1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lack of experience is tough on a team. If those young players you had on defense continues to get better, you defense will show vast improvement this fall.

I hope so. The kids looked talented enough, they were just green. Could you imagine being a freshman and your first HS game was against 3A Giles Co. at their place. Even as young as they were they were good, not great, but good. I'm tired of hearing how bad they were. Bad defenses dont go to the semi-finals. SAYING THAT, they do have to prove it on the field that they have improved.

Your offense was so good last year that it was possible for them to go to the semi's with a less than average defense because you could out score everyone. The thing about it is that if you do run up against a team that slows down your offense you must find another way to win. Last year your were not able to do that. A lack of experience does that to any good team. It is very possible this year, you will be able to win the close, low scoring games and those are the types of game you usually have deep in the playoffs.

Let's see, Jo Byrns was ranked in the top 3 of the best defenses in 1A. JB also had a very strong offense that ran and threw on all other defenses they met up untill mTp.

mTp - 30 .......a very strong offense held to a minimum by a strong defense

JB - 28 ........a very strong offense held to a minimum by....what a weak defense??????

The defense is what won that game in the final seconds as JB was fixing to score by sacking a very talented Spann as QB.

People everywhere is always after us for bragging. This is why. We are not bragging we are just trying to get the respect for our boys that apparently not many is willing to give. Just keep doubting and we'll keep bragging as ya'll like to call it.

YES there is room for improvement. It's coming. Hide and watch........good grief dejavue or what?

Two teams capable of 40-60 points a game. That's a minimum.

Apparently not capable of scoring 40-60... A good defense can hold a good offense to 3 mabey 4 scores depending on the pace of a game. The score being 28-30 could have been a very close defensive battle, but the other games for both teams reflects otherwise.

Shane come up to my place last night and lifted and he said that the camp was a little diff from last year, I took it as being more demanding of the position and responsibilities as a QB, which is a good thing for building character and leadership qualities for the one who will be running the offence come friday nights and up and coming leaders. As for losses at JB we had a few, offence is pretty stable still need a couple guys to step up in a couple spots and they will cause the work ethic has been great, defence is really the only real concern I think ( my opinion ) but with a month of practice and a couple of fall scrimages the Devil coaching staff will find the right fit at LB's thats really the only position that left the biggest hole, some of my buddy's think that JB has the potential to do what they have done the last couple of years,hard work and dedication will show up, the DEVILS will have another stellar season and make another run come playoff time. Keep an eye out for these names this year for JB-QB Shane Spann - TB,CB Orlando Taylor- WR,S Kurt Reeves-WR,Rov Arron Yates OL,DL Brett Worsham & Matt Bohler. Thanx ZP for the pic and comments on Shane, GO RED DEVILS

No problem. I'll be keeping an eye on JB

3 South Pitt-They also return alot of quality football players with plenty of experience. We scrimmaged them at the end of spring and let me say, they are fast. These guys can run and they will give many quality football teams problems with their speed alone. Only question mark is thier leadership. I don't know this for myself, but many other posters have commented on this.

We have a couple of kids that can move pretty well but you guys still hit hard. Nobody better overlook TC. SP's kids are growing up a little. We will see if they mature enough

Apparently not capable of scoring 40-60... A good defense can hold a good offense to 3 mabey 4 scores depending on the pace of a game. The score being 28-30 could have been a very close defensive battle, but the other games for both teams reflects otherwise.

Mt. Pleasant 41

Mt. Pleasant 43

Mt. Pleasant 45

Mt. Pleasant 68

Mt. Pleasant 56

Mt. Pleasant 53

Jo Byrns 54

Jo Byrns 43

Jo Byrns 43

Jo Byrns 40

Jo Byrns 49

Not capable????? :popcorneater:

The only 1A team to keep mTp under 30 points was JCS(best defense in 1A and state champs) so don't even go there.

Look I fully understand that the best defenses will hold best offenses at bay I'm not retarded. That's what happened at JCS. I'm not proclaimig mTp to be at that level...yet. But these guys deserve more respect than what some are giving. Almost every game would have been shutouts for mTp if coach Smith would have left the 1st string in.

Edited by Big Bigby

28 is not a minimum...if you are proud about holding a team to 28 points, then you are retarded

What he is saying is JB had a top three defense and offense last year. At the time MP played them they were the #1 team in the state. Not ripping on JB, but MP defense did a great job as well as JB defense on MP. It was a great game. The difference was JB was a heavy senior D and MP was a heavy sophmore D.