Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the hard efforts of the Mt. Pleasant radio station, enough so that we have been advertising our Lewis County business with the station for the past 3 years.

I find it unsettling that a few bad apples have pretty much dominated this entire thread. If you read all 5o plus pages, you will see that most of the posters are simply imtelligent, loyal supporters of their program and that is perfectly fine. There is never any room for the junk that some people can't seem to live without.

Mt. Pleasant has a very fine Class A team and are a program that should be winners for years to come. Lewis County is the exact same for Class 2-A. I was around in the 1970's and 80's when these two teams played almost every year for the right to represent their district/region in the playoffs. I am happy to see the rivalry renewed. I am sure that it will not be one sided.

I was happy for the Panthers, an impressive win over a top 5 Class team. Mt. Pleasnat should be proud to have stood toe to toe with a top 5 AA team... nuff said.

The ominous thing for our team is that we must still deal with the "privates" come playoff time. And not to beat a dead horse but how level is a playing field where a "small Class-AA private school" (Goodpasture) can defeat a large Class 5-A state runnerup in Ravenwood? It makes me respect Carlton Flatt and Brentwood Academy even more. When they got to the point they could beat 5-A schools, they moved up to 5-A... It takes a good set to admit that the deck is stacked and obviously, it is still stacked for AA schools.

Good luck to Mt. Pleasant this season. Put this one behind you and I for one look forward to supporting your efforts the rest of the season.

Good luck to the Panthers. It makes my job a lot easier when you give me good headlines.. lol

Don.......just like we view Goodpasture...I'm sure GP look at Alcoa. The past couple of years they have owned by Alcoa.

Word is.....CPA might be the team that can deal with goodpasture this year!

So your saying this year, we could get to watch an entirely different private school get drilled by Alcoa in the Championship..... yah :roflol:

So your saying this year, we could get to watch an entirely different private school get drilled by Alcoa in the Championship..... yah :roflol:

Not sure of which one........but either .............and its Alcoa for them.

All other 2A try and go as far as they can...Milan Huntington, Camden , Lewis etc......eventually...its "Private time" waiting......but......any of these will certainly give it their all! It really is a sad situation that they sit there year in year out and not playing in the right division they should other than 2A. GP beating Ravenwood......about says it all!

Not sure of which one........but either .............and its Alcoa for them.

All other 2A try and go as far as they can...Milan Huntington, Camden , Lewis etc......eventually...its "Private time" waiting......but......any of these will certainly give it their all! It really is a sad situation that they sit there year in year out and not playing in the right division they should other than 2A. GP beating Ravenwood......about says it all!

Your clearly a Anti-private supporter, which in my experience with mt. pleasant is how they all are.

Regardless of that, how does goodpasture beating ravenwood "Say it all"? and what would you say if Alcoa beat Marryville at their rivallry game? (lets face it, maryville is better than ravenwood). Just so food for thought not trying to turn this into a public private debate or anything...

Wrong on that anti-private supporter........More like a Level field supporter. We all know Alcoa may be classified 2A in numbers.....but the way they get their talent .......is alot differant than LCHS, CAMDEN ETC.

They only have young men that live there......for the parents reason...not for the childs football. Enough of this......starting to rant I think.

BTW...no worry from me turning it in to a private-public debate.....I'm not smart enough and I do know my limitations...lol!

Wrong on that anti-private supporter........More like a Level field supporter. We all know Alcoa may be classified 2A in numbers.....but the way they get their talent .......is alot differant than LCHS, CAMDEN ETC.

They only have young men that live there......for the parents reason...not for the childs football. Enough of this......starting to rant I think.

BTW...no worry from me turning it in to a private-public debate.....I'm not smart enough and I do know my limitations...lol!

LOL, i agree with you on the debate. I have made my oppinions very clear on it and i am one of the few private school supporters who will tell you that there is a difference and something needs to be done. I however would like to give it a few more years to see how well the multipier works out before i jump the gun and say "split them". (oh bye the way, i don't really care what problems 2A or up has, i just want 1A to be as level as possible :roflol: )

good game last night by both teams. to those who are saying marco was provoked. that might be true but he needs to be the bigger man if he intends to play college he is going to have to deal with that stuff. the lewis co. player should know better too. that is very immature and unsportsmanlike but it happens. they both should be disciplined by their coaches .. and i dont mean suspending them just make them run some sprints or something like that. well any ways good luck too both the rest of the year.