South Pittsburg" new gymnasium

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate asks do you know where they have practice?

Practice is at either the elementry school, the old armory or occasionally the Chuch of God. HS teams get first pic of practice times at the ES so the Jr High teams have been limited the most. The floor on the armory is slick concrete so practicing there risks injuries. The city promised to make some improvements at the armory but that hasn't happened yet. The church has helped when possible but they have their own activities also.

The HS has to play most of their home games at other schools because the ES gym is limited to a small number of bleachers on one side. At least the smaller crowds at Jr High games has allowed us to play our home games there.

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? I'm sure I read where the original architect drawings were for a free standing building built on flat ground, not one built on sloping ground and attached to another building. That was the reason reported for the discrepancy in the estimates. Not saying your wrong, but I believe the architect isn't the person primarily responsible for the present fiasco.

I'm not talking about drawings or bids. The architect recomended tearing the old gym down before bids were let. It should have never been torn down until after the season was over and all bids/construction details were finalized. We could have been using the gym while all the problems were worked out. Now we will be without a gym for 2 seasons instead of just one. The bid problems are a whole different subject

"Anex" is spelled a-n-n-e-x.

whew. bet mama is proud of that private school edukation there gracie boy. didnt know that this was spelling/grammer class. woulda dun a better job at spell checking. all this bantering back and forth and the only thang that you could come up with wuz a misspelled word. smart. real smart. :D

whew. bet mama is proud of that private school edukation there gracie boy. didnt know that this was spelling/grammer class. woulda dun a better job at spell checking. all this bantering back and forth and the only thang that you could come up with wuz a misspelled word. smart. real smart. :D

You sure told him........feel better now...... :D