Chris Donald

Big Country

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Wilson (Broncos), Omar Gaither (Eagles), Kevin Simon (Redskins), Kevin Burnett (Cowboys), Keyon Whiteside (Colts), Eddie Moore (Dolphins), Lenard Little (Rams)(LB and DE at UT), Eric Westmoreland (Jaguars), Dominique Stevenson (Bills), and Raynoch Thompson (Cardinals) all in the past eight years, and Marvin Mitchell this year, would each probaly agree that they are glad they decided to play linebacker at Tennessee. :( The NFL seems to like linebackers who are developed at Tennessee. I'm not so sure about ND's recent NFL LB history. :(

If ND played in a conferance they wouldn't, they wouldn't be in a BCS game. They should have to earn it like every other team does, not living off of hype from the past. If ND were in the SEC, hello Liberty Bowl. :lol:

A few facts about the "almighty" university of Notre Dame.

- They haven't won a bowl game in over 12 years

- They have a losing bowl record

- Their record in the last 50 years isnt even in the top 10

- The town of South Bend is a dump

- There are no good looking girls in South Bend...they ship in hookers from Chicago for the big recruiting weekends.

- They are a good academic school, but certainly not a Harvard or a Yale.

Nothing wrong with going to Notre Dame, but they aren't as great as their more delusional fans would have you believe.

Interesting. These are the exact words posted by someone on this board back in October--about South Bend and the girls there, even the Chicago hookers. At least come up with something original. For whatever it is worth, South Bend has a higher per capita income and a lower % of its population living below the poverty level than does Knoxville. Where is your evidence for the hookers from Chicago? Is this one of those "my uncle told me his cousin's nephew knew a guy who...."

kinda things? "They are a good academic school, but certainly not a Harvard or a Yale." What is the relevance of that. Is Donald considering Harvard or Yale? They are certainly not a University of Tennessee either. I'd be interested in knowing just what your opinion of Tennessee's academics and its graduation rate really is.

And...Notre Dame doesn't used the FBI's "Most Wanted" posters as its recruiting guide, either.

Edited by Augielio

Interesting. These are the exact words posted by someone on this board back in October--about South Bend and the girls there, even the Chicago hookers. At least come up with something original. For whatever it is worth, South Bend has a higher per capita income and a lower % of its population living below the poverty level than does Knoxville. Where is your evidence for the hookers from Chicago? Is this one of those "my uncle told me his cousin's nephew knew a guy who...."

kinda things? "They are a good academic school, but certainly not a Harvard or a Yale." What is the relevance of that. Is Donald considering Harvard or Yale? They are certainly not a University of Tennessee either. I'd be interested in knowing just what your opinion of Tennessee's academics and its graduation rate really is.

And...Notre Dame doesn't used the FBI's "Most Wanted" posters as its recruiting guide, either.

Delusional fan exhibit A.

Delusional fan exhibit A.

How was his post delusional? After scanning through this thread, you appear to be the most delusional poster on here. And you're obviously a Volunteer homer. How many times have you been to the city of South Bend or Notre Dame? Notre Dame's an unbelievable school, and not many kids are blessed with the opportunity to attend a school of that caliber, let alone play football for the Irish. Tennessee, is a great program in its own right, and I know Chris will do well wherever he chooses. The kid has his mind made up, so lets all just sit back and let him announce his decision, and then support him wherever he goes.

It would be nice to see ND join the Big 10 but its never going to happen. Theres one reason for this. Money. ND has an exclusive TV deal with NBC and not to mention the bowl money. Normally the bowl money would be split evenly throughout the conference just like in the SEC. ND keeps all the money from there bowl and this year that will be 10,000,000 +++. Not sure on excact amount. The Priest at ND like there $.

