Antioch and Whites Creek

seminolemt

I find these two match-ups very interesting to see how they turn out. McEachern from what I have been hearing from my best friend who lives in Atlanta is that no one but two teams have come close to beating them so far this year. Ranked 7th in the 5A top ten. There bench is stacked deep. They have height and speed. I would expect both games to be all out run fest. There is no telling how many points will be scored. For Whites Creek they will be out sized by a lot so they may want to stick to staying away from the big men. Antioch this will be the toughest match-up outside the Arby's Classic this year. Size and speed will be the name of the game. McAdoo and Wells better bring their best because they will have their hands full if they don't. All in all these two games will be worth the money to go; two of the best teams in Tennessee going up against one of the best in Georgia. <_<

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whites Creek boast's two of the fastest players in the state. PG Calvin Roberts and Jamie Graham. Both were excellent football players. Both run about a 4.4. They are the catalyst for them.

Whites creek likes to pressure the ball and jump the passing lanes, creating opportunities for them on the other end. It will be a welcome game from the grind it out games we see in 12-aaa.

Antioch is 12 deep. not much drop off on the bench. they will like to run too. antioch will press the whole game with a 2-2-1 press.

Sounds like these games will be worth my money.

Both games will be played at antioch high school.

Whites Creek and Antioch are both better than riverdale and blackman. The best team in Murfreesboro is Oakland High School.

i could see how you said that jamie is the catalyst but id have to disagree with calvin. these two were neck and neck in middle school but since calvins acl injury, h has kind of fallen off in basketball.. i think the unsung player on their team is josh eddy. he rebounds the best, is arguably the best on ball defender(jamie is better off ball and anticipating steals) and also scores on the few plays and touches he gets. Also we cannot forget about demonte harper. he hasnt really played to his potential much this year but once they all get clicking, whites creek will be even more dangerous.

I agree with Eddy. He is the one doing all the dirty work. He contests every shot, blocks several, rebounds, and scores when needed. Harper is just so smooth sometimes I forget about him. Harper is still a good player. He just does everything with ease and it looks like he's not playing hard. I mentioned calvin because he has taken over the point guard duties(swallowing his pride). And allowing jamie to free lance. Yes coming out of middle school calvin was the best 8th grader in the city. He has changed his game. He has great handles, but his shot isn't consistant. He plays great defense too(on and off the ball). Good points though.

Man, it has been a time since I've posted. I have been reviewing this post and it seems like one of the most genuine and productive ones.

Anyhoo, I also agree that Eddy has made his mark. I wished all of last year that he would play more of an intricate role, but he just played his role. He has gone unsung for the past two years and, I elated for he acknowledgements this year.

I really appreciate Jamie's game because he has played with the same energy that he's played with all his years; high speed! In a day and time when the high school "superstar" doesn't play with the same intensity that got them there, he does just that.

Demonte is truly potential waiting to happen, but I hope that he doesn't wait too long. He has a good stoke and intensitiy when he wants to. I definitely don't want to devalue his worth, because he's a difference maker when he wants to be or when we notice him.

One thing that I can say is that I know that Whites Creek will show up to play. I haven't had the opportunity of seeing Antioch this year, but in years past one never knew what team was going to show. For the sake of a good basketball game, tourney and Middle TN basketball, I hope that they show up and put on a good showing.

Happy Holidays to all!