Chris Donald

Big Country

Interesting. These are the exact words posted by someone on this board back in October--about South Bend and the girls there, even the Chicago hookers. At least come up with something original. For whatever it is worth, South Bend has a higher per capita income and a lower % of its population living below the poverty level than does Knoxville. Where is your evidence for the hookers from Chicago? Is this one of those "my uncle told me his cousin's nephew knew a guy who...."

kinda things? "They are a good academic school, but certainly not a Harvard or a Yale." What is the relevance of that. Is Donald considering Harvard or Yale? They are certainly not a University of Tennessee either. I'd be interested in knowing just what your opinion of Tennessee's academics and its graduation rate really is.

And...Notre Dame doesn't used the FBI's "Most Wanted" posters as its recruiting guide, either.

WELL SOUNDS TO ME LIKE ND IS RECRUITING THE SAME PLAYERS TENNESSEE AND PROLLY EVERY OTHER D1 SCHOOL IS. SO I GUESS THEY ARE ALL RECRUITING FROM THE F.B.I. LIST . IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE 4 AND 5 STAR RECRUITS ILL BET N.D. TENN. AND MOST ALL OTHER BIG FOOTBALL SCHOOLS HAVE TRYED TO RECRUIT THEM. :thumb:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH YOU ARE RIGHT AND I THINK COACH FULMER BEAT ND AT ND WITH THE GREAT HOLTS AS THE MAN THERE. :thumb:

Gosh, that was SOOOOO long ago, I don't remember. I thought we were avoiding ancient history, but I'm pretty sure Majors was the coach then anyway.

Anyway, Chris Donald is going to UT and I wish him luck and a great career after football.

Gosh, that was SOOOOO long ago, I don't remember. I thought we were avoiding ancient history, but I'm pretty sure Majors was the coach then anyway.

Anyway, Chris Donald is going to UT and I wish him luck and a great career after football.

Not ancient history, but "covenient" history right? :angry: Name 4 ND victories, UT fans name 4, so no need to go there. Plus, this is Tennessee Volunteer country, so it's unrealistic to expect football fans in TENNESSEE to just nod in agreement when Notre Dame fans start chirping about the Irish.

That said, ND has more great tradition than any other university in football, they keep their academic standards, and their fans are usually knowledgeable respectful. I wish I could say all that for UT. I think Chris Donald should go to UT if he wants to become a great linebacker and have a chance to play in the NFL. Tennessee turns out quality all-american-all-sec-type linebackers almost every year. John Chavis is a quality defensive coach, as good as there is in college football, so if I were wanting to become a great linebacker I'd be there learning from one of the best. There's not many schools with more recent history of turning out great defensive players than UT.

Patrick Turner did not grow up a huge UT fan. Chris Donald did. Also, considering that this topic is about Chris Donald, the fact that 99% of ND students graduate is irrelevant. Donald will graduate from any university he chooses to attend, unless he chooses to go pro after 3 years at UT. After all, UT is known for putting defensive players into the NFL (UT=19, ND=11). Oh, and Charlie Weis will not have a 10-win season next year.......mark it down!

You need to sell drugs not take them :angry:

If ND is so brilliant then why did it take so long for them to find out that George O'Leary did not have a degree and lied about his past coaching and playing careers.

When you start talking about graduation rates, the reason UT's is not as high as ND's is because we develope our players so well that they leave early to go to the NFL. :angry:

Face it, if ND had to play an SEC schedule they would never play in a BCS game. If Donald and Smith want to come to UT then we will be glad to have them but if they don't want to be here then we don't want them here. Fulmer said it himself that he would love to have them but it they are happier somewhere else then they need to go.

IT'S JUST CONFUSING TO ME WHY ANYONE WHO IS FROM,LIVES OR GREW UP IN TENNESSEE WOULD PULL FOR ANY OTHER SCHOOL OTHER THAN THEIR OWN STATE SCHOOLS. I'M BORN AND BRED TENNESEEAN AND I 'VE BEEN A VOL FAN SINCE I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO WALK. IF I WAS FROM ANYWHERE ELSE I WOULD BE PULLING FOR THAT STATE'S SCHOOLS. I GUESS WHAT I'M SAYING IS, IF YOU GUYS ARE SUCH DIE-HARD IRISH FANS THEN WHY DON'T YOU MOVE TO SOUTH BEND OR SOMEWHERE IN INDIANA. I'M SURE THEY OFFER JOB'S TO WANNABE YANKEES. GIVE IT A TRY, WE WANT MISS YALL AT ALL.

