D-II Rankings

2blLeg

I do know that Baulke is an awesome wrestler and he's gotta be smart to contend with out of state competition. But I also know that weight does play a big part of a wrestlers dominance in a particular weight class, especially comng up into the high school ranks. Just a different league........ of competition. Why do you think that Jackel is having a little and I mean a little trouble with some of the best high school guys at 189? A small learning curve that 99% of middle schoolers go through. Just jumping from middle to high is enough but giving up a couple of pounds being a light weight (ie. a natural 101lb freshman as opposed to a heavy 113lb soph or junior losing down to 103) trying for a state championship. Kids like Jackel and Baulke will be state champions soon.... maybe this year... we'll see.

Baucke is not a light 103 by any means, he has grown quite a bit since this past summer, and along with that his strength has increased as well. If you ask me, he's the real deal and will be someone to contend with this year. I've seen him wrestle a couple times already this season, and he has a mat sense that most kids don't have. To me, it's like he sees his moves 2 or 3 moves ahead of his opponent.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baucke is not a light 103 by any means, he has grown quite a bit since this past summer, and along with that his strength has increased as well. If you ask me, he's the real deal and will be someone to contend with this year. I've seen him wrestle a couple times already this season, and he has a mat sense that most kids don't have. To me, it's like he sees his moves 2 or 3 moves ahead of his opponent.

He seems to be the underdog since all the doting is going on in the Chatt-room area about 103. But he has soooo much out of state experience. Just hope theres someone down there (around his size) in the West area working with him day-in d-out to prepare for those eastsideboys "YEEEEEAHHHHH-WHHHHHAAT- OOKAYYYY!!") . I hope he takes it all.

Mark Simpson,

Please make the call and come out or go under. This post seems to be obsessed (sp, SBA, hope I didn't upset with the spelling) with you. As for who is actually wrestling, Manley looks awful strong as well as Baucke.

Best of luck to all and Merry Christmas.

You are out of line H/D. Simpson is an eighth grade kid who will wrestle where, when and how his coach decides. You have no business calling him out. Hopefully the Simpson kid has better things to do than read some of the nonsense posted on these boards. Baucke, Manley, Simpson ( there are others ) are all fine young wrestlers who have benefited from good coaching and better parents. They will all make fine high school wrestlers. Crowning them the next Gable or Hodge before they hit puberty puts unecessary pressure on the kids and is just plain stupid. All this talk about 4 and 5 time state champions before some of these kids have even wrestled a varsity match defies any intelligent explanation.

You are out of line H/D. Simpson is an eighth grade kid who will wrestle where, when and how his coach decides. You have no business calling him out. Hopefully the Simpson kid has better things to do than read some of the nonsense posted on these boards. Baucke, Manley, Simpson ( there are others ) are all fine young wrestlers who have benefited from good coaching and better parents. They will all make fine high school wrestlers. Crowning them the next Gable or Hodge before they hit puberty puts unecessary pressure on the kids and is just plain stupid. All this talk about 4 and 5 time state champions before some of these kids have even wrestled a varsity match defies any intelligent explanation.

Maj,

I expected a comment out of you, just not your ignorance. My post was in jest directed to all of the people infatuated with whether M Simpson wrestles. The post should be about who IS Wrestling. Any intellegent person would have seen this, however, you fell for it HOOK line and sinker. You know Mr. Simpson, he can defend himself when necessary, it is not necessary here. I am betting he knows this was in jest.

Maj, you have no business period. All this talk and you only come out to attack me. Lame, lame, lame. I hate to think things are that bad for you. I can only hope Christmas takes the Grinch from you, or are you the Grinch?

Edited by hoosierdad