes a good one. :D

I few good ones that I know:

Ken Cutlip --Science Hill

Jody Wright -- Fulton

Kevin Thomas -- Shelbyville Central

Mark Eldridge -- Maryville (formerly Anderson County)

Mike Ogan -- Powell

Ricky Norris -- Oak Ridge

Mark Blevins -- Bearden

Well I have to give Region 6AA coaches some love. :D Such as Dexter at Liberty Tech, Bolivars coach, Bramlett at Stewart Co., Wilson at Harpeth, Sycamore new coach, and Cheatham Co. coach. I haven't seen a lot of games with Sycamores new coach but hes a good one. <_<

Bramlett from Stewart Co. has done a good job, he has coached for more than 5 years. He also has the great boys playing basketball for him. He's coached me in another sport at SC. He's the kind of coach that you feel horrible if you make any kind of mistake that he catches wind about, inside and outside of school. He just knows how to coach. :thumb:

Pete Froedden-Sycamore ;)

i agree with mr war eagles, coach froedden is a pretty good coach although his over-all record may not back it up. from what i hear he is about more than just basketball, he teaches his players respect and how to be a man. oh and i might add, coach had a pretty impressive high school and college career. anyone who has this kind of a background cant be a bad coach.