District 2-AA

Shotdoc

Claiborne won the game by 3 points, not two. They would've won bigger if Estes would've passed the ball more and the insiders would've rebounded. Sure Estes had 38 points, but his isn't the only guy out there. If he would share the ball with O'Dell and Epperson, they may have bigger wins.

The Rutledge/GP game was sickining to watch. After a terrible start, Rutledge just didn't have the motivation that they needed. Maybe if the guys actually tried to set up and run a play, they may win a game. They just wanted to shoot the ball instead of run the plays and get an inside shot.

Or just O'Dell...right KB? LOL :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reports I have heard, JoJo is still in football mode and has had a few moments where he has been lowering his shoulder and bulling his way to the hole.

As far as Skylar, he's going to have off nights. He's being asked to do a whole lot as a sophomore and he can do it, but he is a sophomore and some others will have to get more consistent in order for Rutledge to get back into contention.

As far as all the talk of them being contenders pre-season, that was from fans of other teams. Like boxn1 has said, the majority of us Rutledge fans knew that Reischling and Hudson would be difficult to replace. Right now it looks like we could upgrade that to impossible to replace.

The upside is that basketball is a tournament sport. All you have to do is improve and be playing your best by late February-early March.

I tried to tell everyone that Rutledge would struggle to replace Hudson and Reischling this year, but no one would listen. Both of those guys are playing college ball, and you don't just stick anyone in to replace guys like that. They took all of the pressure off of McBee and Horsley. I think the only people that were pushing Rutledge as a contender were the Pigeon Forge people on here. They were doing that to try and deflect the spotlight from them. As I have previously stated on here PF is the favorite and will probably not lose in the district. I do believe that Rutledge will improve, but right now they have no chemistry.

I was one that thought Rutledge would be at or near the top of the district this year. I knew that Hudson and Reischling would be tough to replace, but I thought that McBee and Horsely could get it done and that Garrett would step up. This prediction was made with the utmost respect for Rutledge. I still think they are very capable of playing better and being a contender. Remember how they started last year and how they finished.

PF and Claiborne seem to be the favorites right now, but GP and Union seem to both be playing pretty well also. I think, just like every year in this district, you will see some upsets and probably have 3 to 4 teams in the hunt in Feb.

PF fan 15. The second worst team will be in PF on Friday. You should run us out of the gym. You do have good seniors. Enjoy them. They will be gone next year. We'll see if your mouth runs as much next year with not nearly as much to back it up. You wanna bet on next year's GP-PF games? Wait till Holzer and Dyer get back. The moral of the story is this. Don't talk about other people's games. That's why they play em. You've got a good team. Be proud of em. Football wasn't so good to you, but I promise, you had some good boys, some good athletes, some good players. Sometimes, It just doesn't work out.

This game is never a blowout. It's too big of a rivalry for that. GP is playing well and has plenty of talent to compete in 2-AA. This is a big game and will be close and hard fought as always.

This game is never a blowout. It's too big of a rivalry for that. GP is playing well and has plenty of talent to compete in 2-AA. This is a big game and will be close and hard fought as always.

Do you know what your talking about? I've been to almost every PF and GP game ever. The only reason that it's not a blowout is PF takes it's starters out at the start or the middle of the 4th Qt. If pf starters stayed in the whole game GP would get beat somewhere between 35 - 50 points!