MatMan's Rankings #5

WrestleSBA

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think these rankings really mean much except they get people talking. I don't have any problem with them at all. Even is your kid is undefeated and pinned Dan Gable and still not ranked. Who cares. Now on the other hand, If these rankings are being used as some kind of criteria for seeding purposes for tournaments, well then I have a problem. I hope you see where I am coming from.

I don't think these rankings really mean much except they get people talking. I don't have any problem with them at all. Even is your kid is undefeated and pinned Dan Gable and still not ranked. Who cares. Now on the other hand, If these rankings are being used as some kind of criteria for seeding purposes for tournaments, well then I have a problem. I hope you see where I am coming from.

Then why have rankings at all if they don't mean anything?

Ummm, I just like doing them. It is time consuming, a lot of work and research, and you get to hear people (female dog) if they don't agree. I think it's a good tool to hear about kids that you normally would not see during the course of the year. Who would have known outside of Chattanooga that Tee Boone and Dustin Stewart were going to be studs? Who knew that Jake Young would be a monster until some poor kids found out at state? Who would have known that 125 WAS LOADED at state last year if it wasn't for these worthless rankings? Keep in mind bashers, Hamm did a pretty good job of picking state placers and champs last year. Heck I want him to fill out my NCAA brackets! But back to reality, it's for fun and info only! Sometimes you have to make a big bang to get noticed and sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time. Have fun with it and for the love of GOD, send in your results! Ooltewah is the ONLY school that sends me their results. I don't know who sends what to HAMM, but I'm pretty sure that it's not a whole lot more than that.

Tonight at Harpeth.

Rankings just puts a bulleye on your chest. It's early in the season. It will mean something prior to regions.

It let's folks know there are some great kids in other parts of the state.

At slamfest didn't turner get tech-falled by someone??? i don't remember what school though...