C. Coffee

HSDAD

Another famous Bowden quote was, "Boys will be boys" concerning the scandal where the players were getting free clothing at local stores. From what I've read of Bowden, he considers the overall conduct of the kid and reacts accordingly. Again, I don't kow this young man so this may not apply in his case.

Vol,

Stealing is stealing & it does not matter how anyone tries to spin it, stealing is wrong we can all agree on that one.

For some reason private schools are giving students the option of withdrawing before they are being expelled. Do you know why they are doing this?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it is not the same as moving across town. the kid stole highly expensive electronic equipment from other people and tried to sell it and got caught and booted. it makes me sick to know that people support him being able to compete after this. if it was anyone but coffe we would be outraged and side with him being unable to compete. are we in tennessee more concerned with making a name for our wrestling community on a national scene (assuming coffe will wrestle nationaly and he would probably do well) that we sacrifice our morals to make it happen? i like what bobby bowden once said, " its not about winning but winning the right way" the coaches at his new school should not allow him to compete better yet, instead of selling the house you should make him sit and watch what he is missing out on and make him see what a horrific thing he has done. if my son did this i would punish him not look for a way to squeak him out of a mess HE MADE.

i like what bobby bowden once said, " its not about winning but winning the right way"

I almost threw up a little in my mouth. How in the world would Bowden know about that?

Using him in an argument about ethics in sports and dealing with kids who run afoul of the rules

is hilarious.

TSSAA is not blind. There are alot of rules about moving, transporting of kids, changing of residence, etc.... I just hope that the decision is based

on the rules and not on his performance as an athelete.

While we all know what he did. But if he did withdraw all the family has to say is we could no longer afford our old house and had to move. Due to our recient move it is no longer possible for our family to get him to PjP(sense there is no bus to PjP from their new apt) and in order for him to go to school it will have to be at CHS. That is their argument and because TSSAA will only have that he withdrew if they win that ruling all they can say is a child can not be force to quit a sport based on a family's move. He will end up wrestle and will win this case it is only a matter of time.

cbg - I agree, there is no room on whether stealing is right or wrong. I am not intending to put a spin on this topic as I have no personal knowledge of this young man or the reasons surrounding his change of school unless posts from a message board are now considered fact. I will bet however that there are a lot of good folks in this world that have stolen something at one time or another in their youth and I'm glad we're not a society that chops their hands off on the first offense. I'm also not a big fan of the "No Tolerence" policies of our local public school system. IMHO, using a cookbook approach to deal with the mistakes of young people is the lazy and easy way out for the administrators. I hope that the folks in authority to correct young people everywhere look at the total kid and take into account if the wrong behavior is the norm or a bump in the road.

My guess on the private schools not expelling kids is due to the contracts signed when payment is tendered at the beginning of the school year. At the Blue and Red schools, they keep the money even if junior doesn't get to stay. Just a guess.

What will the punishment be?

Why do you care? Are you afraid if he is allowed to wrestle that he will come steal things from you? Do you really think not wrestling this season will be "THE ACTION" that will determine whether this fellow will ever mess up again (assuming he has messed up since its still only a bunch of internet gossip)? Do you fear a rash of wrestlers turning to theft based on what happens in this case? I'll bet you're a Jehovah's witness as your house must not have any windows.

No offense intended toward any Jehovah's witness, that's the only buildings I know of that don't have windows in my parts.

Why do you care? Are you afraid if he is allowed to wrestle that he will come steal things from you? Do you really think not wrestling this season will be "THE ACTION" that will determine whether this fellow will ever mess up again (assuming he has messed up since its still only a bunch of internet gossip)? Do you fear a rash of wrestlers turning to theft based on what happens in this case? I'll bet you're a Jehovah's witness as your house must not have any windows.

No offense intended toward any Jehovah's witness, that's the only buildings I know of that don't have windows in my parts.

what do you get when you cross a Jehovah's witness with an atheist?

someone who knocks at your door for no apparent reason. :lol:

no offense intended to atheists or JW's. (disclaimer)

I care because there should be punishment for what he has done. That is why we have rules. I guess by your comments, you believe he should be allowed to wrestle and do as he pleases. Are you friends with the family, maybe they helped you with a problem or something else? This is not internet gossip, this happened. Maybe you need to come out of your Jehovah's witness house and see what's real!

This is the reason McCallie got in trouble because they broke the rules. That's why all schools get in trouble because they break the rules. However, you feel different about this wrestler.

P.S. Put your sunglasses on because it is bright outside.

TCB

Edited by hoosierdad

I care because there should be punishment for what he has done.

TCB

I'll sleep better tonight knowing your on PUNISHMENT PATROL. Has it occurred to you that getting booted out of school or withdrawing whatever the case was serves as enough punishment. You seem very eager for the kid to lose any opportunity to wrestle again, that begs the question do you have a 215lb wrestler?

I'll sleep better tonight knowing your on PUNISHMENT PATROL. Has it occurred to you that getting booted out of school or withdrawing whatever the case was serves as enough punishment. You seem very eager for the kid to lose any opportunity to wrestle again, that begs the question do you have a 215lb wrestler?

I agree and all the above self serving posturing aside, the joke was pretty dad gum funny

WWLD?

What would Logsdon do?

Off the team. There's got to be consequences for crimes - sit out a year. There's got to be redemption - come back the next after you've learned your lesson. One of the main problems with college athletes who continually get into trouble is that all through their lives, their athletic ability is used as a "get out of jail for free card". Learning a tough lesson now might be the best thing that comes out of this.