KNOW HOW YOU CAN TELL IF A NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL PLAYER HAS A GIRLFRIEND?--- THERE'S TOBACCO SPIT ON BOTH SIDES OF HIS TRUCK!!

ONLY ONE THING WORSE THAN A NOTRE DAME FAN, THAT'S A MICHIGAN FAN. MAN THOSE ARE SOME STUPID LOOKING HELMETS!!

-----------GO VOLS---------- with or without donald, one man don't make a team!

IT'S JUST CONFUSING TO ME WHY ANYONE WHO IS FROM,LIVES OR GREW UP IN TENNESSEE WOULD PULL FOR ANY OTHER SCHOOL OTHER THAN THEIR OWN STATE SCHOOLS. I'M BORN AND BRED TENNESEEAN AND I 'VE BEEN A VOL FAN SINCE I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO WALK. IF I WAS FROM ANYWHERE ELSE I WOULD BE PULLING FOR THAT STATE'S SCHOOLS. I GUESS WHAT I'M SAYING IS, IF YOU GUYS ARE SUCH DIE-HARD IRISH FANS THEN WHY DON'T YOU MOVE TO SOUTH BEND OR SOMEWHERE IN INDIANA. I'M SURE THEY OFFER JOB'S TO WANNABE YANKEES. GIVE IT A TRY, WE WANT MISS YALL AT ALL.

KNOW HOW YOU CAN TELL IF A NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL PLAYER HAS A GIRLFRIEND?--- THERE'S TOBACCO SPIT ON BOTH SIDES OF HIS TRUCK!!

ONLY ONE THING WORSE THAN A NOTRE DAME FAN, THAT'S A MICHIGAN FAN. MAN THOSE ARE SOME STUPID LOOKING HELMETS!!

-----------GO VOLS---------- with or without donald, one man don't make a team!

Coach T is quite popular as a sports website; a lot of people have posted a whole lot of statements on here, but yours has to be the most stupid ever!--":No more calls, we have a winner!". Why "Anyone who is from, lives, or grew up in Tennessee would pull for any other school....." is a comment right out of the 19th century. I don't doubt that it is confusing to you. I suspect a lot of things are confusing to you.

If people never traveled over 50 miles from home, never saw another team play, never heard another team's games on the radio, then such "my state teams or nothing" nonsense would be stupid but understandably stupid. To suggest that there is something wrong with people who watch football all the time, see most or all of the teams, then use their own preferences and judgment to choose the ones they prefer--to suggest that these people are misinformed or misguided while those who look around and say "I was born in ____ Tennessee, guess I'm a Vol for life." I was born in Tennessee, graduated Vanderbilt, taught and coached in Tennessee and have the right to support any college team(s) I choose, something which no other "born and bred Tennessean" can take away and no other "born and bred Tennessean" with one eye and half sense would even want to take away.

Applying your theory of who should support whom, I'm sure you would feel that all the football fans in Florida should root for Florida, want their sons to go to Florida to play....same for Virginia, California, etc. You see where that would lead, I guess. If Tennessee had to play a Southeastern Conference schedule with only

"born and bred Tennesseans" against Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Alabama players who were "born and bred" sons of their states, Tennessee would never have a .500 season and you could convert the upper half of Neyland Stadium into housing for marriage students.

Or, what about the poor fellow who was born in Georgia, moved to South Carolina and lived there 10 years, then had his company transfer him to Mississippi? This poor fellow knows where he was "born" but is mixed up about where he was/is "bred" (which, incidentally, is a term that I thought was reserved for horses, dogs, and four-legged creatures in general). Apart from feeling sorry for this poor fellow, what is your opinion about who he should pull for on Saturdays?

Your joke (?) about Notre Dame fans and tobacco spit is kinda funny--not as funny as it was when it appeared a couple of decades ago, but funny. Not as funny as it was when it was applied to Arkansans, Mississippians, Alabamians, Georgians and all the others over the years. I am pleased to see that it has reached your part of the country. I wouldn't mind comparing tobacco chewing tendencies of Tennesseans with those of any other state.

As for people who are not Tennessee fans moving out of state to be near their favorite teams, (a) think about those who would be leaving and, worse, ( :lol: think about those who would be left. Such a suggestion makes about as much sense as my suggestion to you to move to Knoxville to be nearer Mecca.

I don't suggest that--but I do suggest that all of you save "the dawg44" post above; it's a classic.

Edited by Augielio

Coach T is quite popular as a sports website; a lot of people have posted a whole lot of statements on here, but yours has to be the most stupid ever!--":No more calls, we have a winner!". Why "Anyone who is from, lives, or grew up in Tennessee would pull for any other school....." is a comment right out of the 19th century. I don't doubt that it is confusing to you. I suspect a lot of things are confusing to you.

If people never traveled over 50 miles from home, never saw another team play, never heard another team's games on the radio, then such "my state teams or nothing" nonsense would be stupid but understandably stupid. To suggest that there is something wrong with people who watch football all the time, see most or all of the teams, then use their own preferences and judgment to choose the ones they prefer--to suggest that these people are misinformed or misguided while those who look around and say "I was born in ____ Tennessee, guess I'm a Vol for life." I was born in Tennessee, graduated Vanderbilt, taught and coached in Tennessee and have the right to support any college team(s) I choose, something which no other "born and bred Tennessean" can take away and no other "born and bred Tennessean" with one eye and half sense would even want to take away.

Applying your theory of who should support whom, I'm sure you would feel that all the football fans in Florida should root for Florida, want their sons to go to Florida to play....same for Virginia, California, etc. You see where that would lead, I guess. If Tennessee had to play a Southeastern Conference schedule with only

"born and bred Tennesseans" against Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Alabama players who were "born and bred" sons of their states, Tennessee would never have a .500 season and you could convert the upper half of Neyland Stadium into housing for marriage students.

Or, what about the poor fellow who was born in Georgia, moved to South Carolina and lived there 10 years, then had his company transfer him to Mississippi? This poor fellow knows where he was "born" but is mixed up about where he was/is "bred" (which, incidentally, is a term that I thought was reserved for horses, dogs, and four-legged creatures in general). Apart from feeling sorry for this poor fellow, what is your opinion about who he should pull for on Saturdays?

Your joke (?) about Notre Dame fans and tobacco spit is kinda funny--not as funny as it was when it appeared a couple of decades ago, but funny. Not as funny as it was when it was applied to Arkansans, Mississippians, Alabamians, Georgians and all the others over the years. I am pleased to see that it has reached your part of the country. I wouldn't mind comparing tobacco chewing tendencies of Tennesseans with those of any other state.

As for people who are not Tennessee fans moving out of state to be near their favorite teams, (a) think about those who would be leaving and, worse, ( :lol: think about those who would be left. Such a suggestion makes about as much sense as my suggestion to you to move to Knoxville to be nearer Mecca.

I don't suggest that--but I do suggest that all of you save "the dawg44" post above; it's a classic.

i see you've put alot of thought in the book you wrote above. only proves one thing to me, and that is you're one of those wannabe yankees. oh yeah, and while you're at it, since you seem to like to write books(see above post) why don't you bend over, place you're head between you're legs and kiss you're own butt. that way you can make you're novel a true love story!---GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

it is great to be a Tennessee Vol! As a member of the Pride, let me say that Donald will make a good choice coming to UT. It is a great football environment, and he wont be disappointed with the choice. Im sure he has dreamed of running through the T since he was a little kid. Knoxville is amazing on Saturdays, and he will have unbelievable fan support. Chris, I look forward to opening the T for you and the rest of the Vols next year.

There is nothing wrong with Notre Dame, either. Great school, great tradition. Last year, Notre Dame had the nicest fans, and they were nothing short of hospitable. Not everyone from Tennessee is dumb or a criminal, as some of the people on here are saying. South Bend is not a "dump", nor is Knoxville. Good luck to both schools, and especially to Chris Donald.

One last thing........ GO VOLS!!!!

i see you've put alot of thought in the book you wrote above. only proves one thing to me, and that is you're one of those wannabe yankees. oh yeah, and while you're at it, since you seem to like to write books(see above post) why don't you bend over, place you're head between you're legs and kiss you're own butt. that way you can make you're novel a true love story!---GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like a 48 year old guy who still wears a purple #44 jersey to Milan football games. :angry::lol: