Is Ga ahead of Tn?

mohawke

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not believe some of the scores by the Ga wrestlers against some of our best Tn wrestlers. How did Demitrius Johnson lose by a major? No one will touch him in Tn. Not just him; I am surprised by the margin of scores some of our best boys lost. Is Ga that tough?

Demetrius was wrestling up a weight class for this tournament.

I could not believe some of the scores by the Ga wrestlers against some of our best Tn wrestlers. How did Demitrius Johnson lose by a major? No one will touch him in Tn. Not just him; I am surprised by the margin of scores some of our best boys lost. Is Ga that tough?

LOL !! Is Georgia ahead of Tennessee ??? Is a pig's #### pork ? Can you find salt water in the ocean ??? Yeah GA is ahead of TN. Way ahead. Our top one or two guys are competetive in every weight class but it falls off very quickly after that. Bradley, Soddy , Baylor and a couple of others can put teams on the mat that will hold their own down south but as a whole we are way behind. Go catch a USA tournament at say McCeachern (sp) on any given saturday and watch 1000 + middle school age wrestlers go at it . 32 man brackets ( or 2 16s ) where 25 of the kids have a real shot at winning and compare it to the various middle school leagues or AAU meets where if you are lucky there might be 3 decent guys per weight class. Most of our regional leagues are content to wrestle the same ten guys over and over again and call it a season. Some of the larger highs schools in GA have well over a hundred kids come out for wrestling. We have numerous schools with over 1500 students who can't come close to putting a 14 man line up on the mat. I don't have the answers but we have a long way to go to match the same depth GA has.

LOL !! Is Georgia ahead of Tennessee ??? Is a pig's #### pork ? Can you find salt water in the ocean ??? Yeah GA is ahead of TN. Way ahead. Our top one or two guys are competetive in every weight class but it falls off very quickly after that. Bradley, Soddy , Baylor and a couple of others can put teams on the mat that will hold their own down south but as a whole we are way behind. Go catch a USA tournament at say McCeachern (sp) on any given saturday and watch 1000 + middle school age wrestlers go at it . 32 man brackets ( or 2 16s ) where 25 of the kids have a real shot at winning and compare it to the various middle school leagues or AAU meets where if you are lucky there might be 3 decent guys per weight class. Most of our regional leagues are content to wrestle the same ten guys over and over again and call it a season. Some of the larger highs schools in GA have well over a hundred kids come out for wrestling. We have numerous schools with over 1500 students who can't come close to putting a 14 man line up on the mat. I don't have the answers but we have a long way to go to match the same depth GA has.

The stronger programs in Tennessee have coaches who do a great job in not only getting kids out for wrestling, but do a great job in keeping them out for wrestling. Baylor, Soddy, Bradley, McCallie, Father Ryan, and SEVERAL others have great numbers in the wrestling room. Also, they have tremendous support form Parents and School employees. At the elite programs, the whole school community takes part. As well as they do a GREAT JOB developing their kids.

If it were not for those leagues or AAU programs, and the tireless efforts of those involved in those organizations, some kids would never have an opportunity to take part in the sport of wrestling.

To all of you who give or have given your valuable time to work with the kids of Tennessee in whatever sport and in whatever youth sport organization, I just want to say Thank You and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Edited by TeamTN

Correct me if I am wrong, but Georgia wrestling has yet to start the wieght regulation program that Tennessee has. Some of the Parkview wrestlers looked HUGE this weekend, I could not believe how much bigger they were at each weight class. That really makes a difference when kids can drop as much weight as they want to. Taking nothing away from they way they can wrestle, but I think this does give them an advantage.