The team to beat in valley

OLD PIRATE

It does not matter what Beano Cook, Little Pirate or Wrenchy Poo thinks. Trust me, Marion County is and always will be the team to beat in the valley. We may have fallen on some harder times lately, but the truth hurts and we are the team to beat. Too many or our so called fans get on here talking smack about SP, but I have already told you people. You can have back these "fencejumpers" as you call them. Take them back, take them all back. We are MARION COUNTY!!

SP beat Jasper and everybody else in the valley last year and beat them like yard dogs. SP returns all of the same team less 3 starters. I expect Jasper to improve since this is the second year under a new coach but just why you think Jasper will be improved enough to beat SP next year? How many starters is Jasper returning? Has the coaching turmoil died down?

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP will always be the team to beat in the valley because the have THE BEST football program in the Sequatchie Valley. Staff, players, facilities, support personel, off season conditioning program, summer workouts and in season preparation. From top to bottom it is THE BEST!

Does that include your new $7M gym or not. Oh, wait, you don't have one do you? :lol:

Personally, I think that SC has the best football facilities in the Valley. JMO though.

Last time I checked, a gym doesn't have anything to do with a football program. The bottom line is the best program and most stability in the valley is at SP. The coaching staff at all the other valley schools is like one of those doors that spins around and around in circles. To build a good program, you must have some stability.

Does that include your new $7M gym or not. Oh, wait, you don't have one do you? :lol:

Personally, I think that SC has the best football facilities in the Valley. JMO though.

Fowl Raoul bets SC wishes they had a football team to put in those "nice" facilities. SC has nice stands, but there field is worst than their team, it has pea gravel on it. It is horrible.

SP beat Jasper and everybody else in the valley last year and beat them like yard dogs. SP returns all of the same team less 3 starters. I expect Jasper to improve since this is the second year under a new coach but just why you think Jasper will be improved enough to beat SP next year? How many starters is Jasper returning? Has the coaching turmoil died down?

Let's get something straight right now pirate dude. It has and always will be MARION COUNTY, not Jasper. SP did beat everyone last year, but contrary to popular beliefs on here, Marion County is and always will be the team from the valley that everyone aims to be like. Marion is the measuring stick for you. Pick the most important game of the year to SP, which one is it? Exactly, it's Marion County. We are the barometer for the county. There is no coaching turmoil in Jasper. Did I read on here where you are some sort of little league coach or something? Come on up if you can do a better job. Marion County will be improved in alot of areas. Remember what happened in Jasper 2 years ago? SP came in and got it handed to them in our house. Just remember I told you!

Edited by Tricky Dicky

Let's get something straight right now pirate dude. It has and always will be MARION COUNTY, not Jasper. SP did beat everyone last year, but contrary to popular beliefs on here, Marion County is and always will be the team from the valley that everyone aims to be like. Marion is the measuring stick for you. Pick the most important game of the year to SP, which one is it? Exactly, it's Marion County. We are the barometer for the county. There is no coaching turmoil in Jasper. Did I read on here where you are some sort of little league coach or something? Come on up if you can do a better job. Marion County will be improved in alot of areas. Remember what happened in Jasper 2 years ago? SP came in and got it handed to them in our house. Just remember I told you!

Old Pirate says jasper is the most important VALLEY team to beat,just for local bragging rights. Jasper during the 90s was the team much like Alabama they are still attempting to regain that status. Old Pirate says he heard that TD was a cross dresser (?). Boy, coacht should have a special thread for those cats!!!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I graduated from Bridgeport so it will always be "Jasper" to me.

SP is Jasper's biggest game too. If you use that logic it cuts both ways. The coaching turn-over at Jasper is pretty much what I would call "Turmoil". Some Jasper folks have already been calling for Coach Evan's head. Another bad season and unfortunately for him "it" will hit the fan.

I did coach LL a few years back and never lost to Jasper. I helped with Jr High the last 2 years and we still didn't lose to Jasper and went 9-0 and won the SVC Championship this year (My teams were 2nd place in the league 2 other years). You had good coaches in LL and you have a good coach in Jr High. Jasper is just a little short on talent in the groups I was associated with. Thanks for your offer but I'll just stick around at SP.

2 years ago at Jasper was a close game, it was not "getting it handed to you". Conversely this year was a good example of "getting it handed to you".

Edited by zonepirate

I graduated from Bridgeport so it will always be "Jasper" to me.

SP is Jasper's biggest game too. If you use that logic it cuts both ways. The coaching turn-over at Jasper is pretty much what I would call "Turmoil". Some Jasper folks have already been calling for Coach Evan's head. Another bad season and unfortunately for him "it" will hit the fan.

I did coach LL a few years back and never lost to Jasper. I helped with Jr High the last 2 years and we still didn't lose to Jasper and went 9-0 and won the SVC Championship this year (My teams were 2nd place in the league 2 other years). You had good coaches in LL and you have a good coach in Jr High. Jasper is just a little short on talent in the groups I was associated with. Thanks for your offer but I'll just stick around at SP.

2 years ago at Jasper was a close game, it was not "getting it handed to you". Conversely this year was a good example of "getting it handed to you".

Tell them Jasper people how it is Zone Pirate. Do you help with the high school or are you strictly junior high coach? You sound like you know alot about Pirate football. I am an old alum from South Pitt. I graduated in the early 80's.

BTW Zone Pirate, what does Slick Rick's signature supposed to mean? Just curious.

Tis' true... but the players read this crap and soon enough they begin to believe it for gospel. Some of them (on both sides) even get on here and post this stuff. SP players and fans remind me of Marion's players and fans around the mid 90's and we all know what happened there. I'm not saying SP is doomed this year but it will come and it will hurt. Yes... speaking from experience......

You are also right. I think once the season starts last years experience will help temper things this year. The beat down at Temple made a pretty big impression that will not easily be forgotten.