1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

What he is saying is JB had a top three defense and offense last year. At the time MP played them they were the #1 team in the state. Not ripping on JB, but MP defense did a great job as well as JB defense on MP. It was a great game. The difference was JB was a heavy senior D and MP was a heavy sophmore D.

If only he could have thrown the ball away :popcorneater: But anyway the score doesn't really tell the story of the game as far as the defense is concerned. At the half the score was only 8-6, but after half time the offense took over and put up some points. For Jo Byrns I believe there were some adjustments made on offense to the pressure that Mt. Pleasant was bringing on D that led to a much better offensive output in the second half. Then on Jo Byrns defense I honestly believe they just got tired of chasing Daily around because the tackling on our side got sloppy with too many people trying to lay the big hit and not wrapping up or just hitting Daily high and being thrown off. It seemed like all game someone was in position to tackle Daily and either they would try him high and get ran over or have a move put on them and left. But I guess the point is that both D's played a decent game, but ever mistake they did make was capatilized on by two talented offenses, and if Mt. Pleasant was that young on D and make any step forward then they should have a very good D this year. So hopefully if everything works out we will meet again for round 3.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he is saying is JB had a top three defense and offense last year. At the time MP played them they were the #1 team in the state. Not ripping on JB, but MP defense did a great job as well as JB defense on MP. It was a great game. The difference was JB was a heavy senior D and MP was a heavy sophmore D.

Thanks T87. I'm glad someone gets it besides me. :popcorneater:

Thanks T87. I'm glad someone gets it besides me. :popcorneater:

These 2 teams the last couple years have had some classic games, nailbiters for both fans,coaches and players alike, and both years the results could be reversed given a play or two here and there, seems to me for the majority the fan base and communities are into there respective team, so for each of us the time is getting nearer to keep an eye & ear on each as the season is almost here, and come nov. I think we as DEVILS & TIGERS will meet again, and for one this is the last game of the year. ( football at its best ) sucess out to you TIGERS and of coarse always GO RED DEVILS !

These 2 teams the last couple years have had some classic games, nailbiters for both fans,coaches and players alike, and both years the results could be reversed given a play or two here and there, seems to me for the majority the fan base and communities are into there respective team, so for each of us the time is getting nearer to keep an eye & ear on each as the season is almost here, and come nov. I think we as DEVILS & TIGERS will meet again, and for one this is the last game of the year. ( football at its best ) sucess out to you TIGERS and of coarse always GO RED DEVILS !

Same right back to ya'll RDM. Thanks! :popcorneater: