New Nashville-area Youth Wrestling Club

BigRedCoach

Announcing the establishment of the Southside Wrestling Club, a youth wrestling club open to boys in Kindergarten to 8th grade. Practices will be held on Sundays from 2:00-4:00pm and Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30pm in the Montgomery Bell Academy wrestling room. MBA is located at 4001 Harding Road, Nashville, TN, 37205. The start date is Sunday (1/7/07) and will run through March 2007. Contact Jay M. Jenkins for additional information at 423-4237 or jenkinj@montgomerybell.com

Surely there can't be more than one Jeff Williams in Mt. Juliet. I wrestled with a Jeff and Sid Williams a long time ago at Apollo and Antioch.

You guy's will really have fun with the clubs. My son and I spent 4 years at the Williamson County Wrestling club and traveled all over the southeast wrestling. He's a senior now so I'm thinking about doing the club thing again next year.

Glad to see new clubs in the Middle TN area. We need to up the anti for the Chattanooga guys!

Have Fun

Eddie Parker ;)

Surely there can't be more than one Jeff Williams in Mt. Juliet. I wrestled with a Jeff and Sid Williams a long time ago at Apollo and Antioch.

You guy's will really have fun with the clubs. My son and I spent 4 years at the Williamson County Wrestling club and traveled all over the southeast wrestling. He's a senior now so I'm thinking about doing the club thing again next year.

Glad to see new clubs in the Middle TN area. We need to up the anti for the Chattanooga guys!

Have Fun

Eddie Parker ;)

Ed, there are two! There was a Jeff Williams @ MJ (167) who graduated

in '80. He was a great wrestler back in those days. You know, when there was actually a District Tournament before Regionals and heavyweights were really big! The "Bear Club" Coach wrestled

at a lighter weight in high school. He is also younger than the '80's Jeff.

It's great that MBA is going to have their own club but what is the deal with you guys and Nashville Catholic Youth Wrestling? Have they not been sending you their best wrestlers for the past few seasons? I have been told that you guys have a past due invoice to Nashville Catholic for training your wrestlers, when do you plan to pay that invoice? It's hard to understand why MBA will not pay their bills.

It's great that MBA is going to have their own club but what is the deal with you guys and Nashville Catholic Youth Wrestling? Have they not been sending you their best wrestlers for the past few seasons? I have been told that you guys have a past due invoice to Nashville Catholic for training your wrestlers, when do you plan to pay that invoice? It's hard to understand why MBA will not pay their bills.

It is true that some former NCW wrestlers have joined the Big Red Microbe program in recent years. It is also true that NCW sent us an invoice for services rendered due to the fact that a few of those wrestlers went on to be HVAC Champions. However, since the wrestlers NCW sent over to MBA had been so poorly coached (especially by some former referee over there who was attempting to imitate a wrestling coach) and had to be completely retrained, the Big Red elected not to pay the invoice because, in fact, no services had been rendered. :thumb:

Does this mean that Eli K. is 1/3 Copperhead, 1/3 Big Red and 1/3 NCW? We defectors to the other side of the upper divisions of feeder clubs think that services are rendered in both cases, to the Big Red Machine and the almighty Purple. MJBCW takes the stand of neutrality between both clubs. MJBCW will host if need be, talks to encourage a kinder, gentler relationship between all clubs. These talks could and should be held at venues where refreshments are available. All representatives of clubs must take a hydration test before and after unilateral talks are concluded. If any representatives fail the hydration test, we will resume talks until hydration is achieved.

• 4 weeks later...

My 13 year old attended the first session yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Coach J is really a talented teacher and did a great job with fundamentals for kids in a wide age range. My kid had a great time and so did I, and I would encourage interested wrestlers to check this out.

Edited by StarRaider