Al Wilson (Broncos), Omar Gaither (Eagles), Kevin Simon (Redskins), Kevin Burnett (Cowboys), Keyon Whiteside (Colts), Eddie Moore (Dolphins), Lenard Little (Rams)(LB and DE at UT), Eric Westmoreland (Jaguars), Dominique Stevenson (Bills), and Raynoch Thompson (Cardinals) all in the past eight years, and Marvin Mitchell this year, would each probaly agree that they are glad they decided to play linebacker at Tennessee. :thumb: The NFL seems to like linebackers who are developed at Tennessee. I'm not so sure about ND's recent NFL LB history. :)

If ND played in a conferance they wouldn't, they wouldn't be in a BCS game. They should have to earn it like every other team does, not living off of hype from the past. If ND were in the SEC, hello Liberty Bowl. :)

Those are all great FOOTBALL players and UT has a great FOOTBALL team. One day they hope to have a school the football team can be proud of. How many of those guys could qualify at ND? I know you don't care, but ND folks do. A lot.

Seriously, what people often fail to appreciate is that ND has the most storied football history in the country. Others have great programs, but none have the total package ND has. No brag. Fact. ND fans also don't feel the need to constantly knock other schools to boost the school. The numbers, past and present, do that for them - Second all-time winning percentage, second all-time wins, more national titles, most Heisman winners (tie), most all-Americans and most academic all-Americans, most College and NFL hall-of-famers.

What it also has that many folks don't appreciate is the combination of academics and athletics. I'd be willing to bet few on here can name UT's graduation rate, or care. ND's is always above 95 percent and that includes ALL athletes black and white.

As for the conference argument, do your own thinking and do some research before you post. ND's schedule is always among the toughest in the country and they take on all comers across the country. Always have. That's how they built their so-called unwarranted reputation. They also have requirements to meet before making BCS games, as set up by the BCS, including your own Roy Kramer.

ND stunk post Holtz no doubt. No argument here at all, but it doesn't change its place in college football.

BTW, its bowl payout is equal now to what a conference school will get, about $4.5 million thanks to the "brilliant" negotiation of AD Kevin White, the same guy who hired Willingham.

Read more, post less

"It's better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

If you're going to be "writin on the wall," you need to learn to write. Periods and commas do exist...grammar does exist. Dare you to check out the link cited below by "Rabble Rouser" about players in the pros, graduation rates, etc. Who put the most players in the pros in the last 10 years? HINT: The team isn't located in a city which starts with "K." Who has the highest graduation rate among the players it sent to the pros? HINT: The team isn't in a city which starts with "K." Weis has been at Notre Dame 2 years; what big things has Fulmer done in the past two years?

OMG! :thumb: I`M SORRY I DID`NT KNOW THIS WAS A WRITING CLASS I THOUGHT THIS WAS COACH T. I GUESS I HIT A NERVE AND THAT WAS THE ONLY THING YOU COULD COME UP WITH.

NICE COME BACK :)

Edited by writin_on_the wall

A reponse :

I'll concede the knocks on South Bend and the coed population up front. No contest, except to say that Knoxville is hardly Paris. Might even call it even, save for the female issue.

I can give you two reasons for the 12 year debacle - Davie and Willingham. Two bad coaches and the University paid dearly for it.

As for the bowls, ND didn't go to any bowl games from 1925-1970. In fact, until the polls started using bowls to determine national champions in the early '70s, they did not go because it interfered with academics, and because they went out west in 1925 and spent almost two weeks barnstorming before returning to campus. The priests took offense and ruled no more bowl games.

They are 13-14 overall in bowl games. Take away the Tyrone and

Davie years (if only it were possible) and the record looks different..

Might also add that Tyrone Willingham, the worst coach in ND history, beat UT in Knoxville and I'm pretty sure you would qualify that as recent history. I think even Weis beat them...with Tyrone's recruits. I think that makes them, what 2-0 against the big Orange in recent games. Yikes.

YEAH YOU ARE RIGHT AND I THINK COACH FULMER BEAT ND AT ND WITH THE GREAT HOLTS AS THE MAN THERE. :thumb: